PDA

View Full Version : Alexander Materia

Erdrick Holmes
06-04-2005, 05:52 PM
Where exactly on that mapp is the lady that I fight to get the Alexander Materia? I know where the hotsprings are, I just can't find the old lady.

Squall of SeeD
06-04-2005, 05:59 PM
Where exactly on that mapp is the lady that I fight to get the Alexander Materia? I know where the hotsprings are, I just can't find the old lady.

I seem to recall that you can only access the screen with Snow from that screen where the wind is blowing and the camera rotates (the one where you have to place flags). I think you're going to need to go off the east side of that area. Just keep placing flags so you'll be sure you're going the right way.

boys from the dwarf
06-04-2005, 06:52 PM
you can summon alexander on this.must of slipped my mind.how do you get hades though. its stupid isnt it i can breed a gold chocobo and get KOTR but i cant get hades.

Ravenmorghane
06-04-2005, 07:26 PM
Hades is in the secret crashed plane under the sea, im not sure of the location exactly but if you take the submarine you can find it and prepare for a fight with the turks!
only go down there if you're confident that you're characters are experienced enough cus the monsters down there are horrendous! Oooh and watch out for that damned emerald weapon while you're in the sub!!

boys from the dwarf
06-04-2005, 09:08 PM
im at level seventy with cloud barret and tifa all with ultimate weopons and limit breaks and KOTR and some of the other best materia in the game including contain so i think im ready.
ive also completed the game so the turks shouldnt be a problem.emerald pisses me off.hes the main reason i was stuck on finding the underwater item for 2.5 years because i thought it was near by emerald and i wanted to be careful not to go down just in case i got attacked.but what confused me is that the first time i found emerald sitting still in a kind of crater i went up to it thinking what that?and then a forcefeild hit me and it attack me and made short work of me so i reset the game and go back down to emeralds crater and hes gone and has been released. he ambushed me from behind and killed em but he didnt have a forcefeild or anything so how come he was released.

Ravenmorghane
06-04-2005, 09:53 PM
you should be fine just beware of emerald he's a bastard, just see where he is and avoid him at all costs... simple trick if he's blocking your path just tap the surface button then go back down he should have moved somewhere else, usually his litle crater thing
And the Turks are seriously the least of your problems in that sunken plane.. make sure you have PLENTY of protection against abnormal status attacks!

Erdrick Holmes
06-05-2005, 12:19 AM
Found it, I actually learned a tick to finding it quicker. Touch the hotspruings then wait until you pass out. When you wake up in the shack by the mountain go south to reach the large field of snow. Keep going east until you find Snow and touch her.

Squall of SeeD
06-05-2005, 07:25 AM
Found it, I actually learned a tick to finding it quicker. Touch the hotspruings then wait until you pass out. When you wake up in the shack by the mountain go south to reach the large field of snow. Keep going east until you find Snow and touch her.

That's what I did, as well. It's a good strategy if you don't want to deal with annoyances.

boys from the dwarf
06-05-2005, 08:20 AM
so the reason emerald wasnt in the crater the second time i looked is because he sometimes leaves it?i thought id never find out.thanks ravenmorghane.

Dreddz
06-05-2005, 02:12 PM
Emerald is a bastard
But theres less stratagy involded with him than Ruby

Ten Tailed Cat
06-05-2005, 02:24 PM
One point for Emeral is to equip as few materia as possinle, since his Aire Tam Storm does 1111hp damage for every piece of materia equipped. So only equip the bare minimum (unless you're 'ub3r' and want the AP) and he shouldn't pose too much of a problem.

boys from the dwarf
06-05-2005, 04:56 PM
i thought i was the only one on the forum that knew tat because everyone was saying have pheonix combined with final attack to survive it. i wus gunna tell em but its funny watchin em trip over themselves.eheheh

Ravenmorghane
06-05-2005, 06:06 PM
glad my info was helpful, and yes emerald is a bastard but if you get into a fight with ruby like i did without knowin what to do then you're basically screwed.
cheers for that other tip, ten tailed cat!

boys from the dwarf
06-05-2005, 07:53 PM
only equip eight peices of materia to fight him then.

Ten Tailed Cat
06-05-2005, 08:18 PM
Ruby is also easy if you equip the HP<>MP materia, since you will die regardless of how much HP you have, but with HP<>MP and final attack = revive/phoenix you'll die, but you'll never run out of MP so you'll keep reviving untill he's dead.

Good luck!

boys from the dwarf
06-06-2005, 05:03 PM
but i thought final attack materia only worked a certain amount of time depending on its level but if it does go infinite when its at master here i come emerald you arsehole.(if it only works a certain amount of times anyway emeralds still toast cuase i rock.)

Ten Tailed Cat
06-06-2005, 05:48 PM
Master it and it works as many times as your sorry ass needs it to :)