PDA

View Full Version : Why does everyone hate Tellah, Umaro, Cait Sith, Rinoa, Quina, Wakka and Rikku?

Levian
06-03-2005, 04:40 PM
Hmm?

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-03-2005, 04:53 PM
Tellah: Can't gain MP so while he does have higher level spells, he can't use them a lot.

Umaro: I like pairing Umaro with Cyan so I don't know what you're talking about.

Rinoa: As I understand it she's a needy little *****.

Quina: Pointless. Just pointless.

Wakka: With the ability to do the highest damage in the game and being good at attacking flying enemies, I use Wakka a lot. His stats are actually the highest out of all my characters.

Rikku: Annoying.

ThroneofDravaris
06-03-2005, 05:54 PM
Because you all suck.

*walks away quite pleased with his well thought out answer*

eestlinc
06-03-2005, 06:10 PM
because we are all full of hatred.

FiragaBreak
06-03-2005, 06:47 PM
I don't hate things. I dislike them. Hate is so cruel.

RedCydranth
06-03-2005, 07:24 PM
I don't hate tellah, Umaro, Quina, Wakka or Rikku.

I do hate Cait Sith and Rinoa.

For the rerasons i hate Cait, see my post in "Why does everyone hate Cait Sith" thread in the FF7 forum.

For the reasons I hate Rinoa look up whiny little biatch in the dictionary.

rubah
06-03-2005, 08:36 PM
I dont' remember ff4 enough to remember what I think about tellah.

I liked using cait sith and rinoa though ^_^

quina is fun when you have more blue magic, but umaro is just bleh.

Wakka annoys me:P But Rikku is awesome and my third best player. as in, one of three whose stats are in the 220+ range xD

TurkSlayer
06-03-2005, 09:45 PM
Tellah: A rather annoying old man and his magic wasn't that useful to me.
I like Umaro.
I like Cait Sith.
I like Quina.
I don't really have any opinion on Rinoa.
I don't like Wakka. He is an annoying religious fanatic and an Al Bhed hater. And he punched Luzzu. Luzzu is awesome.
I like Rikku, at least more than I do Tidus, Yuna, and Wakka.

Delta
06-03-2005, 11:59 PM
I hate all but wakka actually I LOVED Wakka he was great and a funny chracter so he became my fav 10 chracter.

SomethingBig
06-04-2005, 12:20 AM
Rikku was the only FFX character that I liked.
Umaro was pretty useless. Characters you can't control don't belong in your party.
I hated Cait Sith's limit breaks and his overall character.
I liked Rinoa.
I never cared for Blue Mages, so Quina's in between.
Wakka was just annoying.

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-04-2005, 03:14 AM
Ah forgot Cait Sith. He, or Reeve, if you prefer, is a great character, but I dislike him in battle.

muchacho
06-04-2005, 03:26 AM
wait, you put tellah in the hate list instead of edward? tellah could cast some strong magic, edward just played his stupid harp. oh yeah, tellah also bitch slaped edward....... tellah = pimp with some sweet glasses.

i thought wakka was good. rikku was annoying, but you had to use her in those dang underwater fights.

ShivaBlizzard8
06-04-2005, 03:26 AM
I really liked Wakka, even though Brother was a better Blitz player and getting his celestial weapon was tedious.

Anyone who doesn't appreciate the awesomeness that is Quina should be plauged by frogs.

Alexander
06-04-2005, 04:32 AM
Tellah - Can't have more than 90 MP. It means.. only three Fire/Bolt/Ice3. SUCKIE.

Umaro - I pair him with Cyan too... o_O

Cait Sith - I luv him! So damn kawaii! And megaphone.. *-*

Rinoa - This one I hate. Yup. Broing, irritating, brunette, she is a sorceress, blah blah blah... and she is a nosepicker! >_o

Quina - I luv it/him/her! He rocks! *-*

Wakka and Rikku - I'm okay with these two. I just don't like them a lot. But I like them... XD

Slade
06-05-2005, 01:09 AM
So much hate.........sheesh. I like all these characters. If they werent in the games they featured, then the story wouldnt be the same so quit belly aching. Anyhow......theres only one FF character i truley hate and thats Edge from FFIV. What a dork! :mad: (!!!Now im belly aching! :eek: )

Takara
06-05-2005, 02:54 AM
Heh, the only one I hate in those listed is Rinoa.

Tellah - I can tolerate even with the 90 MP limit because he's the only solid mage you have at some point in FFIV. And he's more useful that Edward. (Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Edward and his spoony bard-ness, I just think he's useless in combat).

Umaro - Must be a trend, I usually pair him with Cyan too... >_>

Cait Sith - He had his moments where he iritated me, but I don't hate him.

Quina - Come on, now, Quina was just plain awesome!

Wakka and Rikku - No opinion on them, as I have never played the game.

MJN SEIFER
06-06-2005, 07:49 PM
EVERYONE doesn't hate them. Just the ones who do. Cait Sith is actually VERY peopular with most people I know

And I've never heard ANYONE say that hate Rinoa - she's one of the best story's iin FF (Her realtion with Squall is so beutifully written)

thinking of names is hard
06-06-2005, 08:19 PM
umaro....erm....dont remmember him.
Rikku...she was good in ff x....can understand why she was disliked but i still liked her.
Rinoa....still dont understand what everyones problem is. I always used her in my party.
Quina...Square must have been high when designing him. Why the hell did they include him in the story? Nothing against the frog eating fat
Wakka.....he was alright...when he didnt talk anyway. Never realy used him in battle seriously. Dont realy hate him. Just want to tear out his vocal chords and jump on them for hours....sounds like fun. Maybe i do hate him a little...
Cait sith....couldnt stand playing as a cat. I mean...a Cat taking on the evils on the world....just doesnt work for me. I know this is final FANTASY but come on...
EDIT: oh yeah forgot about tellah...never heard of him, i havent played ff v yet. Pretty much already hate him from what everyone else has said...Actually.....i think i may hate him more than anyone else... :confused:

I Don't Need A Name
06-06-2005, 08:31 PM
Tellah- hes amazing
Umaro- very cool and stong
Cait Sith- funny and cool
Rinoa- always in my party
Quina- funny and amazing
wakka- DIE! I HATE WAKKA!
Rukku- funny and cool
so i only HATE WAKKA! DIE WAKKA!

TurkSlayer
06-08-2005, 12:59 AM
WHY DOES EVERYONE HATE EDWARD!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Edwards awesome! Sure, he sucks in battle, unless youactually train him like I did, but he's COOL! The characters I actually hate or strongly dislike are:

Tellah
Rosa
Palom and Porom
Butz
Krile
Whatever the princesses name is from FFV
Strago
Relm (though she can be useful)
AERIS!!!!
Barret (He's okay, but rather useless)
Selphie
Zell
Steiner
Tidus
Yuna
WAKKA!!!!!!
Algus

RedCydranth
06-08-2005, 01:44 AM

Man, I was just starting to like you TurkSlayer.. Relm is the MOST useful mage in FF6... Sure Sketch sucks, but her Magic power is through the roof.

Oh and the princess in 5 was Reina AND Faris technically.

TurkSlayer
06-08-2005, 02:07 AM

Man, I was just starting to like you TurkSlayer.. Relm is the MOST useful mage in FF6... Sure Sketch sucks, but her Magic power is through the roof.

Oh and the princess in 5 was Reina AND Faris technically.

That why I said she was useful. I don't like her character, but I could never have beaten the game if I didn't have her magic.

And I forgot Faris was technically a princess. Well, I was refering to Reina. Faris is awesome.

rubah
06-08-2005, 04:11 AM
Rinoa - This one I hate. Yup. Broing, irritating, brunette, she is a sorceress, blah blah blah... and she is a nosepicker! >_o

I choose to take 'brunette' as a personal insult:o

and perhaps broing as well xD

RedCydranth
06-08-2005, 04:46 AM
Gotcha Turk, I liked Relm altogether though. The only reason I don't have her in my top 8 is cuz of sketch. Her and Vivi are close in power (and Lulu) but Vivi's got the edge.

ANYHOW, on topic, Those hated characters aren't hated by too many people. Sure people whine about some characters, I'm guilty of saying that Edward sucks, because he does. But most of those opinions aren't rooted in fact, just opinion. Sure Cait Sith, in comparison to Cloud and Tifa, cant hit hard, but if you want to use him, then do so. He hits hard enough to beat the game with him. All of the characters listed are decent characters. Even Tellah with his 90MP limit. Early on, his spell knowledge is really useful. If you know how to use him, Umaro can be a powerhouse like Sabin or Locke. Cait Sith may not be the best attacker or magic user, but hes decent at both. Think of him as a red mage. Not good in either but can do both well enough to get by. Rinoa, well this is easy. Shes useful as all hell. Same with Quina, Wakka and Rikku. its all a matter of peoples playing style.

Oh, the ONLY character in the FF series with no value is Edward, But I think he's cool, the spoony bard.

Ultima Shadow
06-08-2005, 08:36 AM
I love Quina. I like the rest. But I DO hate disslike Yuna and Paine. :greenie:

Alexander
06-08-2005, 03:47 PM

I choose to take 'brunette' as a personal insult:o

and perhaps broing as well xD

I meant "boring", but since "broing" is so idiot, and I'm talking about Rinoa, I decided to keep the "broing" xDDDD

Mo-Nercy
06-10-2005, 03:42 AM
I like Rinoa, Wakka and Rikku. :(

Germ Hamee
06-10-2005, 07:00 AM
I didn't hate any of those listed as charactors, but I didn't really have much of an opinion on them either. Okay, maybe I lie a little bit. Wakka was annoying like none other. That friggen accent drove me up the wall and he never had anything interesting to say.

I actually hated Rikku until I played FFX-2. I don't know why, but I thought she was a LOT of fun in that game.

Hikaro Takayama
06-11-2005, 05:17 AM
I've never played FF IV or VI, so I can't say anything about Tellah or Umaro, however I can offer somewhat informed opinions on the rest of them:

I generally didn't like Cait Sith due to his general uselessness, not to mention that his limit breaks were way to random for my liking (Yes, my final party against Sephiroth consisted of Cid, Cloud and Yuffie with fully charged limit meters, marking me forever as a munchkin, but I like to have as much firepower on my side when dealing with enemies of that caliber), but I didn't really hate him per se....

Rinoa was my favorite character in VIII for a variety of reasons, not the least of which was that she was a girl who could think up some kick-arse plans (I like smart girls), and was really good in a fight as well.

Quina had a slightly annoying personality, but I like blue mages (nothing like taking one of the bad guys tricks and using it against them in my book), and s/he was undoubtably handy in a fight, and was well balanced, not to mention that in places where I couldn't get ethers on a regular basis (like 90% of map), Quina's 1000 needles attack (with a 5 MP cost) was the best deal going, especially against ranged enemies, and enemies resistant to normal or magical damage (1000 needles ignored defense and always did 1000 points of damage).

Wakka, I liked, because of his cool Jamaican accent, mon. Plus he dealt some major long-range damage and could almost always kill flying monsters in one hit.

Rikku was my favorite charachter in X due to the fact that, again, I like smart, spunky girls who aren't afraid to speak their mind. Not only that, but thanks to Rikku, my party never had to buy potions. :lol: On top of that, during several boss fights, Rikku's Mix overdrive got my butt out of a jam (wether it was mixing a hi-potion and an antidote to get a super-elixer that healed the entire party and removed all status ailments or the time I used a similar formula to make a ultra-phoenix and used it on Elvrae Altana and took off almost half its hit points in 1 round).

-Loki-
06-11-2005, 05:30 AM
I love Rinoa! She is beautiful and smart and nice and she always tries her hardest. She is always in my party because she is a great fighter too. Cait Sith is just so annoying!

Dreddz
06-11-2005, 10:20 AM
I dont really agree with the list myself
Tellah, Umaro and Rinoa I personally dont like
But Cait Sith is good for magic and stuff and was in my final game-party a few times
Quina ??????? She/he is like the best in FFIX, White Wind and Frog Drop is all you need
Wakka has high stats and later in the game can do some of the most damage
And people dont like Rikku cause they dont give her a chance due to getting her late in the game and starting out with low low stats
But thief skills have always been the best skills out of any game bar-none

Del Murder
06-11-2005, 07:02 PM
Don't these people have their own individual threads in their game forums? Yes I think so.