PDA

View Full Version : The Dresden Dolls

Rye
06-04-2005, 05:23 PM
I was introduced to their music by Den to the Mark (thanks!) I just bought their self titled album, and whoa, freaking awesome. It's hard to describe them, and they're under alternative category, but I'd be awfully hard to pin them under one genre to me. Basically, it's a girl singing and playing the piano and a guy playing the drums. He also plays the guitar, but not really in this CD. I'm a big piano lover, so this was awesome. The lyrics are real great too, dark and slightly humorous.

The best songs off the album so far are Coin Operated Boy, Girl Anachronism, Miss Me and Gravity. Still have half of it to listen to.

Pure Strife
06-04-2005, 06:37 PM
I heard they were touring with NIN so I was going to look into them, but the term "cabere"(sp?) put me off. I have an image of old west brothel piano music now, but they sound like they may be worth a look.

Rye
06-04-2005, 06:54 PM
Not sure what caberet exactly is, but it's not like old west music. I can recognize a bit of theatre piano in it, but it's not like Chicago or anything. xD

I heard they were touring with NIN too, as an opening act.

EDIT: A link to some mp3s of them here. (http://www.dresdendolls.com/downloads_n_lyrics/index.htm)

Aurey
06-04-2005, 11:54 PM
Ehh, I like them.

But only around half of their s/t album is only really listenable to me.

The lyrics aren't that great either, at least to me, but I do like singing along to them anyways. Especially Girl Anachronism. :P

Rye
06-05-2005, 04:41 PM
I love the lyrics to Girl Anachronism. That's one of the most fun songs I've heard.