PDA

View Full Version : Your own personal language.

Giga Guess
06-08-2005, 02:10 AM
Everyone has there own little catchphrase they have in their casual language. What's yours?

As for myself:
"Whahoowhahuh?" My response to someone addressing me, catching me off guard or a question that I have no idea what s/he is talking about.

"You don't know it but you're staring death in the eye." Rough translation: bugger off.

Crazy the Clown
06-08-2005, 02:14 AM
Clown laughter.

The more chaotic it is, the further you should stand from me. (For instance, if I laugh like someone tells me a funny joke, you're safe. But if I laugh like the Joker from Batman, time to go.)

Ryth
06-08-2005, 02:15 AM
Grunting. They'll ask, "How are you?" and by accident I'll grunt, "Ehhh..."

T-MaN
06-08-2005, 02:43 AM
"Jha" <-- Meaning, " Get the hell away from me, I am pissed of now."
I have more, but I don't feel like typing it all down. ;)

Mo-Nercy
06-08-2005, 03:00 AM
I coined a phrase sometime last year:

"Nice pants."
Depending on the tone I spoke in, I could have been suggesting that I planned to kill the person and steal their pants or I could just be genuinely commenting on their pants.

kikimm
06-08-2005, 03:10 AM
I coined a phrase sometime last year:

"Nice pants."
Depending on the tone I spoke in, I could have been suggesting that I planned to kill the person and steal their pants or I could just be genuinely commenting on their pants.

xD

For me, I'm going to have to say Burglefickle, and ehat. But I refuse to explain either of these.

:D

Meat Puppet
06-08-2005, 03:39 AM
I say alot

Madame Adequate
06-08-2005, 03:59 AM
I say 'Joe' as a greeting. This is actually rendered as 'j0', but y'know. Out loud 'j-zero' sounds like I'm talking to some super-ghetto gangsta.

Nowait.

Actually.

J-zero sounds pretty friggin' awesome. I shall use that as a greeting from now on.

I also say 'Caaaapital' in a Burns-esque manner. And I often randomly flail my arms and warn young master Robinson of the Danger!

Ultima Shadow
06-08-2005, 08:25 AM
"Harrrr! Where's me ship?"

Traditional Swedish phrase, meaning "When are the bus going to arrive?"

Mittopotahis
06-08-2005, 09:17 AM
Shundar! (introduced via my youth group, no one is sure how it is spelled..kinda just means like Amen except you can use it on anything, like when you agree with someone, or someone makes a good call.) We also started a chant up
*sings to tune of thunderstruck* Shundar! ahhhaaaahaaaahaaahaaaaha Shundar! ahhaaaahhaahahaahahahhahahaaahaha Shunder! etc etc etc...
I say organised as "orjinised"
instead of Bibliography I saw "Bibibalogragraphy"
Pthamp, a word I made up years ago, meaning stupid.
And sometimes I just like speaking like a 3 year old, saying "th" as "f" and speak in a childish voice and stick my tongue out.
I have many more, will edit this post when i think of more!

Loony BoB
06-08-2005, 11:03 AM
Ed Zachery - Exactly.
Mother Teresa - An alternative for another "Mother" word.
BoBBye - My personalised goodbye.
*fleedom* - Pretty obvious, really. The art of fleeing.
Aroo? - Huh?
Eggs are lint - Excellent.
Ninos (said like: knee-nose) - Something my little sister and I made up when I used to put her to bed. It's tucking them in, whispering a prayer and giving them a kiss on the forehead.

I have more words but those are the only ones I can think of right now.

boris no no
06-08-2005, 11:23 AM
EEEHHH?? sais just as written. meaning what?
also wha?
i9 normally just mkae lots of squeeking noises that mena many different things...
i'm a twin, all twins have their own language between them :p :)

Ko Ko
06-08-2005, 11:27 AM
I took the 'teh' thing offline.
This morning I told Juji I was teh sleepy.
Hmm. What else. I also made up the diagnosis WAS, eg. White Arse Syndrome, when you sit on tarmac and your arse goes all white and chalky. Er, your skirt does.
'Like, Mari, you have WAS.' 'Like omg!'
^__^ Nothing too creative, except the word yesterfat.

ZuZu
06-08-2005, 11:29 AM
"Harrrr! Where's me ship?"

Traditional Swedish phrase, meaning "When are the bus going to arrive?"
We have our own to say when the buss is coming... or someone :rolleyes2 Nys se tulee :D

Triple T
06-08-2005, 01:21 PM
It's not personal, but I say meh a lot. xP

And ehh is so Canadian. >_>

Jess
06-08-2005, 04:44 PM
One of my friends says I have "Jessisms" because I say & do random things that nobody else uses. I haven't even noticed what though.

Edit: It might be the fact that I'm originally from Newcastle, but I live in Essex. I don't have a geordie accent, as I've adapted, but on the odd occasion I probably say things that they don't recognise.

Zeldy
06-08-2005, 04:51 PM
Theres certain things ive picked up at school
"Nay" Its so woolyback'ish! [nay = nah]
you dont say it like a horse, naaay, you just say "Nay"
I scream alot..somebody tickles me.. i scream.
somebody made me dance today, they whipped me on a leg with them..sweet snake thing and it hurt like hell, i had a huge red line.
-Back on topic-

I also say
"oooh man,"
"Maaaaaaan,"
But ive been told to stop but i cant help it! >_<
I also have a tendency to..ramble, what i think im saying is different to what i do say in my head, "OOh is that what 'such-a-body' said.."
what i say "Ooh is that.. said.. such-a-body-?"
O_o

Chris
06-08-2005, 05:03 PM
I always say: xD

Nephiliam
06-08-2005, 05:05 PM
I just always mix up words, on accident. That's my language. =/

Like this morning, I told my boyfriend that my cats were 'cappy hats', then I tried to fix it and it came out as 'the hats were cappy.'

=/ I always do that..

Boosk
06-08-2005, 05:06 PM
azuh?
meh
PLEH!
pooooooooo

Kagga :love:

The Anarchy Angel
06-08-2005, 07:00 PM
Bah! My Drunken Tramp language is superior, one set of words can portray anything!
For instance: Hargen Nargen Flargen Schmargen?
Translation: How are you feeling on this fine day?

Otherwise i always say good bye the same way, farlewell! Buh Bye! See you soooooon!
And if someone calls me, i used to turn around and say "wallawalla?"

Giga Guess
06-09-2005, 12:23 AM
Ed Zachery - Exactly.
Mother Teresa - An alternative for another "Mother" word.
BoBBye - My personalised goodbye.
*fleedom* - Pretty obvious, really. The art of fleeing.
Aroo? - Huh?
Eggs are lint - Excellent.
Ninos (said like: knee-nose) - Something my little sister and I made up when I used to put her to bed. It's tucking them in, whispering a prayer and giving them a kiss on the forehead.

I have more words but those are the only ones I can think of right now.

You too, huh?

Oh, and as opposed to saying Mother ----er, I just say "Mother..."

And
"Maggafraggashmugga" I think that's how it's spelled anyways...it's the old Yosemite Sam grumbling in frustration...again, it's a true sign of back off slowly, and no sudden moves...