PDA

View Full Version : Anyone talk to Shinra after fighting Vegnagun leg

John_Walden
06-04-2005, 10:29 PM
Has anyone talk to SHINRA after fighting Vegnagun leg. He says somthing about using the lifeforce of the planet as energy, sounds like ff7's Mako dosn't it

DMKA
06-04-2005, 10:51 PM
No I never did that. But now I will replay it so I can because any even mildly refferencing aspect to FF7 of anything is something I need to see/hear for myself. :D

sayen
06-04-2005, 10:55 PM
acturaly it is a direct link between FF7 and FFx-2 be the kids name is shinra it could mean that in the fewture the planet has changed shape and the life stream chaned was the farplane just changes because of all the stuff.

it also means that they took the idea of useing the planets enrgy/lifeforce and used in FFx-2 to give people the veiw that there was a chance for spira to become even greater than it had been in time of the "great machina war"

Necronopticous
06-04-2005, 11:07 PM
I hope Squall of seeD will bless this thread, he has the only Final Fantasy world connectedness theory I've ever even partially believed, and it's about this.

silentenigma
06-04-2005, 11:13 PM
spheres=materia
farplain=lifestream=mako
Shinra=President of the Shin-Ra electric power company

I've always hated the FFVII reference and have decided to live my life pretending it never happened.

John_Walden
06-04-2005, 11:54 PM
I'm not sure if it's just a coincidece or not but it is odd that a kid named Shinra would talk about using the lifesorce of the planet as energy. I've looked at the world maps of both games and some places do look alittle alike but not a alot and there are not any ruins or any old cities from 10 so I don't know.

Squall of SeeD
06-05-2005, 07:56 AM
The Co-Scenario Writer of Final Fantasy VII and X-2, and sole Scenario Writer of VIII and X, Kazushige Nojima, stated in an interview in the Final Fantasy X-2 Ultimania Guide that it was his intention that the descendants of Shinra of the Gullwings founded the Shin-Ra Corporation on Gaia, the world of Final Fantasy VII.

The way he put it is that -- with financial backing from Rin -- Shinra tried to use Vegnaguns' remains to draw the Pyreflies/Spirit Energy/Lifestream of Spira and harness it in a usable form. He was unable to properly implement the concept, however, and some 1000 years later, his descendants would go to Gaia, and at some point in their future, they would found the Shin-Ra Corporation.

Whether or not he will expand on this idea is unknown. I hope he does.

boys from the dwarf
06-05-2005, 08:41 AM
basically FFX-2 make a huge reference to FF7.

I Don't Need A Name
06-05-2005, 10:34 AM
I hope Squall of seeD will bless this thread, he has the only Final Fantasy world connectedness theory I've ever even partially believed, and it's about this.
i see what you mean. he knows much.........too much! :evilking: