PDA

View Full Version : Audioslave - Out of Exile

Strider
06-05-2005, 10:38 PM
Lost in the well-deserved hype of System of a Down's Mesmerize CD was the recent release of Audioslave's second album, aptly named Out of Exile.

I'll keep it simple. If you haven't gotten this CD yet, what are you waiting for? If you have it already, what dost thou thinketh?

Breine
06-06-2005, 05:58 PM
I'm looking forward to listening to this album. I've put it on my wishlist for my birthday, which is pretty soon, so I hope I'll get my hands on it then. "Be Yourself" is a great single.

Lindy
06-06-2005, 08:51 PM
It's fan-freaking-tastic, to put it lightly.

MUCH better than the first album, not perfect or the best album I've ever heard, but it's a great album as a whole and certainly has a couple of stand-out tracks in Drown Me Slowly and Out of Exile, for example.

The Man
06-16-2005, 01:18 AM
I'm honestly not that impressed with the single. For a coalition of bands as great as Rage and Soundgarden were, it's surprisingly monotonous, more so even than I thought the first album was. Is the rest of the album better?

fire_of_avalon
06-16-2005, 06:48 AM
Well, Cochise was a horrible first single too, but look what they followed up with. I like the first album, so I'm looking forward to finally getting my hands on this one.

The Man
06-16-2005, 05:34 PM
I liked "Cochise" a lot better than "Be Yourself" or whatever it's called, actually.

Eh. I'll give it a download when my Internet at home starts working again. (oh waits no piracy is bad)

Ravenmorghane
06-16-2005, 11:55 PM
thers new audioslave stuff? why was i not informed personally?
cochise was a great song, the debut album was good their only problem was they was that the songs slowed down and dragged on towards the end of it .. i used to turn it off after 'set it off' cus i got bored lol
still love the band cant wait to hear the new songs

Az Lionheart
06-17-2005, 03:53 PM
i loved their first album but i have not heard anything of their fist, what type of music is it. or is it about the same as their first?

Ste
06-18-2005, 11:21 PM
i liked it, pretty good albumn. some good songs, probably overall better than their first albumn.

Trumpet Thief
06-20-2005, 02:27 PM
chaos: Rage Against the Machine? I loved that band, as I do love the newly-formed Audioslave. Especially that one single "Be yourself".

Rubedo: Although, we were also cheering on System of a Down when their new album came out. :)