PDA

View Full Version : FOR GOD'S SAKE PLZ HELP ME! (FF4)

Renzokuken_RedDragon
06-05-2005, 09:32 PM
Ok, here's the deal. I'm playing the PSX version. I went from Mystidia to Baron via Devil Road or whatever it's called. I got to Baron and thought, "Hey, I'll leave the town and save." I went out onto the world map and saved (my only save file). when I tried to walk back into Baron there were guards telling me to leave. I CAN'T GET BACK IN!!! *cries*

I figure I can get back in if I get to Mystidia (or whatever its called) and go back along the road, or if I somehow get past the guards. Please help me if you can! :cry:

KoShiatar
06-05-2005, 10:17 PM
Do you mean Baron castle or town?
If it's Baron castle, you're not supposed to get in through the gate but via the old waterway that's in Baron town. You don't have the key for now (it's the locked door in the upper left part of the town), so just go up to Yang in the Inn and fight with him to get it.
If it's Baron town..well, then it's really odd.

Renzokuken_RedDragon
06-05-2005, 10:21 PM
It's the town. w00t. Am I screwed? Coz I think I can get back the way I mentioned above...
How do I get to Mystidia from outside Baron Town?

Ah, found a map on Google. Turns out its

A) Called Mysidia and
B) IT's ACROSS THE SEA!!! *cries even more*

OK now I'm really doomed. Help anyone?

Edit by Kishi: Don't double-post.

TheAbominatrix
06-05-2005, 10:50 PM
There shouldnt be any guards barring entrance in the city. Are you sure you're entering the city and not the castle?

edit: Oh, and it would be really helpful if you could tell us what part of the game you're at, plot-wise. What was the last plot-thing that happened? Who is on your team?

Jowy
06-06-2005, 12:34 AM
I'm assuming you just became a Paladin.

Anyway, from Mysidia, you take the Devil's Road to Baron Town, being the four squares surrounding the castle. Go to one of those, and then when inside the town, go to the Inn to proceed with the story.

Renzokuken_RedDragon
06-06-2005, 11:22 AM
OK I found the problem, I never realised that the four squares and the castle were different from the castle, I just assumed that they were part of it. You're right, I can get back in now. Thanks very much! :D

KoShiatar
06-06-2005, 09:17 PM
OK I found the problem, I never realised that the four squares and the castle were different from the castle, I just assumed that they were part of it. You're right, I can get back in now. Thanks very much! :D

I thought so. ^__^ Good luck with the rest of your game!

Renzokuken_RedDragon
06-07-2005, 10:17 PM
OK, new problem... Kainzarro. On the PSX version he is called Cagnarro. That's not the prob. though, my prob is he must be much harder than the SNES version because in the Eyes On FF guides there is no mention of the fact that he casts Wave, which does about 250 damage to everyone. Any tactics to defend with?

My party is at:

Palom Lv. 17 247 HP
Cecil Lv. 16 907 HP
Porom Lv. 16 229 HP
Yang Lv. 18 740 HP
Tellah Lv. 22 391 HP

Do I need to train more, if so what levels-ish to? Cheers :)

Jowy
06-07-2005, 10:45 PM
Cagnazzo's probably the easiest boss in the game, if you know what you're doing. Give Yang two Thunder Claws, equip Cecil with the Legend Sword, because it has more attack power than the Ancient Sword, have Porom heal, and have Palom and Tellah use Bolt 2 and Bolt 3 respectively. To remedy his Tsunami attack, simply attack him with a Bolt spell while his wave barrier is up.

crashNUMBERS
06-07-2005, 11:03 PM
Here first breath, Relax, Take a little rest then follow what everyone said.

Tone that temper too...

KoShiatar
06-08-2005, 09:20 PM
Yeah, Remember that being he a water creature he is weak to lightning. Every time you can cast Lit3 on him, he won't be able to unleash his wave if you're fast enough.

Renzokuken_RedDragon
06-08-2005, 11:14 PM
Yeh OK cheers, I knew Lit3 / Bolt3 would kill him I just wanted to survive to cast it. bolt3 did 2530 per hit. BOOM! :D

Tone that temper too...

Come on, Final Fantasy is one of the few things I get excited about. Let me have my rage!

Dignified Pauper
06-09-2005, 12:24 PM

You should never play FFIV Again...

KoShiatar
06-09-2005, 06:05 PM
Yeh OK cheers, I knew Lit3 / Bolt3 would kill him I just wanted to survive to cast it. bolt3 did 2530 per hit. BOOM! :D

Try having your healer cast your best healing spells even if you haven't had any damage yet. So if by the time they cast the spell he attacks, you will be immediately healed.
If that doesn't work either...well, just level up a bit ;) FF IV is not one of those games in which you can just do anything at any level. It requires a bit of strategy and having a party strong enough. I went to kill Zeromus at level 65 and it just never worked; I went back, levelled up until 78/80 and tried again and it was a piece of cake.

seein2stars
06-09-2005, 07:47 PM

You should never play FFIV Again...

well thats not very nice, everyones a newby once

Renzokuken_RedDragon
06-13-2005, 12:09 AM
Yeah, I'm not a total noob. I fully completed FF7, FF8, FF9, FF10, FFX-2 before doing this, its just the first time I've had to play in 2D. Leave me alone.

KoShiatar
06-13-2005, 09:53 PM
It's funny because it makes me think how I played FF VII the first time and got lost in the reactor because I only was used to 2-d environments. Sweet. ^__^

crashNUMBERS
06-17-2005, 11:49 PM

Tone that temper too...

Come on, Final Fantasy is one of the few things I get excited about. Let me have my rage!
Meh. Fine. Come on down!!