PDA

View Full Version : Tips/strategies for CT

The Unknown Guru
06-04-2005, 11:40 PM
Hello everybody. I wish to share my wisdom with you...

Try maxing out Crono's speed, giving him the Rainbow and the PrismSpecs, and casting Haste on him. You could also give him some magic tabs and have him cast Luminaire.

Also, I like to give Marle the PrismDress and Safe Helm, because I really rely on her for healing.

The ultimate defensive party, in my opinion, is Crono, Robo, and Marle. Lifeline and Cure Touch are incredibly useful for staying alive. Ice Tackle can do some major damage, and Crono with the combo described above helps, too. If Marle has Prism Dress and Safe helm, then this party can't be beat.

That is all my wisdom, until i think of something else. If I do, I will edit this post to include it. If anybody else has any tips, item comboes, etc. then post them here if you want, or be a miser and keep them secret.

Khimbar2775
06-27-2005, 02:22 AM
I always liked Crono Marle and Frog, cause of Arc Impulse. Plus Frog has Heal for minor heal on all (well, so does Robo, but they dont have an offensive Triple Tech) And Ice Water attacks multiple enemies. So I just have Crono Confuse the Left Bit and have Frog Leap Jump then have Marle heal when needed and have Crono luminaire the crap out of everything.

Or I replace Magus with Marle cause Frog can do the healing while Crono Luminaires and Magus Black Matters thye crap out of everything. Work for me all the time.

Plus, everyone has a Gold (something) that decreases magic by 75%. You can steal them from little pink flying things in the Black Omen near the end of ot. And you can also steal Speed tabs from the guys that are part of the wall. AND you can steal Poewr Tabs from the Guys that appear out of the vortex things and look like a Yellow version of a previous boss. Youll know whenyou see it...

edczxcvbnm
06-27-2005, 04:57 AM
I like to use Crono, Marle and Ayla. Its a great team for any battle. Marle and Ayla can use double charm to get items from enemies almost all the time. Crono can use luminare or use an awesome dual tech with Ayla. At level 99 Ayla can deal insane amounts of damage if she gets a critial hit. Crono and Marle can dual tech to heal everyone. The both have a life spell to use on people. Finally their triple tech is pretty good.

Poopcannon
07-01-2005, 11:48 PM
In 12000 BC, when everything gets destroyed (I think, maybe before...) on the piece of land floating by a chain, fight the rocks. They're dead easy to kill and they give you 10 Tech Points! 10!

If you miss them, fight they big eyeball things that lock your techs, they also give you 10 tech points...

More wizdom... When you can open the chests with the funny symbols, open them in the present FIRST, and then in 600 AD AFTER that. (I made that mistake...)

Even more (which is kinda the same as the last, but not quite...) destroy the Black Omen in 1000 AD first, then 600 AD then 12000 BC because you can get crap loads of experience this way. Even more... steal from the queen's hands to get a Prim Dress. Beat the Black Omen three times to get three, count 'em, THREE prism dresses. Sweetness!

elorian
07-02-2005, 04:06 AM
My favorite party is Chrono, Lucca, and Marle. It's a little weak on healing, but it is by far the best magical offensive party, what with Luminaire and Antipode 3. If you got those, you don't need healing.

Aphelion
07-02-2005, 01:10 PM
My favorite party is Crono, Magus and Frog. Crono and Magus attack with Luminaire and Dark Matter, while Frog heals and eventually attacks. I'm not the kind of guy who likes having a healer occupying a space that could be of an attacker, so I have both jobs combined at one character (Frog).

Peter_20
07-02-2005, 01:45 PM
I like Crono, Lucca and Frog.
It just seems to be the best balanced party.
Here you have mega attacks like Luminaire and Flare, and also a character who shines
in both the fighting and healing department.
You get all elements for the battle against Magus, too: Lightning, Fire and Water. t3h sweetness! :D

Crono, Robo and Ayla is cool too, people from all eras meeting each other.
I thought it was pretty funny. :cool:

Kittay
07-22-2005, 06:33 AM
I'm not the kind of guy who likes having a healer occupying a space that could be of an attacker...

Ditto (except I'm not a guy). Good advice, I'll def have to put Frog in my party more often.. still working on beating CT, not getting very far. :O_O:

DelightfulSpekkio442
07-22-2005, 07:43 PM
I find Crono, Frog and Ayla to be the best party. All have good/great physical attacks, Crono and Ayla have some very strong double techs (as do Crono and Frog), and both Frog and Ayla can heal. Plus Crono's got Luminaire and Life.

Desperado
08-01-2005, 03:08 AM
In 12000 BC, when everything gets destroyed (I think, maybe before...) on the piece of land floating by a chain, fight the rocks. They're dead easy to kill and they give you 10 Tech Points! 10!

If you miss them, fight they big eyeball things that lock your techs, they also give you 10 tech points...

They give you 100 tech points. Getting 10 tech points is pretty lame.

Saint_007
08-08-2005, 04:03 PM
My best team? The Big Three (or the Original Three, if you would): Crono, Marle, Lucca. Marle Hastes everyone and heals, and joins with Lucca for Antipode 3. Crono just whoops butt on his own.

But after a while, Haste becomes pointless against anyone but 2nd and 3rd form Lavos. So my next choice is:

Crono, Ayla, and Frog. Crono beats everyone up, Ayla beats people up too and steals their lunch money, and Frog can beat everyone up and heal you.

Megalixir
08-20-2005, 02:56 AM
while antipode 3 is an AMAZING technique and it gets even better if you have gold studs (1/4 mp cost) on marle and especially lucca, it doesnt do too well against lavos in his third form (heals the bit)

i like to use crono ayla and marle.

crono and ayla can use falcon hit to attack all of the targets vs. lavos form 2 & 3, and ayla and marle can use the cube toss double tech. to ownpwn.

plus, ayla can charm and cure status with kiss, marle has life 2 & cure 2, marle & crono can aura whirl for party hp recovery, and crono can well, luminaire, although i find im using him to physically attack (critical w/ rainbow + prism specs) while marle & ayla cube toss.

ShunNakamura
08-20-2005, 10:44 AM
I like Marle, Crono(all my tabs either sitted or was used on him), Lucca.

Reason being many times my Lucca's Flare would hit harder then Maguses dark matter. That and she meshes better with others... Magus don't dual tech too well. Also I just plum like Lucca... though I also like magus.. AAHHH DECISIONS!!!

*cough*

Marle is a good healer.. and I like haste.

Crono.. well he had all my tabs.. should use him then. that and confuse is nice.. and Luminaire hurts. Actually Dark matter never hit well for me... both lummy and flare hit harder. I think flare hit harder then even lummy.. and crono had all my tabs. Course I set crono and magus up as physical attackers.. whereas lucca was a magic user. so that could be why.

In this group against lavos I don't use dual and trip techs. Just blast luminaire, confuse and flare off. Have marle heal. I also use Lucca to protect so Crono actually does much of the fighting. When you got people that weak to physical.. and lavos has that grand stone(or whatever) and you are low lvl... well lets just say without protect I would lose someone.. so prot was nice.