PDA

View Full Version : yuna is so overrated

foreveryrp
06-03-2005, 05:48 PM
in ffx yuna did not defeat sin from the first battle with sin you dont ever have to sommon those stupid aoens all you need to do is to get tides acttack to 255 and you can defeat sin from the first to the last battle agienst yevon in never haft to sommon one of those fake aeon so in other words you could beat ffx without ever having to use yuna

fire_of_avalon
06-03-2005, 06:40 PM
I really have no idea what you're trying to say, but this belongs in the FFX forum, not the FFX-2 forum. :)

boys from the dwarf
06-03-2005, 07:46 PM
i thought you liked yuna and now you criticicing her. im getting confused.

Shalashaska
06-03-2005, 08:12 PM
First of all, grammar and punctuation are you friends. Second, if you're saying what I think you're saying (and it is very hard to tell) then obviously the story and especially the significance of the ending went completely over your head.

squareSOFT
06-03-2005, 10:20 PM
I think I know what you are trying to say. I'll respond asuuming you're trying to say that yuna is useless in a fight.

Yuna is far from useless. She can heal and summon for straters, both of which are necessary unless you have extrtemely good characters. Secondly, once she has completed her "path" her magic is almost double of Lulu's. So if you get Lulu to learn all the firagas, thundagas etc. and then transfer them to Yuna via. black magic spheres (or numerous other ways) she then becomes infinite times better than Lulu. Her path also goes by Rikkus "steal" and "use" commonds, so if you if you retern with a return sphere you can learn those as well. Add moves like "doublecast" and "holy" into the mix and she becomes by far the best character. If you play it right she will be able to summon, use wht magic, black magic, steal, use special items and have excellent stats. This is all withut going out of your way to do anything because pretty much all the required items can be obtained from bosses or findable chests.

Dr.M
06-04-2005, 06:59 AM
rigth on square SOFT, she's deadly when she doublecasts holy and flear. and i don't get u foreveryrp?

boys from the dwarf
06-04-2005, 12:26 PM
ive said this in a different thread but ill say it again.(i feel like that guy from mastermind you know "ive started so ill finish".)every character is pretty much the best character if everyones completed the sphere grid the only thing that makes them different is there starting stats and overdrives.(different as in different in battle because everyone is different in there own way really.i just didnt want people takin teh piss saying what about there sex height E.C.T being different.)

Ravenmorghane
06-05-2005, 12:02 AM
The fact that its possible to complete it without ever having to summon... well I wouldn't know. But to do that you would have to miss out on LOTS of side quests and secret aeons. so use the aeons, especially the magus sisters, bahamut and anima they're definately my favourites in battle.

I have mentioned in another forum about being coherant when tryin to argue a point intelligently to deserve any kind of consideration. I dont wanna have to write it out again!

Tai-Ti
06-05-2005, 12:42 PM
i think it would be possible to get through the game without summoning. The only thing i find a bit over rated about Yuna, i sthat in X-2, shes givin all credit for defeating sin, while other characters are never achknolegded. But in X, auron was certaintly achknoledged for his services to Braska.

Angelz*and*Emoz
06-26-2005, 09:44 PM
in ffx yuna did not defeat sin from the first battle with sin you dont ever have to sommon those stupid aoens all you need to do is to get tides acttack to 255 and you can defeat sin from the first to the last battle agienst yevon in never haft to sommon one of those fake aeon so in other words you could beat ffx without ever having to use yunawha? :screwy: :frust:

Craig
06-26-2005, 10:21 PM
In my opinion Yuna is the best character in the game, and that is because even if you max out everybody's stats Yuna is still the only one capable of summoning, and the summons can dish out alot more damage then characters can, Anima has the strongest attack in the game, if not the whole of Final Fantasy.

rubah
06-26-2005, 10:38 PM
i think it would be possible to get through the game without summoning. The only thing i find a bit over rated about Yuna, i sthat in X-2, shes givin all credit for defeating sin, while other characters are never achknolegded. But in X, auron was certaintly achknoledged for his services to Braska.

That's because she was STILL ALIVE

else braska would've gotten a lot more recognition.

The Man
06-26-2005, 10:39 PM
If you really max out everyone's stats to 255 each, then the summons are no more powerful than the individual characters, assuming you use weapons with Break Damage Limit. But very people have the patience to do that.

(edit: I forgot that the summons have better attacks in the International Edition. If you're European, ignore the previous paragraph).

As far as her impact in the game, she *was* the summoner that defeated Sin and Yu Yevon, but I agree that her guardians also deserve credit. As a character, she may be somewhat overrated, at least by the people who say OMFG BEST FINAL FANTASY FEMALE EVAR!!!!1 But there're plenty of people who say she's an awful character as well. Pretty much like with every game ever, really. ;p I think overall, she's rated just about right.

rubah
06-26-2005, 10:39 PM

That's because she was STILL ALIVE

else braska would've gotten a lot more recognition.

Stuff about anima

Not in the North American version. Her attack is just one attack, and not like, 16. The only aeon that breaks the secondary damage limit is Mindy with passado.

Rana
06-27-2005, 02:52 AM
in ffx yuna did not defeat sin from the first battle with sin you dont ever have to sommon those stupid aoens all you need to do is to get tides acttack to 255 and you can defeat sin from the first to the last battle agienst yevon in never haft to sommon one of those fake aeon so in other words you could beat ffx without ever having to use yuna:tonberry: not me at the end of the game you will have a lot of use for her!!!! :tonberry:

rikku_05
06-28-2005, 02:17 AM
I personally think yuna is nice but she's a total slut in FFX-2! Oh and I also think her and Tidus look like a horrible couple!

TheAbominatrix
06-28-2005, 02:32 AM
How is she a slut? Because of how she dresses? Last I checked, being a slut means you have sex with a lot of different people, and given that Yuna doesnt have any sex I'm aware of, that would negate her slut status.

XxSephirothxX
06-28-2005, 04:48 AM
Considering how powerful Yuna becomes when you have her Ultimate Weapon and most of the magic in the game, she's pretty good. I didn't really care for her character a lot, but she wasn't horribly annoying. All in all, quite decent.