PDA

View Full Version : Live 8

tomamar04
06-07-2005, 07:27 AM
As you probably already know, to coincide with the G8 summit in Edinburgh in July, Bob Geldof has arranged 5 special concerts to raise awareness of the problems in Africa, to be held in London, Philidelphia, Paris, Berlin and Rome.

Has anyone tried to win tickets yet? And does anyone think it'll be a good idea?

Loony BoB
06-07-2005, 10:28 AM
You're donating £1.50 or something to charity and then you're in with a chance to get free tickets. Nothing bad about that. But I wouldn't because I can't afford to get down there or anything, and I'm not all too big on concerts anyway.

I will, however, suffer through the hundreds of thousands of protesters coming to Edinburgh, where I live.

tomamar04
06-07-2005, 10:34 AM
I might try and get tickets. After all Coldplay, The Cure, Dido, Keane, Robbie Williams etc. are all playing...

Devourment
06-07-2005, 10:51 AM
I'd love to go, but sadly I haven't any money at all at the minute. I've been stuck for money for quite awhile now. But the Cure are playing & they're brill so I feel very sad that I won't be going.

I think it's a good idea & a lot of money will go towards where it needs to go, hopefully. Unlike the Tsunami Charity Fund where a lot of the money went to our Goverment. :rolleyes2