PDA

View Full Version : Does Montblanc sometimes start as a thief?

kriminal99
06-05-2005, 01:35 PM
I am curious about this. This first time I played this game, I could have sworn Montblanc was a thief instead of a black mage. On top of that, I read somewhere in a faq that the author thought Montblanc started as a thief. Yet no matter how many times I start a new game now, it seems like Montblac is a black mage. Granted, I didn't do it 30 times to get a great representation because it takes forever to start a new game. But I have done it a good 5 -10 times.

Destai
06-05-2005, 04:56 PM
Nope he always starts as a black mage Im pretty sure.

tailz
06-05-2005, 05:05 PM
he always starts as black mage just as marche is always a soldier

Skyblade
06-06-2005, 01:58 AM
Montblanc-Black Mage.
Marche-Soldier.
Ritz-Fencer.
Shara-Sniper.
Babus-Runeseeker.
Ezel-Hermetic.
Cid-Judgemaster.
Cheney-Hunter.
Eldena-Red Mage.
Pallanza-Gladiator.
Lini-Mog Knight.
Quin-Sage.
Littlevilli-Sniper.

Always. Also, on the job change menu for Montblanc, Ritz, Marche, and Shara (the characters that can job change and who have unique sprites), the sprite of their base job is replaced by the sprite of that particular character. Check if you like. Go to Montblanc's job change, and you'll see that his sprite for Black Mage is different than all of the other Moogle Black Mage sprites, and that it is his normal sprite instead. (With Shara, since Sniper is an advanced job, her base job is Archer, even though she comes to you as a Sniper).

tailz
06-06-2005, 01:55 PM
sky you show off directly listing everyone one of em

:D

Skyblade
06-06-2005, 05:33 PM
sky you show off directly listing everyone one of em

:D

:D Guilty as charged. ;)