PDA

View Full Version : FF5-based BYOND Game

Dylamos
06-03-2005, 12:43 PM
I had recently cought a glimpse of what could be possibly a great Final Fantasy 5-themed BYOND game. For those who don't know what BYOND is, it's basically a programming engine that sets up games online, free of charge. It's easier than all the other languages, and if you haven't seen it yet... you should give it a shot.

BYOND's website: http://www.byond.com

Now for this game I saw, it looks pretty neat. It's themed on Final Fantasy 5, but it has a platora of other features from other Final Fantasies. Since this is online, you control only one character, which means you can rig him out to what you see fit! Commands from that of Final Fantasy VI will even be mentioned in the game, the "Warrior" class (Knight) has the ability to use "Sword Technique" on his abilities, very similiar to Cyan's attack in Final Fantasy VI. Their goal is, I suppose, is to have every class have a skill that grows in power and uniqueness by every level. So far it looks great!

This game I'm talking about... is still heavy in development. I've been supporting them for months now, and now the developers need a thriving community in order to get the feedback they request back in order to make a truely great game. However, there IS a screenshot of the game for those of you whom register to the forums... and it holds up to what hype it has generated.

So please, come join our quaint, active little community and perhaps morph it into a community of great proportions! Remember, the more users that get on the forums, the more pressure for the developers to release the game! ;-)

Forum: http://s9.invisionfree.com/ffr

Meat Puppet
06-03-2005, 01:07 PM
the final fantasy IV byond was good
kinda gay people on it
my zelda 1 nes on byond was awesome until my team partner stole the entire project

LoKuS
06-04-2005, 07:56 AM
When is this going to be ready to play?

Dylamos
06-04-2005, 09:15 AM
the final fantasy IV byond was good
kinda gay people on it
my zelda 1 nes on byond was awesome until my team partner stole the entire project

You mean "Final Fantasy Legacy"?

The creator actually sponsers that game. It was programmed extremely well, and the graphics are a near replica of Final Fantasy IV's. It was a great game indeed.

When is this going to be ready to play?

I really don't know. Besides the screenshot, there really isn't much to lean on. The creator seems to be focused, and he really seems to be heading in the right direction of where a game should go. If you really want to know, PM the creator on the boards or something. He MAY be able to give you a rough estimate...

Again, I feel guilty for plaguing these boards for advertising. And surprisingly, you guys took this extremely well, with some avid enthusiasm as of yet. I thank all of you, truely. All I'm trying to do is get the word out on what could possibly be a phenominal game :) .

Roogle
06-05-2005, 05:29 PM
Yeah, I was a GM on Final Fantasy Legacy. I don't like the resources BYOND provides for its users, nor the userbase for the games. As it is, it makes it extremely difficult for any programmer to finish his work.

Is Loud involved in this project in any way? He is the one that programmed Final Fantasy Legacy mostly before it was taken over by another party.