PDA

View Full Version : angra mayiu

Dr.M
06-04-2005, 07:45 AM
he's da big,fat,ugly meany in chapter 5 in the desert and i can't get past the s#*t!!! :mad2: :nonono: :mad2:

a little help please :)

SeeDRankLou
06-04-2005, 09:03 AM
A simple solution is to use 2 Dark Knights and 1 Alchemist. Have the Alchemist learn Mega-Potion, or have a lot of Potions and Hi-Potions in stock (mixing a Potion and a Hi-Potion makes a Mega-Potion). Have the 2 Dark Knights constantly cast Darkness, and have the Alchemist constantly cast Mega-Potion (one way or the other). That's about it.

Armisael
06-04-2005, 09:45 AM
Haven't you gone at Via Infinito to receive Cat Nip?It will make Maiynhu a joke..
If no,then SeedRankLou's strategy is a good one!^_^

boys from the dwarf
06-04-2005, 12:29 PM
catnip makes everything a joke. to beat trema if you use three catnips hes easy and everything else is easy you complete the game three times and give everyone a ctnip to beat anyone even trema but for hard bosses you might want a white mage.

Dr.M
06-11-2005, 07:13 AM
i kill him now, it took me 2 days non stop. but wat dose catnip do?

Emily52
06-11-2005, 09:29 AM
Physical Attacks and Magic deals 9999 damage/healing. That's why people use it with a Gunner and Trigger Happy.
It only starts to deal 9999 though when your health is in yellow.

Dr.M
06-19-2005, 08:49 AM
COOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!! don't worry, a'l get it.I promise

NotQuiteNecessary
06-19-2005, 02:46 PM
A simple solution is to use 2 Dark Knights and 1 Alchemist. Have the Alchemist learn Mega-Potion, or have a lot of Potions and Hi-Potions in stock (mixing a Potion and a Hi-Potion makes a Mega-Potion). Have the 2 Dark Knights constantly cast Darkness, and have the Alchemist constantly cast Mega-Potion (one way or the other). That's about it.

That works excellently, but if you find Tawrich and Zarich are a bit too alive, try having your more experienced Dark Knight use Black Sky against them. That should knock off a good bit of HP. Also, before you have the Alchemist use Mega-Potion, mix a Star Curtain and whichever curtain casts 'Protect'. That gives you the effect of Hi-Wall, which you will sorely need. Don't forget that Hi-Wall wears off after a character is killed, and recast it if need arises. Also, expect this battle to go on much longer than an hour, because unless all three of your characters have Cat Nip it will, I gaurintee you.

sayen
06-19-2005, 11:39 PM
he he you do know if you run into him in the desart in erlyer chapters he will only kik you out of the battle. plus the damage carrises on so you got 1 min each time to hit him hard. and you can steal gold and items each time you run unto him so with luck you can leave him with very low hp at chapt five making it a one hit battle.

lulusgirl
06-20-2005, 09:03 PM
what level in Via Infinito do you get catnip in?

Cruise Control
06-20-2005, 09:10 PM

Queen Anthai
06-23-2005, 06:20 PM
I'M just pissed that my Auto-Reflect DID NOT, as claimed, REFLECT anything...most notably Flare...grr...

And I had him down to about 50,000 HP...*sigh*

Cruise Control
06-23-2005, 07:10 PM
I recomend shell, and barrier!

karatehero
06-24-2005, 07:17 PM
The white mage and 2 dark kinghts worked great for me. Darkness kills the wings and the white mage heals.

Queen Anthai
06-26-2005, 02:40 PM
I FINALLY got the SOB last night!! :D I used a combination of SeeDRankLou's and NotQuiteNecessary's tactics. I used Rikku as an Alchemist and Yuna and Paine as my Dark Knights. I had Rikku equipped with Auto-Haste, and I used Darkness on EVERY turn with Yuna and Paine. For Rikku's first round, I had her mix a Star and a Light Curtain, which gave me the promised Hi-Wall effect.

I cannot even tell you how much Hi-Wall saved my ass.

I used a Mega-Potion from Rikku's Stash every round thereafter, X-Potion when someone was in really dire straits, and remixed Hi-Wall every time A.M. cast Dispel. I also snuck in a Stamina Tonic in there when everyone was healthy so the party's HP was doubled. That seriously helped.

As long as you've got a mastered Alchemist and all the necessary items, this strategy is very nearly foolproof. And I didn't even have to use my Cat Nip. (Well, I did use it, near the end of the fight...I switched Yuna to Gunner when she was at 3000 HP and yes, the Cat Nip worked...but sadly, it was too late and I was at the very end of the battle. D'oh! :) )

Thank you SO much to the both of you for your suggestions! I haven't had this much of a challenge since Omega Weapon in FFVIII.

Dr.M
06-30-2005, 07:34 AM
but, how did u get past when he did ultima? it killed me with 9999hp damage to all of them!

Queen Anthai
06-30-2005, 09:08 PM
Hm? I didn't know Angra Mainyu had Ultima. Or if he does, he never used it on me. And he fought me for a good hour and a half. Are you sure we're talking about the same fiend?

Lady Pain
07-01-2005, 03:42 PM
I could use every stragety and I would still woulden't get past it.

Mirage
07-01-2005, 05:17 PM
Kill its MP :)

Cruise Control
07-01-2005, 05:44 PM
Barrier helps with that multihit thing he does at the begging, than cast reflect on your party, and him

Lady Pain
07-02-2005, 10:57 PM
Barrier helps with that multihit thing he does at the begging, than cast reflect on your party, and him
Kill its MP :) thanks both of you.