PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe in magic?

SNOOZER
06-07-2005, 03:06 PM
Do you believe in magic in a young girl's heart
How the music can free her, whenever it starts
And it's magic, if the music is groovy
It makes you feel happy like an old-time movie...

Damn you John Mellencamp!

Actually me and my co-worker got into a discussion about this. What if magic really existed? I mean in a different plane of reality, like say, mana were bacteria/micro-organisms in the air and humans had the ability to harness them to conjure spells and such.

Like how the amount of midochlorians(sp?) you have in the star wars universe can make you more adept in the force, it's kinda like that.

I would create an "Instant shower spell" or an "Instant clean you up spell".

Because we all know in a magic ridden universe, theres bound to be some evil king trying to take over the world and a bunch of would-be adventurers will have to stop him. While your in the woods you wouldn't have time to get clean, my spell fixes all of that up.

You don't want to be all stinky fighting monstrous goblins now do you?

Man I'm bored at work.... *bangs head on desk*

Chris
06-07-2005, 03:15 PM
I believe in sexual magic.

Meat Puppet
06-07-2005, 03:21 PM
Magic is for WIMPS.

Loony BoB
06-07-2005, 03:22 PM
But I like my long showers. :(

I would like some kind of teleportation ability and maybe the ability to fly or something. But once you come down to it, we don't have magic - we have technology, which is probably just as effective despite being less environmentally friendly.

Chris
06-07-2005, 03:24 PM
Magic is for WIMPS.
That's why you ain't gettin' any! :D

Devourment
06-07-2005, 03:26 PM
It's-a-kind-a-maagic...
Who sang that again... I forgot. :rolleyes2

Loony BoB
06-07-2005, 03:27 PM
It's-a-kind-a-maagic...
Queen.

theundeadhero
06-07-2005, 03:27 PM
I would like a spell that could turn me invisible.

( I was going to post that "I believe in magic in a young girls heart", but you've outwitted me this time :shakes fist: )

Devourment
06-07-2005, 03:30 PM
It's-a-kind-a-maagic...
Queen.Woo thanks. The voice was stuck in my head & I had a blank moment & just couldn't think of it.

Right... Magic spell eh... Hmmm.

Well, I'd like a magc spell that would do all my dirty work for me, then I could just sit back & relax & go sleep & play on games all day. :cool:

SNOOZER
06-07-2005, 03:34 PM
Got to believe in magic
Tell me how two people find each other
In a world that's full of strangers
You've got to believe in magic
Somethin' stronger than the moon above
'Cause it's magic when two people fall in love~~

Damn you David Pomeranz!

Nice, I've outwitted Theundeadhero, mission complete!

Zeldy
06-07-2005, 04:20 PM
Magic, Hocus pocus!
Nah i dont believe in anything of the sort, i see right through them.
But one thing confuses me.. When they saw people in half.. How.!? :(
But if it did, i would wish school away BUT id automaticaly learn what i would usually learn anyway! Id also wish for a perfect boy, but not perfect so other girls follow him no no no no!
Personality wise i like, but they cant be mingin[Yucky], obviously.

SNOOZER
06-07-2005, 04:23 PM
Magic, Hocus pocus!
Nah i dont believe in anything of the sort, i see right through them.
But one thing confuses me.. When they saw people in half.. How.!? :(
But if it did, i would wish school away BUT id automaticaly learn what i would usually learn anyway! Id also wish for a perfect boy.

I wasn't really talking about that kind of magic... But.. I guess that counts too. O_o

*Pulls a rabbit out of a hat* TA DA! ... Holy crap its dead! Who's job was it to feed the rabbits?!

Sploddess
06-07-2005, 04:32 PM
Well I do believe that magick exsits there are people who do their usually called "witches" but we are your normal average everyday polytheists. Ya know the Pagans, Wiccans, Druids, Shamins, even the occasional Satanist *Satanists are not classified with this section of religion but yea you get the point*. We all believe in magick an only the Satanists do human and animal sacrifices. But the true magick comes from engery. So yea. I believe in it doesn't mean everyone elses opinion matches mine lol.

Behold the Void
06-07-2005, 05:01 PM
I would prefer gating magic, personally. So useful.

But yes, while I would like to believe in magic, I see no reason to unless it can be proved.

Meat Puppet
06-07-2005, 05:05 PM
MAGIC TO TAKE CLOTHES OFF

Ultima Shadow
06-07-2005, 05:20 PM
Yes, it does exist. Atleast "they" told me so. :(

ZeZipster
06-07-2005, 05:24 PM
No.

disapointedchild
06-07-2005, 05:54 PM
Yes, but its all evil.

The Anarchy Angel
06-07-2005, 05:57 PM
Evil magic...? Gimmie!

RedFoxIHavdaGunIlCU@0800
06-07-2005, 05:59 PM
i do not believe in any form of magic as i find it a whole load of crap :hat:

The Anarchy Angel
06-07-2005, 06:04 PM
*evil magic spell* bah, to all non believers

Jess
I want magic, so I can be anywhere I want, when I want. :rolleyes2

SNOOZER
I guess a lot of you are mad at magic too. Even though as I explained in my first post "What if". Then again nobody reads that sh*t. Everybody's right, magic is crap.

*Summons a giant slug and rides away with it.* Rock on!

Agent Proto
06-07-2005, 06:14 PM
The ability to teleport anywhere through magic would be the only magic I would love to know. I think it should be the only way everyone should know so they don't need to spend money on the airports.

Jojee
06-07-2005, 07:24 PM
*casts fire 3 on Snooz*

Ah shiet, out of MP... -_-

*shoots Meat Puppet*

SNOOZER
06-07-2005, 07:31 PM
*Points and laughs at Monkey* YOU LOSE!

So far I see most people like teleportation magic. Gating would be the same as teleportation I would think.

Invisibility and flight would be pretty useful too.

But so far Meat Puppet wins for the magic to take off peoples clothes.

A magic spell to make people punch their own crotch would have also been brilliant. I want that spell.

Rye
06-07-2005, 07:40 PM
Yes, to an extent. I don't believe in Harry Potter "wingardium leviosa" stuff, but I do believe in it.

Jojee
06-07-2005, 07:43 PM
I believe in the magic of love :fplove:

The Anarchy Angel
06-07-2005, 08:25 PM
*tuts and rolls eyes* only if other people believe it i suppose, it's an ongoing struggle: love is cruel and fickle!!

....Bolt 2!

theundeadhero
06-08-2005, 03:28 AM
I only believe in magic when I'm loving Monkey. :fplove:

SomethingBig
06-08-2005, 03:35 AM
I don't believe in human magic, but I do believe in Monkey Magic!

T-MaN
06-08-2005, 03:53 AM
I believe in Magic. I mean c'mon, just take a look at my magic powers!
-Super Speed
-Shooting DBZ style blasts
-Doing all kind of Naruto stuff
-Being able to fly (with Angel Wings of course)
-Being able to summon my Super-Gundam!

Don't know if any of that stuff I said is actually magic, but whatever, I believe in it. :)

Jojee
06-08-2005, 06:01 AM
I only believe in magic when I'm loving Monkey. :fplove:
I don't believe in human magic, but I do believe in Monkey Magic!

:fplove: As long as there is someone who believes in me, as long as there is goodness in the hearts of men, my magic will exist....

Also, I would like the "freeze time" magic, so I can reply (or spam *grins*) to thousands of threads in EoFF and then unfreeze time and everyone will be like WTF? ^_~

Mercen-X
06-08-2005, 06:16 AM
I don't believe that love is magic. I believe it is sorcery. The art of tearing someone's heart out and devouring it to appease your own sick ambitions. Actually, I more despise other people's view on it that love itself. I don't understand how so many can hold it in such high regard.
love is cruel and fickle!!CRUEL! FICKLE! DRAINING!

I don't believe in magic as a physical force. I believe in magic as an emotional sensation, a sentiment of the human empathic tendencies.

Medichlorians or Mitochondria would rock if we could manipulate them to bend the universe to our will . . . for the first year or so. People get bored when other people are able to do the exact same thing as them. We can't be satisfied by anything. We sicken me.

Asura
06-09-2005, 02:08 AM
If magic existed, I would be casting warp all the time. :tongue:

Argh...if only! :mad:

SNOOZER
06-09-2005, 02:13 AM
Also, I would like the "freeze time" magic, so I can reply (or spam *grins*) to thousands of threads in EoFF and then unfreeze time and everyone will be like WTF? ^_~

But.. if time froze, wouldn't the internet freeze aswell? Basically you're the only one moving while the electric signals of the interweb will be at a stand still. It would be impossible to send a thousand post at once because your first post won't even move!

BAM! I just totally rained on your parade *French kisses Monkey in complete anger* IN YOUR FACE!

*Flies off*

Jojee
06-09-2005, 02:16 AM
BAM! I just totally rained on your parade *French kisses Monkey in complete anger* IN YOUR FACE! I... I don't even know what to say to that :p Bugger you, you meany poo head! *stabs you in the i*

SNOOZER
06-09-2005, 02:28 AM
Monkey: Face man! You lose!

Anyway trying to stick into topic. Since a lot of you did not bother to read my first post (Besides LoonyBob and MercenX.. and.. the rest) I'm going to reiterate really quick.

I'm talking about if we existed in a different plane (Like a different dimension for those of you who like to watch the animes and the sci fi junk) and mana (MP, magic power, mana points, magic points, whatever the hell) existed in the form of bacteria or micro organisms in the air and humans had the ability to harness them and create them into spells.

There! Now make up some magic spells! Warping would be pretty awesome.

I think besides from my "instant shower spell/instant make yourself clean" spell, I would create counter spell. I'd just counter every single spell.... Ever.

------
Monkey and SNOOZER encounter Horrible Ogre Monster!

Monkey: Ok! Casting FIRE 3!
SNOOZER: Counterspell...

*Fire 3 is countered*

Monkey: What in the hell are you doing?!
SNOOZER: Well atleast I thought it was funny.

*Monkey and SNOOZER gets mangled by Horrible Ogre Monster*

kikimm
06-09-2005, 02:31 AM

xD I've always wanted to do that. It might be possible, if you just opened loads of windows, and then click them all at almost the same time. There'd be a few seconds difference, but whatever.

:D

Jojee
06-09-2005, 02:36 AM
Monkey and SNOOZER encounter Horrible Ogre Monster!

Monkey: Ok! Casting FIRE 3!
SNOOZER: Counterspell...

*Fire 3 is countered*

Monkey: What in the hell are you doing?!
SNOOZER: Well atleast I thought it was funny.

*Monkey and SNOOZER gets mangled by Horrible Ogre Monster* We should write a fanfic together :p

xD I've always wanted to do that. It might be possible, if you just opened loads of windows, and then click them all at almost the same time. There'd be a few seconds difference, but whatever. You're giving me ideas. Stop this XD

On topic: I suppose it would be fitting to harness all the zillion microorganisms to go on someone's face and eat them alive ^___^ Rararar. Also I would create micro organism monkeys, an army of them :)

SNOOZER
06-09-2005, 02:42 AM
We should write a fanfic together :p

Sure!

-----
Monkey: ......
SNOOZER: ......
Monkey: What are you doing?
SNOOZER: Staring at your boobs. What are you doing?
Monkey: Staring at your boobs.
SNOOZER: Wanna touch 'em?
Monkey: .....no...
SNOOZER: ......
Monkey: .....
SNOOZER: Now?
Monkey: Yes. *Fondles SNOOZER's boobs*
-----

Anyway, though all those spells sound sweet, I think there should be some sort of limit on how much bacteria mana you can harness. Like if you absorb too much you get tired faster. Something gay like that, so you know, balance everything. *Shrugs*

SomethingBig
06-09-2005, 03:24 AM
http://www.murauchi.com/MCJ/front/images/commodity/023/4934569605023.jpg

Kage
06-09-2005, 03:56 AM
So these magic spells that harness the power of microorganisms... do they only work with magic or can we cast summon spells and have... oh say... Bahamut come down and obliterate something we don't like, such as the high school I went to or maybe that guy making eyes at my girlfriend? Seems like a waste of Bahamut and Microorganisms... but the comedy involved in that would be worth it.

Xander
06-09-2005, 10:35 AM
I love that song, and yess!! I believe in magic. Cos I believe in everything. Not believing is silly.

Mercen-X
06-09-2005, 04:15 PM
So these magic spells that harness the power of microorganisms... do they only work with magic or can we cast summon spells and have... oh say... Bahamut
I think mitochondria (biology; structures found in large numbers in most cells, in which respiration and energy production occur.) would be restricted to fire and confuse and so forth spells as opposed to summons. We could sin against nature and create a bunch of genetically altered, physically enhanced, bio-weapon super-creatures which we could control via our mitochondria. But that would be for evil people.

Kamiko
06-09-2005, 04:22 PM
Magic.... hrmm.... yursh. I do. But then again I'm nuts so you prolly shouldn't listen to me. :fpenerg:

Kage
06-11-2005, 08:16 PM
Originally Posted by Mercen-X:

We could sin against nature and create a bunch of genetically altered, physically enhanced, bio-weapon super-creatures which we could control via our mitochondria. But that would be for evil people.

Proud to be evil since June 25th, 1983 at 9:05 AM...