PDA

View Full Version : Hardest Super Duper Boss !

Dreddz
06-05-2005, 02:17 PM
From all the FF games
Most people say that Penance was the hardest
But remember that FFX had the Break Hp and damage limit
My hardest was either Ozma or Emerald
What about You ?

KuRt
06-05-2005, 02:31 PM
Ruby weapon. Emerald is a piece of cake

Arcanumus
06-05-2005, 03:08 PM
Ruby by far was the hardest. Emerald defeated in under 5 min's.

ThroneofDravaris
06-05-2005, 03:09 PM
All the uber bosses in FF games are easy compared to Sephiroth in KH, but to choose one, I would have to say Trema from FFX-2. I never really felt the incentive to beat this guy, so he remains the only super boss I haven’t defeated.

I had trouble defeating Ruby as well, but in the end I just gave up and used Knights of the Round. Cheapest summon ever!

Actually, there is a cheap alternative to defeating most uber bosses...

Arcanumus
06-05-2005, 03:12 PM
What's the cheap alternative?

thinking of names is hard
06-05-2005, 03:17 PM
run

Arcanumus
06-05-2005, 03:22 PM
That is cheapp but what is the fun in that.

ThroneofDravaris
06-05-2005, 03:32 PM
What's the cheap alternative?

Hmm, let's see:

FF5: nothing really, although the "jump" combo for Shinryu is pretty cheap.

FF6:The hardest boss in the game is made pathetic by casting berserk on him.

FF7: Knights of the Round makes everything easy. Can't remember if Cait Sith's auto kill dice worked on bosses...

FF8: The End, if you get it.

FF9: Maxing out thievery, Dragon Crest AND Frog Drop.

FF10: Zamato (the worst)

FF10-2: Cat-nip +level 3 triggar happy is the most used, coin toss+break damage limit pretty cheap as well.

thinking of names is hard
06-05-2005, 05:06 PM
That is cheapp but what is the fun in that.

easy....you dont get killed.

Anyway...i think the hardest boss for me was probably ultima weapon from ff viii, or maybe kefka from ff vi at the end...

Kain-Highwind
06-05-2005, 06:04 PM
Remidi final form from FFTA is the hardest because she can inflict 300 or more damage to you and it's hard to raise your HP in that game :mad: so the only way to win is:
1) Spend an entire year raising your clan's LV
2) Use Codebreaker or GameShark!

Hroth
06-05-2005, 06:15 PM
I thought Ozma was super easy. I was extremely dissapointed at how easy he was. Ruby i've had trouble with. Omega Weapon was pretty incredible. Can't remember other ones... But I think i've had the most trouble with Ruby.

Ultima Shadow
06-07-2005, 10:56 AM
Penance. Simply because everyone else is easier. :greenie:

Loony BoB
06-07-2005, 11:28 AM
Not to mention that you can exchange a Laguna card for 100 Heros, which when used on your members right after Ulti zaps you down to yellow health (with Aura cast afterwards) allows you to do non-stop limits with your characters while strutting around invincibly.

Alexander
06-07-2005, 01:11 PM
Ozma. Because Meteor + Curse kills ANYTHING.

Masamune·1600
06-08-2005, 01:30 AM
Major Numerus (Final Fantasy X-2 International + Last Mission). From what I've been able to ascertain, without the "cheap" alternative of invincibilty (via Miracle Potion), this boss is pretty much impossible. Too bad the game is exclusive to Japan.

Can't remember if Cait Sith's auto kill dice worked on bosses...

It does. It's hardly necessary, though.

TurkSlayer
06-08-2005, 02:12 AM
Ruby Weapon. Never beat him. I still have nightmares...

ff-fanatix
06-08-2005, 02:38 AM
Ruby by far was the hardest. Emerald defeated in under 5 min's.

I would love to knwo how the hell you did that.....because i only ever beat him once under the time limit....lvl 60 i think that was....

any way...all the bosses in ff7 surrenderred pretty easilly...
ff8 no real problems there...

ff9 > ozma was a bit of a bitch.....

ff10 > your kidding right???

ffx-2 > trema what a bastard....and that stupid snail ( this is before you get cat nip, not like i use cheap methods tho)

ff5 > Omega....actually frustrated me for a rather lengthy period of time.... rarr...

but all in all i think trema was the hardest for me....bear in mind i dont take cheap alternatives...or the easy way out....

Masamune·1600
06-08-2005, 03:45 AM
ffx-2 > trema what a bastard....and that stupid snail ( this is before you get cat nip, not like i use cheap methods tho)

The snail boss encountered in the Via Infinito, Concherer, is found on Cloister 60. After beating the Black Element on 40, one receives the Cat Nip accessory. This is true in the North American, PAL, and International + Last Mission versions of the game. Unless you were playing the original Japanese version (where one gets the Enterprise accessory after Black Element), you would have had the Cat Nip at Concherer (whether you used it or not).

rubah
06-08-2005, 06:36 AM
Heh, Trema is made easy when you bribe Paragon. <3 dark matter

I've never fought emerald or ruby, or omega or shinryu, or ozma.

Omega Weapon took a while, even with invincibility, but I expect to not have to use those in my second game.

Nemesis just took a while

Ultima Shadow
06-08-2005, 08:42 AM
Trema was a pushover compared to Paragon and Chak. I defeated Trema on my first try, without any cheap methods and without even getting close to lose tha battle. He was nothing but a pushover that just took some time to take down. Paragon and Chak were a lot tougher. But they were all still far too easy. :-/

Mittopotahis
06-08-2005, 12:19 PM
Anyway...i think the hardest boss for me was probably ultima weapon from ff viii

I found Ultima Weapon really easy... have Squall on high speed, Auto-Haste, meltdown Ultima Weapon, Aura Squall, 3 Renzokuken's got him down...1 Lionheart also works...In VIII, the hardest boss i think (minding you I havent played the entire game) was Jumbo Cactuar...I couldn't beat him for a long time, until I got Lionheart and realised how effective Meltdown is :)

Remidi final form from FFTA is the hardest because she can inflict 300 or more damage to you and it's hard to raise your HP in that game :mad: so the only way to win is:

When I versed Remedi, my levels were, what I believe, lower than average...I fouind her really simple...even after Killing Famfrit and Addremalech....maybe I am too good for all of you! Llednar was so much harder in my opinion, especially when he was invincible....but ESPECIALLY when he wasn't invincible...and that time you had to wait for the Judgemmaster...I dont like versing Llednar...

Alexander
06-08-2005, 03:43 PM

She can't kill all of your characters simultaneously. If you have Full-Life, or even Raise, she is a piece of cake. I beat her in Lv20~30. And her fake totemas are pretty easy to kill, as well.

And Ultima attacks are pretty cheap in his game.

Llednar is the only real hard boss in this game.

Delta
06-09-2005, 03:11 PM
The Seargent in FF2, call me paphetic if ya want but hey I deserve it I didn't prepare for him and almost died on him all the others were easy

Yamaguchi Oyabun
06-13-2005, 11:32 AM
Hardest = Omega (FFV)

Other hard super bosses are:
Ozma (FFIX)
Red Weapon (FFVII)
Shinryu (FFV)
Penance (FFX)
Trema and Chac (FFX2)

Emerald (FFVII), Paragon (FFX2) and Omega (FFVIII) were surprisingly easy.

Hikaro Takayama
06-13-2005, 05:37 PM
Ruby weapon, until I found the entirely ultra-cheap method (well, this one takes a lot of time, but it is still very cheap once you get the materia for it) of killing all party members but for Cloud (or Yuffie), giving him whatever weapons and armor allows for the most materia (because you're going to want as many master materia as you can get at the end of this battle with the massive AP available). Then you make sure the following mandatory materia and combinations are equipped: W/Summon, MPturbo-Master summon, HP absorb-Knights of the Round, and a mastered command-counter-mime. That way, you just w/summon Knights of the Round, and with the combinations I just listed, you'll gain 9999 HP and each knight's attack in the summon should do well over 8000 points of damage. Then when Ruby weapon counters, you're chosen charachter will counter by miming you're last action, at which point I suggest making a sandwich or going on a short walk, because after about 15 minutes Ruby weapon will be quite dead, and your chosen charachter will still be at full health.

As for Ozma, all you have to do is find all the friendly monsters and give them what they want, after that Ozma's fairly easy since you'll then be able to attack it physically.

Cruise Control
06-13-2005, 06:20 PM
The third sephiroth j/k
It would have to be the Paragon/Trema combo

Captain Maxx Power
06-14-2005, 12:15 PM
Any bosses whilst being blind-folded and operating the controller with your feet while a friend instructs you what do to (twenty minutes to defeat a single pack of monsters for crying out loud).

Neo Bahamut
06-15-2005, 05:15 PM
No, Curse, then Meteor.

The Seargent in FF2, call me paphetic if ya want but hey I deserve it I didn't prepare for him and almost died on him all the others were easy
No, the Emperor is the hard one in ff2. (unless, of course, you were cheap, and used the blood sword)

I don't remember exactly what the trick is, but the spell can be cast without luck.

KoShiatar
06-15-2005, 09:33 PM
So far for me it was the Demon Wall in FF IV. But I haven't tried Emerald or Ruby weapon yet, nor have I played FF IX or X.

Delta
06-16-2005, 05:52 PM
No, Curse, then Meteor.

No, the Emperor is the hard one in ff2. (unless, of course, you were cheap, and used the blood sword)

I don't remember exactly what the trick is, but the spell can be cast without luck.

No I'm talking about the FIRST BOSS in 2 lol, I sucked at the beggining anyway second hardes boss was....Sephorith(Human form)lol

Hroth
06-16-2005, 06:23 PM
No, really, I forgot to about Paragon. He is incredibly tough. Nevermind what I said before, he gets my top spot.

Ultima Shadow
06-16-2005, 06:55 PM
No, Curse, then Meteor.

Wrong! Curse and then Meteor doesn't mean instant-kill.

Curse + Meteor= Curse does some dammage and causes status effects. Then Meteor finish you off but you'll get revived again because of Auto-Life.

Meteor + Curse= Meteor finishes off your whole party, you get revived because of Auto-Life but then, before you get a turn, Ozma uses curse which finishes you off a second time since all your characters only have 1 HP left after getting revived by Auto-Life. :greenie: