PDA

View Full Version : Saddest movie moments

SomethingBig
06-07-2005, 02:59 AM
Casshern - This is, without a doubt, the king of all sad movies. Watch it up to the end and... oh my God. The first time I saw it, I was just about to cry. The first tear made it to the edge of my eyelid, but I forced it back in. The only thing that kept me from bawling on the spot was the fear of losing face to my brothers. Not a single movie has ever made me cry in my entire life, until this masterpiece came along.

Kamen Rider 555: Paradise Lost(For those that actually know what this is) - The part where that huge Orphenoch kills Kaido and Kaido reaches out to Yuka.

Unleashed - The scene where Jet Li's mother is killed.

krissy
06-07-2005, 03:07 AM
ID4 - when the guy flies the plane into the spaceship

ROTJ - the last 10 mins or so

fire_of_avalon
06-07-2005, 03:14 AM
Unleashed - The scene where Jet Li's mother is killed.

Aahhhhhhspoilers!

~*~Celes~*~
06-07-2005, 03:27 AM
The Notebook- Well, I'd have to say the entire movie is a tear jerker, but the part that really got me was at the end when they die together...I bawled and woke up the next morning with sore eyes from the crying.

I would have added more but I can't remember any! LOL

~*~Celes~*~

SomethingBig
06-07-2005, 03:34 AM
Aahhhhhhspoilers!
*Slaps foa* Snap outta it! They tell you in the beginning! *Slaps one more time for fun*

~*~Celes~*~
06-07-2005, 03:49 AM
Heh....Slapping....

Anyone care to share how to properly do the signature? Obviously, I screwed up ^^;

Don't double post, please. :) --foa

EDIT: Oh, and try *text*

fire_of_avalon
06-07-2005, 03:56 AM
*Slaps foa* Snap outta it! They tell you in the beginning! *Slaps one more time for fun*

So! Still a spoiler!

And don't slap me, I'll eat you.

Mittopotahis
06-07-2005, 04:20 AM
The whole of Mississipi Burning...we had to watch it for Modern History since we were studying Racial Relations in the US...with the negros and stuff...No offence or anything but some of the things Americans put the negros through are horrific...then again, I can't talk because we (not me personally, Australia as a whole) have put the aboriginies through alot in the past...

Anyway, the movie was really sad...and disturbing...

Strider
06-07-2005, 07:31 AM
Anyone see A Walk to Remember? The one scene where Shane West goes to his dad's house, desperate to seek help for Mandy Moore. Man, that was sad.

CloudDragon
06-07-2005, 07:38 AM
Sin City: When Hartigan, aka Bruce Willis, kills himself near the end.

Miriel
06-07-2005, 08:25 AM
Million Dollar Baby - "It means, <i>my darling, my blood</i>."

Return of the King - the entire Grey Havens scene.

Elephant Man - the ending

Grave of the Fireflies - the whole freakin' movie.

Edward Scissorhand - "Hold me" " I can't."

Requiem for a Dream - Harry and Marion's last phone conversation.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - The "I wish I'd stayed" conversation at the very end of the movie when everything is crumbling around Joel and Clementine.

I could go on and on.

TheAbominatrix
06-07-2005, 08:33 AM
The entire beginning of Saving Private Ryan turns me into a sobbing mess. I cant even watch it.

The end of The Outsiders, with all the death... and the end of SLC Punk where Bob dies and Stevo cries over his body. Ned's death in The Life Aquatic and Royal's death in The Royal Tenebaums. O-ren's backstory in Kill Bill, Jim finding his parents in 28 Days Later, Maude's suicide in Harold and Maude.

That's all I can think of, offhand

Loony BoB
06-07-2005, 10:12 AM
Aahhhhhhspoilers!
You're a freaking CK! Edit his post! >=o

Uhm. Elmer Fudd & Bugs Bunny after Elmer thought he'd killed the wabbit.

EDIT: But seriously, probably something like the end of Mad City or one of the scenes from I Am Sam.

wakka
06-07-2005, 11:14 AM
Any war movie is sad. :cry:

Jewels
06-07-2005, 11:58 AM
- Armageddon had it's really sad moments, and I remember crying at some scenes.
- Titanic, when Rose tries to wake up Jack but he had already died.
- Romeo and Juliet and the whole ending of that movie.

Rye
06-07-2005, 11:59 AM
The Notebook- Well, I'd have to say the entire movie is a tear jerker, but the part that really got me was at the end when they die together...I bawled and woke up the next morning with sore eyes from the crying.

~*~Celes~*~

Same here, but it was sweet too, because she remembered her husband.

muchacho
06-07-2005, 01:48 PM
in hook, wehn rufio dies. - i think that part brings a tear to my eye everytime.

Chris
06-07-2005, 01:55 PM
in hook, wehn rufio dies. - i think that part brings a tear to my eye everytime.
Hahahahahaha! That's great! I love that movie. :love:

Destai
06-07-2005, 02:08 PM
"No Luke, I am...Your Cousin."

Armisael
06-07-2005, 02:34 PM

~_~

Spiffing Cheese
06-07-2005, 04:07 PM

Did people really take that film (Titanic) seriously? :lol:

The Lion King. :cry: That film scarred me for life.

fire_of_avalon
06-07-2005, 05:10 PM
shup BoB.

Let's see, the whole ending in Forrest Gump when Forrest is talking to Jenny at her grave, the almost end of The Green Mile when they're executing John Coffey and everylast one of them is basically sobbing, The Lion King, for obvious reasons, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind in Joel's memory of Clementine talking about her doll, and when that memory starts to disappear how he keeps crawling across the bed saying "Just let me keep this one" omg I criiiiiiiied, and for the nerd in me, one of the final scenes in Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust When Leila watches the rocket falter on it's ascent, and then prays for Meir and Charlotte to make it.

Yep. I'm a sap.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
06-07-2005, 06:11 PM
the star wars triology..............

Social Moon Firesky
06-07-2005, 06:32 PM
I cried my heart out over 'Schindler's List'. Everyone in my History group did. And the end of Casper (With his mother) was really sad for me. And (I feel like such a loser) I cried when I saw Pokemon and Ash died (Or something) and all the pokemon cried.

XxSephirothxX
06-07-2005, 09:43 PM
I know these aren't technically movies, but they're the most moving scenes I've ever encountered.

The end of Cowboy Bebop, where Spike dies after killing Vicious. The atmosphere of silene as he stumbles down the stairs, looks at the stunned group of hired guns, lifts his hand and says "...Bang." before collapsing, and then the song Blue playing...it's perfect.
Also, an episode of RahXephon where the main character unknowingly murders his lifelong friend while fighting to protect her. It's very complicated, but extremely tragic. You can see it coming, which makes it all the more affecting.

SomethingBig
06-07-2005, 10:01 PM
You have just made me cry. :cry: I first saw that movie when I was, like 8. Rufio had just become awesome and even befriended Peter. Man, I he was owning Hook, until suddenly, "Looky, looky! I got a Hooky! HURCK!" and he fell into Peter's arms. Then Rufio said something along the lines of, "You were like a father to me," and I wanted to cry right then and there. Now whenever I see that movie, trillions of chills get sent down my spine within every microsecond when Rufio proclaims, "Looky, looky! I got a Hooky!".

Okay, Boy Meets World - When Topanga leaves and Corey says something like, "Hey, Shawn, y'know that pain everyone's been talking about? Well, I'm feelin' it." Don't ask why, but I want to cry each time I see it.

Battle Royale - When Nobu gets killed. His screams of terror will forever ring in my ears. And then when he last faced Shuya. Darn you, foa, for making me use spoiler tags! I'll never forget this. :mad2:

Rocky IV - When Apollo was killed. Still brings a tear to my eye. :cry:

Saving Private Ryan - Well, you know how they got a prisoner and released him? Well, the part where he returns, knocks one of the guys down and stabs him slowly was extremely tormenting. The look of terror in the victim's eyes were so sad.

TheAbominatrix
06-07-2005, 11:14 PM
shup BoB.

Let's see, the whole ending in Forrest Gump when Forrest is talking to Jenny at her grave, the almost end of The Green Mile when they're executing John Coffey and everylast one of them is basically sobbing, The Lion King, for obvious reasons, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind in Joel's memory of Clementine talking about her doll, and when that memory starts to disappear how he keeps crawling across the bed saying "Just let me keep this one" omg I criiiiiiiied, and for the nerd in me, one of the final scenes in Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust When Leila watches the rocket falter on it's ascent, and then prays for Meir and Charlotte to make it.

Yep. I'm a sap.

Forrest Gump KILLS me. When Bubba dies in Vietnam, I freak out and cry. Everytime, and there was even a point where I was watching it daily.

GooeyToast
06-07-2005, 11:21 PM
I love sad movie moments, although it really takes a piece of you. You just get that feeling that nothing will ever be the same after watching one, and I really like to see ways they try to make you care.

My top picks would have to be:

Pretty much any sad seen in a Holocaust movie (like Pianist or Schlndler's List)

Shawshank Redemption: When Brooks freed Jake & was released from prison where he hung himself of misery.

Green Mile: For reasons stated up above & cause Tom Hanks ends up having to watch all his loved ones die at the end.

Forrest Gump: *See top posts*

Titantic: The sinking & death of Jack

Cast Away: When he loses Wilson out on the raft. Sure it was just only volleyball, but it felt like so much more.

LOTR ROTK: At the end when everybody breaks up & goes on with their lives. Really kind of a mix of happiness and sadness.

Pay it Forward: When Trevor is stabbed trying to help out the kid getting bullied, and ends up dying. Great sad moment.

Lost in Translation: For some reason i found the part when they had to say goodbye to each other to be really sad cause they were such good friends & they'd probably never see each other again.

Family Man: When Jack begs his "wife" not to get on the plane to Paris because he knows of the life they can have together if they become a couple again.

A.I.: At the end when all David wants is to see his "mommy" one more time, knowing that once she goes to sleep, she'll be gone forever. :cry:

Bicentinneal Man: When he becomes a human & he ends up dying with the love of his life after being a robot.

Lion King: I'm pretty sure everyone here knows why. :)

Terminator 2: Of course, when the Terminator decides to destroy himself, much to the grief of John.

What's Eating Gilbert Grape?: For some reason, this movie was really kind of depressing to me. Nothing really inparticular.

Truman Show: I just felt it was sad when Truman thought his father was killed & it turned out it was all fake.

Edward Scissorhands: When Edward deperatly wants to be with Kim, but he knows he can't because of who he is & when she leaves him in the mansion all by himself & never sees him again. Such a wonderful movie.

Donnie Darko: Of course when Donnie tragically died for the good of the world & everyone around him, nobody cared. It was a tragedy ignored by moviegoers everywhere & easily one of the more moving moments of 2001. Also, who can forget Gary Jule's sad rendition of Tears For Fears' "Mad World"?

TheAbominatrix
06-07-2005, 11:40 PM
That scene in Castaway... I sobbed for so long. I couldnt even explain to people <i>why</i> I was sad without crying more. It really really shook me.

As for Donnie Darko, I was sadder when Gretchen died, and then with the scene after Donnie's death when she asks the kid about him.

Monol
06-07-2005, 11:45 PM
I too almost cried during pokemon the first movie...such a great film...pikachu so gets actor of the year...Simon Burch is sad...i mean the ending....Also Armagedon when max dies...that one really got to me and for some reason Jurassic park 2 when eddy gets killed by the T-rexes when trying to save his friends that had to be the most shocking death ever for me...it was so sad i refused to believe it happend and that he lived some how...*sigh* oh and of course the saddest movie ever made has to go to Flubber...i...webbo...ugh.......... :cry: saddest demise of all time...

Jewels
06-08-2005, 12:45 AM

Did people really take that film seriously? :lol:

The Lion King. :cry: That film scarred me for life.

I don't know if anyone took...whatever film seriously, but they are just sad.

And yes, I think I did remember crying when I saw The Lion King. Oh, and I cried in My Girl when Vada's best friend died.

Shlup
06-08-2005, 12:59 AM
WILSON! *sobs just thinking about it*

I still can't watch Bambi without crying. No joke. :p

kikimm
06-08-2005, 01:25 AM
Ah, speaking of Bambi, The Fox and the Hound. I watched that when I was really little, and I've never been able to watch it since, just remembering how sad it was. The Hunchback of Notre Dame is really sad, too, at points.

LOtR is full of sad moments. In FotR, when Boromir dies; I can't ever watch that without crying. In TTT, after Theoden's son has died, when he's outside with the mound, and he mentions parents burying their children, and cries...yeah. And then RotK, like Not At All Reno said, the last 10 minutes.

Star Wars Episode lll had it's moments as well. Particularly near the end. :)

Yeah.

:D

SomethingBig
06-08-2005, 01:44 AM
There was this American movie about German soldiers during WWI or WWII. Unfortunately, I forget what it was called. Anyway, there was this one scene where the main character and his squad leader, the last two survivors of the troop, are hanging out in a park after taking leave due to injuries. These two have become extremely close and they're talking about hanging out after the war. Suddenly, a bomber comes and raids the area. The leader is hurt, so the main character carries him back. More bombers come and a bomb is dropped close to them. The main character has a good laugh and walks the leader back to the camp. Only problem is the leader is dead. He was hit by a piece of shrapnel.

Same movie, but a little later in the end. The main character is back on the fields. He's behind the barricade(his trench) when he sees a butterfly through a small opening. He reaches out for it, when you see a sniper rifle shoot. A hand reaching out to a butterfly suddenly drops to the ground and becomes motionless.

Crazy the Clown
06-08-2005, 01:48 AM
Transformers-the Movie-When Optimus Prime died, due to the extensive battle damage he suffered by the ruthless attack of Megatron.

SomethingBig
06-08-2005, 01:49 AM
I hated Hotrod for that.

Dante WolfWood
06-08-2005, 01:53 AM
hmm ,I can only think of one movie right that no one else has mentioned.

RoseWood: The rosewood massacre....if ya havent seen it, ya need too.....NOW.

no I'm serious, get away from your computer and go get it!

Optium
06-08-2005, 02:00 AM
I had seen Casshern on Box Torrents and people said it was good. Then
when I saw this post I downloaded it. Just finished watching it. Awesome
movie. Confusing at times because all the characters look alike (sorry to
anyone who's Asian but it's true :p ), but toward the end it gets to be
so rediculously intense. Oh my god. I need to watch it again.

.opt

Crazy the Clown
06-08-2005, 02:02 AM
Another sad part in a movie was in Big Money Hu$tla$, when both Rerun and Phat Tittie Kittie got shot by Hack Benjamin. It was a waste.

ThroneofDravaris
06-08-2005, 02:39 PM
In Advent Children, when Cloud kills himself in order to prevent his memories of Sephiroth from resurrecting him.

Chris
06-08-2005, 02:44 PM
In Advent Children, when Cloud kills himself in order to prevent his memories of Sephiroth from resurrecting him.
I hate you for posting that. :mad2:

Armisael
06-08-2005, 03:01 PM
Where did you find out this?

Destai
06-08-2005, 03:48 PM
I hate you for posting that. :mad2:Yes so do I.

Jebus
06-08-2005, 03:59 PM
There was this American movie about German soldiers during WWI or WWII. Unfortunately, I forget what it was called. Anyway, there was this one scene where the main character and his squad leader, the last two survivors of the troop, are hanging out in a park after taking leave due to injuries. These two have become extremely close and they're talking about hanging out after the war. Suddenly, a bomber comes and raids the area. The leader is hurt, so the main character carries him back. More bombers come and a bomb is dropped close to them. The main character has a good laugh and walks the leader back to the camp. Only problem is the leader is dead. He was hit by a piece of shrapnel.

Same movie, but a little later in the end. The main character is back on the fields. He's behind the barricade(his trench) when he sees a butterfly through a small opening. He reaches out for it, when you see a sniper rifle shoot. A hand reaching out to a butterfly suddenly drops to the ground and becomes motionless.

All Quiet on the Western Front. And yeah, that was sad.

fire_of_avalon
06-08-2005, 06:13 PM
I hate you for posting that. :mad2:Yes so do I.
I don't buy it xD

But oh yeah, My Girl? That one kills me too.

WarZidane
06-08-2005, 06:25 PM
in Star Wars ep 3, After the Anakin vs. Obi-Wan fight, the things Obi-Wan says, that part was pretty sad to me :p
But i'm not into sad movies, so it's probably nowhere near as sad as the other things in this thread :tongue:

I Don't Need A Name
06-08-2005, 06:29 PM
i agree with WarZidane when Obi-Wan says to Anakan "You were the chosen one! You were my brother!" i found that rather emotional! also the end of lord of the rings is very emotional

Medi
06-30-2005, 03:54 AM
The whole 2nd half of Star Wars III is sad. Another is from a movie in which I am the only person who likes and it's in Alien 3 when Hicks and Newt are cremated and the end when Ripley kills herself to save the earth from the alien threat.

Shlup
06-30-2005, 04:02 AM
Star Wars Episode III :weep:

kikimm
06-30-2005, 04:08 AM
Omg. I can't believe no one's mentioned Dances With Wolves yet. About the last half or so, as soon as John's wolf dies, until the end, I'm in tears. Even when Smiles A Lot gave him back his juornal, that made me cry, and when Wind in His Hair was yelling at the end on the cliff. Oh God. Horrible. But excellent.

:D

My name is...something..?
06-30-2005, 04:30 AM
Homeward Bound. :(

Alive-Cat
07-03-2005, 09:00 PM
I think the end to ff8 is pretty cry-worthy. Although I think that's the happy sort of crying.

JaytodaP
07-03-2005, 11:29 PM
If I did Ever cry during a movie......

Radio- When his mother dies from a heart attack

Armegeddon- Harry gets left behind

Titanic- I wasted a good 15 dollars on it

John Q : A whole bunch of parts. Mainly when hes gonna shoot himself to save the kid.

Rini
07-04-2005, 12:41 AM
The Lion King. Well duh.

Two Brothers. You know, the one with two tiger cubs growing happily together until their mother (or father) is killed and they get separated. The whole movie was a crying marathon for me because I love cats, furthermore because tigers are endangered animals, and it kills me to know about people who hunt them down for ANY reason (yes, even if they are Indian people whose lives are dangered by living close to them and tigers kill their cattle etc etc. Why don't just build up a fence around the village?).

Bambi. The whole movie is a cry-through. Either happy, cute or sad things get me sobbing.

Oliver & Company: in the beginning when Oliver gets left alone in the cardboard box, all the other kittens are taken away and nobody wants to take him :/ (I would've!)

One scene in The Return of the King got me sobbing a little. It was when all was over and they were all in Minas Tirith in the coronation of the New King (yay yay).
The four hobbits were about to bow down to the king and his wife, but he said "My friends, you bow to no one" and bowed to them instead. It was a kind of "aww" moment.

Forrest Gump, of course. Bubba, Forrests mother, Jenny... :(

Star Wars EP III.
- It's all over now ;_; never again a new star wars ;_;
- Some of the talking scenes between Anakin and Obi-Wan would've probably made me cry if they had not over-acted :/
- The ending in Tatooine with the two suns and the music...
- When the Emperor commands the clone army to kill all the jedi
- Mace Windu :(
- Anakin at the jedi temple & the kids....

hm.. nothing else comes to mind at the moment.~

Aeris lives
07-04-2005, 03:41 PM
The lion king -when simba daddy dies :(

Titanic - when jack dies :(

LOTR return of the king - at the end, when everone splits up :(

Silmaril
07-04-2005, 05:47 PM
1.Death scene in Titanic
2.Death scene in Moulin Rouge
3.Death scene in the Last Samurai

Now, who doesn't like a good cry?

JaytodaP
07-04-2005, 09:53 PM
I just watched Saving Private Ryan. (my new fav movie)

-The after math of D-day

-When the Guy that can speak german is hiding behind the cow and the squads best friend dies(dont know his name)

-The Mexican Soldier getting stabbed in the sternum

-The sniper gets blown up by a tank.

-At the very end when Tom Hanks' character dies from the bullet wound and Private Ryan salutes his gravestone

That was the best movie Ive ever seen

Tanwen Strife
07-04-2005, 10:29 PM
Romeo and Juliet is one of the only films I've cried at. I also watched four weddings and a funeral the other night, and the poem at the funeral got me going. I've watched loads of films, an I know I've cried at some but I CANNOT remember them at all.

Ravenmorghane
07-04-2005, 10:30 PM
green mile when the nice inmates get shocked, especially John Coffee it was horrible.. and when the mouse got trod on by that horrible percy man

SomethingBig
07-04-2005, 10:39 PM
I can't stress enough how Casshern is the king of sad movies. The sad scenes at the end serve to put the tears in your eyes, then the song in the end credits serve to finish you off. The ending transitions so well into the song, too.

Kappy
07-04-2005, 10:53 PM
Hmm... only two have made me cry, one came close.
The two that made me cry were The Lion King and Homeward Bound (when Shadow falls beneath the tracks :o :( ) when I was smaller... and I watched The Green Mile a while back, and the ending was very emotional. But I didn't cry. Makes sense. :lol:

Shoeberto
07-04-2005, 11:19 PM
Requiem for a Dream - Harry and Marion's last phone conversation.
This was the first one that came to mind. Not many movies move me, but that just hit me hard.

Spoiler: The end of Cowboy Bebop, where Spike dies after killing Vicious. The atmosphere of silene as he stumbles down the stairs, looks at the stunned group of hired guns, lifts his hand and says "...Bang." before collapsing, and then the song Blue playing...it's perfect.
Oh man, yeah. Both of the two-parters regarding Spike and Vicious were great at the end, but particularly when Spike died, that was big.

Oh, and the end of American History X. They go through everything, and Edward Norton reforms his hateful ways and even gets his little brother to change, but his brother still ends up getting killed because he practiced hate to begin with. It was really sad.

TheAbominatrix
07-04-2005, 11:20 PM
American History X was very very sad at the end. Of course the whole thing was sad at points.

And as for Titanic, I'm not sure if I mentioned it yet... the end made me cry, but not because of Rose and Jack, because of all the deaths of everyone else, particularily the lower class people trapped, and especially because it all happened.

~*~Celes~*~
10-09-2005, 07:01 PM

~*~Celes~*~

Same here, but it was sweet too, because she remembered her husband.
Yes, exactly. I love that movie so much even though that happened...I wanna watch it again ^^

~*~Celes~*~

kikimm
10-09-2005, 07:15 PM
Instead of digging up a dead thread to post in, why not make your own, trendy new one?