PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Japan!

SomethingBig
06-03-2005, 01:42 PM
Well, not really, but I'm hopefully going next year for a school trip. It's really complicated because my parents want to go to the Philippines at basically the same time, so I have to go to Japan with my school, and then go from Japan to the Philippines by myself. Does anyone know how many people in Japan actually speak english? America no kaigun wa doko desu ka? :confused: Oh oh, and are any of you bloodthirsty EoFFers currently living in Japan? If not, go there in May of 2006, plz.

SNOOZER
06-03-2005, 01:46 PM
I visited Japan last december, and the number of english speakers are variable. But for the most part most everybody I spoke with understood. But then again, everytime I bought something from a store, they would always speak to me in japanese anyway.

Philippines? Neat, I want to go, I haven't been home in so long. Do you speak tagalog?

Resha
06-03-2005, 01:48 PM
Japan!? :O That's so cool...AND WITHOUT PARENTS, EVEN. *Dies of envy* I'd like to go to another country on a school trip without parents. :D Not that I'd do anything bad or something...:p

Zeldy
06-03-2005, 01:52 PM
Japan.. id love to go there! Tokyo <3
The City of Games..
The only place i get to go with school is France :mad:

SomethingBig
06-03-2005, 02:05 PM
Snoozer, yeah, I speak a bit of Tagalog, so I definitely won't have trouble getting to my grandparents' house in the Philippines, but my parents'll be there to pick me up anyway, so no worries. :)

I'ma get me a Japanese girlham. :choc2:

Flying Mullet
06-03-2005, 02:14 PM
Most people know the basics of English (they have to study it in school), but once you get out of the major metro areas (Tokyo, Yokohama, Kyoto, etc...) a lot of them are afraid to use it as they don't get to practice it very much, so you might have some problems there.

SNOOZER
06-03-2005, 02:25 PM
Somethingbig: Ayos pare! I'm suprised there are any tagalog speakers in these forums. Bilingualism is the awesome!

Maxico
06-03-2005, 05:06 PM
Tell Japan I said hello back.

Itsunari 2000
06-03-2005, 11:24 PM
Ohayo , igisurijin wakarimasu ka ?

Yeah ,Japan's cool.Overcrowded and expensive, with possibly the worst indigenous pop music on the planet, but I'd go.

SomethingBig
06-04-2005, 12:23 AM
Somethingbig: Ayos pare! I'm suprised there are any tagalog speakers in these forums. Bilingualism is the awesome!
Pfft, I'm, like, trilingual. I speak english, a bit of tagalog, and french.

Anyone know if that 2-3 story building of video-games is in Tokyo?

Flying Mullet
06-04-2005, 12:28 AM
There are a lot of video game stores in Akihabara. Usually the first floor is new releases, with either the second or third floor dealing in used games and the upper floors dealing with anime and action figures. And then there's always the basement that has more adult items.

Jojee
06-04-2005, 01:42 AM
Aww you should take me, Biggie ^_^ I want to visit the land of anime and Hello Kitty.

Teek
06-04-2005, 08:51 AM
Not to be a dick, but there is a lot more to see than video games. There's so much there! Where in Japan are you visitng?

Shlup
06-04-2005, 09:22 AM
My friend is on vacation in Bali... she has a layover in Tokyo on the way there, and one in Osaka on the way back. Each several hours. I think Osaka is a twelve hour layover. Lucky bitch!

Flying Mullet
06-04-2005, 03:59 PM
I wouldn't be jealous of your friend's layover in Osaka. Osaka is a big nasty industrial city. It's the New Jersey of Japan.