PDA

View Full Version : The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Devourment
06-07-2005, 11:39 AM
Click here for shots of the game (http://www.zeldaguide.com/zeldae32004/)

Oooh, I can't wait 'til December... *Pants*

What are your opinions on it so far - Do you think it'll be a hit or not?

I've searched & I didn't find anything so...

TheAbominatrix
06-07-2005, 11:41 AM
It's very beautiful, and I'm sure it'll do very very well.

I don't think I'll play it, though... well, I'll try, but I'm not very into this style of Zelda, as far as playing it goes. I never got far in Ocarina of Time. Great game, just not for me. So we'll see about this one. I, personally, prefer the Link to the Past/Four Swords/Minish Cap style.

Xander
06-07-2005, 11:45 AM
I think it'll be great and definately beautiful and a lot of people will love it. I'm not sure if I will, like TheAbominatrix I didn't get very far in Ocarina of Time, but I really liked Minish Cap, Four Swords, and Wind Waker. The style of Wind Waker especially. I'm not sure if this game will be a bit too dark for me, from the recent trailers but..I'll probably buy it and give it a go anyway.

Devourment
06-07-2005, 12:08 PM
Yeah, I'm having doubts about it as well. I think I'll still buy it though. I really like the forest scenery on TP, though I prefer cell shading better, it makes the games look so much more smoother. The bad thing is (in my opinion) it's still going to be aimed at kids... I think, at least, they should give the game difficulty settings so more advanced gamers can play it without it being too easy. They could put more enemies in it & make targeting & what-knot harder. I mean I love WW, but it was so easy I completed it too quick. But I think TP will be a success, but I also think they could do alot more with it if they wait 'til the Revolution is due to come out & they could use it as the first game that could come with the Revolution.

theundeadhero
06-07-2005, 12:30 PM
I see myself buying another gamecube for this. Ironic because the first one I bought was for Four Swords.

Destai
06-07-2005, 01:33 PM
I bought a gamecube to play The wind waker along with the GC's Ocarina of time and loved the both so Ill definitely buy this.

Devourment
06-07-2005, 02:57 PM
I see myself buying another gamecube for this. Ironic because the first one I bought was for Four Swords.Did you sell the last one you had? *Sigh* You silleh person!! Hang on to it! :p They're worth keeping!

omnitarian
06-07-2005, 04:26 PM
I tried to think of something witty or original to put here, but I couldn't think of anything. So I'll go with the old standby...

"This game will rock."

WarZidane
06-07-2005, 04:56 PM
From the looks of it, this game'll be awesome :D
But then, i don't think i've ever played a Zelda game that wasn't awesome.
(and yes, that does mean i haven't played the CDI ones :p)

Black Mage
06-07-2005, 05:22 PM
I grew up playing Zelda, and I'm going to grow old playing Zelda.

It's sure Twilight Princess will be wonderful.

Zeldy
06-07-2005, 05:24 PM
Ive seen a trailer of this game and its feckin awesome.
Ive played almost every Zelda game. Some i didn't like though.
WindWaker and minish cap i dont like.
All the others I love.
Oh and tell Miyamoto my brother has that green mushroom shirt :love:

Dreddz
06-07-2005, 05:28 PM
looks good and probably will be but I cant play it because ive got a PS2

KentaRawr!
06-07-2005, 06:07 PM
looks good and probably will be but I cant play it because ive got a PS2

I have a PS2 AND a GameCube. Hah.

Anyways, I think this will be a very good game. But...

Miyamoto-San looks kinda...strange, holding that sword. http://www.zeldaguide.com/zeldae32004/e32004%20Miyamoto%205-11.jpg

XxSephirothxX
06-07-2005, 09:07 PM
I'm looking forward to this game more than I've looked forward to anything since Wind Waker came out. I'd choose it over a next-gen console in an instant.

Pure Strife
06-07-2005, 10:46 PM
I liked WW, so if it's anything like that gameplay-wise I'll definately get it. I found OoT too friggin hard.

Pouring Rain
06-11-2005, 11:56 PM
I have MM and MoT for the Nintendo 64 and they are both friggen hard for me. TP looks so cool. Ima buy it. Link looks so cool. Heck, Ima say it for everybody who's scared to say it. Link looks hot! Execpt when he turns into a werewolf. I've seen some parts of it on MTV2. I also think that Zelda's getup in the game is a little too misterious. Like, is she going out with Vincent Valentine from AC or something? Anyway, I picked Yeah. Its going to be awesome and everybody knows it. Well, almost everybody, anyway.

Shoeberto
06-12-2005, 01:22 AM
December? wtf. I thought it was marked for a fall release :/

Yes I am looking forward to this game. I loved Wind Waker, but I'm interested in seeing how dark they're gonna be making this one. Plus all the new gameplay mechanics.

Rostum
06-12-2005, 02:02 AM
Yeah this Zelda looks extremely awesome! Though I still count OoT to be my favourite one. ^^;

RedCydranth
06-12-2005, 08:17 AM
A few things... some one said "I can't wait until december". How often do games THIS anticipated come out on time? I'm thinking it'll be out in February at earliest. If its out in December that'll be phenominal.

Second, I'm unsure of the whole Link turning into a wolf thing. Link the Lycan??? Linkanthrope??? I'unno... but i'll give it a chance. Either way I'm sure it'll be outstanding.

OoT and MM were great. Wind Waker would have been better if the graphics weren't bad (my opinion, many liked them, I preferred OoT and MM to WW's graphics). That and the rediculous April fools joke got me. (If you pre-ordered the new Zelda, you'd get a new version of Windwaker in the new graphics. NOT TRUE)

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-12-2005, 08:35 AM
LinkanthropeGood one.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
06-12-2005, 09:55 AM
I'm gonna have to wait till Revolution comes out to play this link.
It looks good but i refuse to buy a GC.
I already have a PS2 and an Xbox....

im not buying a GC unless i can get an awsome deal on a used one.

Madame Adequate
06-12-2005, 01:30 PM
I don't like Zelda games. Well no, to be fair, I do like them, but I find them to be horrendously overrated. I cannot see the big deal. For example, if you want an excellent top-down action RPG, don't play ALttP, play Alundra! Dear lord, I can't play Zelda games for very long at all, but I got to the last dungeon in Alundra in three days.

There is, however, no question that this will do amazingly well.

Devourment
06-15-2005, 12:48 PM
December?That's what I've read everywhere where it says the release for it in the U.K., but I think it'll come out a bit later.

SomethingBig
06-15-2005, 01:46 PM
I can honestly say that I feel bad, yet I laugh, for the people that are PS2/XBox exclusive. This game looks absolutely fantastic.

Rase
06-15-2005, 07:18 PM
Well, it's one of the two games I'm really looking forward to, so yeah, I'd say that, in my opinion, it'll be phenomenal.

As for the release date, it wouldn't surprise me if Nintendo tries to get this out the door around the same time the Xbox 360 is released. Of course, I wich it was so much sooner (like, tomorrow).