PDA

View Full Version : PS2 DVD Problem

JunotDe
06-04-2005, 12:18 AM
Sorry I didnt know where tuh put this thread move it to where you want.

Anyways, anytime that I play a DVD the screen will go from normal colours to really dark then bright again then dark then bright then dark, Why does it do this? it happens with any t.v that its been on and has happened ever since i've had the ps2 (I think) Anyway to fix this problem

also another thing I jus plugged my computer speakers into my t.v but only one of the speakers work why is this?

Samuraid
06-04-2005, 01:48 AM
I would suspect it either has something to do with macrovision (which you cannot really fix...you just have to find a TV that isn't affected), or the video connection cables from the PS2 to the TV are bad, old, or not connected securely.

Shoeberto
06-04-2005, 05:06 AM
Are you running your PS2 through a VCR or other pass-through device? I remember that happening when my family used to run our DVD player through our VCR. Plugging it directly into the TV could solve the problem.

If that's not it, check the cables.

Samuraid
06-04-2005, 06:31 AM
Are you running your PS2 through a VCR or other pass-through device? I remember that happening when my family used to run our DVD player through our VCR.

That would be due to macrovision. :) I personally dislike it a lot.

DMKA
06-04-2005, 06:34 AM
Yeah, I remember when I first got mine it'd do that because I had it hooked up through my VCR. Hook it directly to the television and it doesn't do that. :)

Yamaneko
06-04-2005, 06:35 AM
What about PS2 > VCR > Cable Box > TV? :D