PDA

View Full Version : How's my progress? (spoilers)

Magnus2501
06-07-2005, 04:05 AM
I've just finished training outside of Kerwin Town:

Everyone is at Lv.12
Everyone is at least Lv.2 as a Knight, Monk, Thief, White Mage, Black Mage, and Blue Mage.
Bartz is a Lv.3 Knight.
Reina is a Lv.3 White Mage.
Galuf is a Lv.3 Monk.
Faris is a Lv.3 Black Mage.

I have all the White and Black Magic so far and I've learned Aero, Goblin Punch, and Red Feast.

As for equipment I have:
Dirk (x4)
Flail
Ice Rod
Long Sword (x4)
Staff (x4)
Wooden Rod (x4)

Bronze Shield (x4)
Bronze Helmet (x4)
Bronze Armor (x4)
Bronze Plate (x4)
Cotton Robe (x4)
Leather Shield (x4)
Leather Cap (x4)
Leather Armor (x4)
Leather Shoes

So is there anything in particular I should do for the next area as far as party set-up? And did I miss any Blue Magic spells?

boys from the dwarf
06-07-2005, 07:58 AM
youre good getting this far with such low levels and all majiks and stuff.

Captain Maxx Power
06-07-2005, 12:05 PM
Stay the course Magnus, you're doing super!

And don't worry about Blue Magic, you can get all the BM spells come the third world. Of course it'll be quite late in the game, but I never collect Blue Magic myself, and I get on just fine without it.

Magnus2501
06-07-2005, 07:28 PM
Okay, thanks Maxx. I just wasn't sure since every guide I checked seemed to be missing something.

For instance, the Walkthrough on this site said there were 2 Leather Shoes to be found in the first town, but I only found the set in the Beginner's House.

And is my level really low? All the enemies seemed to die easy, especially when I switched to the Knight and Monk classes.

ShunNakamura
06-07-2005, 08:55 PM
hmm.. I think you are more about average. Plus keep in mind that monks and knights are strong in the begining(and you are still early enough that you are in the begining). That and the game isn't really tough anyways.

Kerwin is the water town.. right? the enemies should be cake then.

As for blue magic. It can be very useful.. particually if you learn aqua rake early on from the chimera. However Blue magic takes a bit of mp and isn't always worth it, even though you can get some GOOD ones early on. Blow fish in the first world is nice, so are some of the others. They can be worth it.. but best if you have it on another mage char so you have higher magic power, I many times have my white mage double as a blue mage.

boys from the dwarf
06-14-2005, 06:39 PM
what point in the game are you exactly?

Shin Gouken
06-15-2005, 02:36 PM
hmm.. I think you are more about average. Plus keep in mind that monks and knights are strong in the begining(and you are still early enough that you are in the begining). That and the game isn't really tough anyways.

Kerwin is the water town.. right? the enemies should be cake then.

As for blue magic. It can be very useful.. particually if you learn aqua rake early on from the chimera. However Blue magic takes a bit of mp and isn't always worth it, even though you can get some GOOD ones early on. Blow fish in the first world is nice, so are some of the others. They can be worth it.. but best if you have it on another mage char so you have higher magic power, I many times have my white mage double as a blue mage.

Blue magic is an easy way of defeating almost all the bosses in world 1 and a few early on ones in world 2 aswell. Doomclaw, level 5 doom and blowfish will destroy alot of bosses

Magnus2501
06-20-2005, 07:26 AM

I've gone one quite a bit since I made this topic. And my last few hours have been... fun...

I just reached the first town in Galuf's World an raised a little over 158,000 GP to buy all the equipment in town fighting Subterrans and Verminators.

Right now, I've saved outside the Sealed Castle and quit for the night.

BTW, is there an easy way to take out Shield Dragons? I got wiped out after saving and poking my nose in to see what the area was like. It used an attack along the lines of Zombie Breath and everyone besides Reina was affected. She was muddled at the time, Faris the Monk attacks her, and it's game over.

I'd considered using Phoenix Downs because of it's Reflect and high physical defense (Protes?), but that means more fighting to raise money, so I haven't tried it.

Shin Gouken
06-20-2005, 10:10 AM
If you bought an angel ring from world 1 that would protect you from becoming a zombie. But you dont need to enter that castle for a looooooong time yet. just keep trekking till you find a forest and forget you saw it. there is nothing you can do in there :)

06-20-2005, 10:32 PM

I've gone one quite a bit since I made this topic. And my last few hours have been... fun...

I just reached the first town in Galuf's World an raised a little over 158,000 GP to buy all the equipment in town fighting Subterrans and Verminators.

Right now, I've saved outside the Sealed Castle and quit for the night.

BTW, is there an easy way to take out Shield Dragons? I got wiped out after saving and poking my nose in to see what the area was like. It used an attack along the lines of Zombie Breath and everyone besides Reina was affected. She was muddled at the time, Faris the Monk attacks her, and it's game over.

I'd considered using Phoenix Downs because of it's Reflect and high physical defense (Protes?), but that means more fighting to raise money, so I haven't tried it.

You can have someone control the shield dragons to use it's fire attack on it's own self. It does like 5000 damage.

rubah
06-21-2005, 12:08 AM
Yes, learn control and shield dragons go down in three hits with it, I beleive.

two, if you use dancers and they dance on them.

There's a better place to AP gain, so really you only need these for money and exp.