PDA

View Full Version : Counter Attack

FiragaBreak
06-06-2005, 07:05 PM
I noticed on FFVII at the last fight against Sehpiroth, when you don't do the limit break he'll attack and then you'll counterattack even if the counterattack is equipped to you. What's up with that?

I Don't Need A Name
06-06-2005, 09:06 PM
you should counterattack when its equipped. i believe you have made a typo

Ten Tailed Cat
06-06-2005, 09:17 PM
It's just so that you don't sit there not attacking and let Sephiroth win, i've done it before. I know what you're talking about. it's the final battle, you can't lose it.

KoShiatar
06-06-2005, 09:37 PM
Well, that's like they told you. You cannot lose this battle even if you try to. You have to win.

Masamune·1600
06-07-2005, 02:43 AM
The mechanics of that particular fight dictate that Cloud automatically win. If one hesitates or Row Changes or Defends, Sephiroth will have the opportunity to attack. His attack will deal critical damage (reducing HP to yellow levels), but will never actually reduce it to 0. Cloud will immediately counter (regardless of what materia he had; in fact, based on the facts that Magic, Summon, etc. commands have been removed, and artificial statistical augmentation via HP Plus, etc. has disappeared, it should be assumed that all materia have been removed), and this counter will defeat Sephiroth, regardless of how much or how little damage it inflicts. This win is, of course, automatic, since this final duel is not a physical battle. Rather, it shows Cloud finally and fully casting off the malignant force of Sephiroth's will.

MAS82587
06-07-2005, 03:57 AM
The mechanics of that particular fight dictate that Cloud automatically win. If one hesitates or Row Changes or Defends, Sephiroth will have the opportunity to attack. His attack will deal critical damage (reducing HP to yellow levels), but will never actually reduce it to 0. Cloud will immediately counter (regardless of what materia he had; in fact, based on the facts that Magic, Summon, etc. commands have been removed, and artificial statistical augmentation via HP Plus, etc. has disappeared, it should be assumed that all materia have been removed), and this counter will defeat Sephiroth, regardless of how much or how little damage it inflicts. This win is, of course, automatic, since this final duel is not a physical battle. Rather, it shows Cloud finally and fully casting off the malignant force of Sephiroth's will.

couldnt have said it any better. the battle is just sort of like a playable cut scene.

DMKA
06-07-2005, 05:58 AM
Yeah I've tried everything to lose that battle. It's impossible.

I mean, I got there once at level 44 with the Ragnarok equipped and Climhazzard as my highest limit break, and then on that fight I had Ultima Weapon and Omnislash with 7000+ HP...that's just how it is.

But I mean, you can look at the battle and tell it was made specifically to be that way, because Cloud and the Ultima Weapon are insanely detailed in that fight compared to the rest of the game, and it does that little face swap thing between him and Sephiroth during the Omnislash sequence before the final slash.

So yeah...that's just how it is.

Ultima Shadow
06-07-2005, 11:59 AM
I actually never noticed that you always have the Ultima Weapon in that battle. Awesome! :greenie:

Captain Maxx Power
06-07-2005, 12:07 PM
I actually never noticed that you always have the Ultima Weapon in that battle. Awesome! :greenie:

The cloud model is also super detailed (for the time anyway).

-N-
06-07-2005, 08:45 PM
I'm pretty sure you don't always have the Ultima Weapon. I've carried the Buster Sword into the final fight with Safer just to see it in the cutscene fight at the end.

KoShiatar
06-07-2005, 09:31 PM
Do you think it's possible to go into that battle with the Nail Bat? :P

Mo-Nercy
06-07-2005, 11:18 PM
Yeah, but who doesn't want to kill him with Omnislash anyway? exdee

eestlinc
06-08-2005, 04:43 AM
Can you not use Omnislah with the Nail Bat equipped?

FiragaBreak
06-08-2005, 06:46 PM
Yes, it looks pretty funny looking at Cloud beating the living crap out of Sephiroth with a bat.