PDA

View Full Version : Squall Limit Break: Auto vs Manual

FinalBob42
06-05-2005, 03:21 AM
On average, with which am I going to be better off? Does Auto hit almost as good as you would with great timing on manual?

Del Murder
06-05-2005, 05:12 AM
I always do manual.

Skyblade
06-05-2005, 06:01 AM
Agreed. The game says that "a Perfect might not be possible" with auto, but it's simple with manual.

Excelsior
06-05-2005, 06:18 AM
doing it manually with your eyes closed cuz youve used renzokuken so many damn times is the only way to go.

JulioA
06-05-2005, 06:23 AM
Manual, why would anyone ever use Auto. Renzozuken is pretty easy, there reall arent any hard limits in any FF. Zell's is probably the hardest but even that ones not that difficult.

boys from the dwarf
06-05-2005, 08:22 AM
manual is more effective unless you realy suck.

Sepho
06-05-2005, 05:23 PM
Manual isn't too hard, and it's kept me awake many a late night levelling session where I'd otherwise fall asleep with the controller in my hand.

Mittopotahis
06-05-2005, 10:02 PM
Manual of course...

FinalBob42
06-06-2005, 01:54 AM
The thing is: I don't get this limit break, that is, when to hit the R1 button exactly. Is it when the blue line goes between that white box? Do you press R1 only once without holding it?

Whether I don't press R1 or do, it seems to make no real difference when it comes to the damage.

CloudSquallandZidane
06-06-2005, 03:58 AM
manual.

Skyblade
06-06-2005, 06:41 AM
The thing is: I don't get this limit break, that is, when to hit the R1 button exactly. Is it when the blue line goes between that white box? Do you press R1 only once without holding it?

Whether I don't press R1 or do, it seems to make no real difference when it comes to the damage.

Press the button when the line moves into the little box. If nothing seems to change, try pressing it a little before (since your reaction may be a bit too slow).

crazybayman
06-06-2005, 04:54 PM

Doesn't it tell you when to hit R1? I think "HIT" flashes on the screen, or something like that.

Skyblade
06-06-2005, 05:27 PM
"Hit!" flashes when you successfully press R1 at the right time...

rubah
06-06-2005, 10:10 PM
Does anyone ever actually turn the indicator off?

I tried that once@_@;;;; it wasn't pretty.

Skyblade
06-06-2005, 10:32 PM
Does anyone ever actually turn the indicator off?

I tried that once@_@;;;; it wasn't pretty.

Yup. It gets harder to time it right, but I think it increased my chances of the higher level ending moves.

The Anarchy Angel
06-06-2005, 10:44 PM
To get that one right....all you ahve to do it go by the way he hits the enemy, annoying if there are long pauses between the moves (like your usuing it against Ultima Weapon) because then it gets even harder. And if you managed to get a perfect like that, i'd wave a flag for you.

Skyblade
06-06-2005, 10:51 PM
To get that one right....all you ahve to do it go by the way he hits the enemy, annoying if there are long pauses between the moves (like your usuing it against Ultima Weapon) because then it gets even harder. And if you managed to get a perfect like that, i'd wave a flag for you.

Oh, it's not that hard. Especially against bosses like Ultima Weapon, Omega Weapon, Tonberry King, Jumbo Cactuar, etc... They have a constant hit pattern. I've fought them enough with the indicator on that I can hit the timing on them perfectly almost every time.

The Anarchy Angel
06-06-2005, 10:54 PM
Then i only wave my flag a little bit. You should have made it dramatic like: I was desperately timing my blows! Sweat dripping off my face in concentration! Then i may have taken off my hat...but it take alot for me to take off my hat