PDA

View Full Version : Worst games you've played

SomethingBig
06-08-2005, 02:08 PM
- MGS 3 - This probably takes the cake for me. I've been playing games since I was 2 and I've never played a more boring game. Not even FFX was this low. I'm sorry, but walking crawling around in grass, waiting for someone to turn their back is not my idea of fun.

- FFX - Reasons I've already explained.

- Aqua Aqua - Play it and you'll know why.

Glendon
06-08-2005, 02:09 PM
Tiger Heli for the NES.

TheAbominatrix
06-08-2005, 02:15 PM
I'm sure there's a lot, but it's been so long and I've played so many games... so I'll just take them off the top of my head.

Emphereal Phantasia - First off, the graphics were /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif. I mean, I'm not a graphics-whore by any means, but this was early PS1 graphics on a PS2 games. The story and dialogue were horrible, as were the controls and the mini-games. Horrid game.

Grandia II - I dont know if it got better, because I couldnt stand it for more than 10 minutes. The opening scene was full of continuity errors (going from standing on a cliff to being in a field to standing on a cliff yet again), and the dialogue was horrid. I wanted to punch the main character in the face.

Silent Hill 2 - I know a lot of people love this game, but I couldnt stand it... and yes, I played the whole thing. It only managed to creep me out once, in the prison, but otherwise it was just tedious. The puzzles were dumb, the story was only slightly interesting, the dialogue was HORRID, the characters reactions were just... ugh ("Hey, what was that creepy thing. Oh well, I wont react to them anymore), and the fog drove me absolutely insane.

So yeah, that's all I can think of offhand.

Erdrick Holmes
06-08-2005, 03:13 PM
Mortal Kombat 1-4: Never in my life have I seen a fighting game so boring to play
Street Fighter EX: This game should have never been made, it's a sin to put a classic 2D game into 3D
Megaman X7: See above
Grand Theft Auto series: WORST GAME EVER MADE! Living Breathing World my ass. It's just a poorly rendered city with cars driving around in preset circles. And most of the missions are stupid little fetchquests. The only GTA to suck the least was GTA2.
Turok Evolution: Worst ten dollars I ever spent
Sword of Berserk: The anime kicked ass but this game sucked. It's pretty much you spend 20 minutes watching a cutscene that explains the story, then you mash the X button for five minutes, and repeat. Worst Dreamcast game ever.

ThroneofDravaris
06-08-2005, 03:25 PM
Halo and its god awful sequel. Usually I’m all for 1st person shooters but god damn!

P.S Somethingbig, you say you hate FFX, so what’s with the Shuyin avatar?

Shoeberto
06-08-2005, 03:55 PM
Worms World Party on the GBA. Note that this is the GBA version of the game. I love the Worms series, but this one is bad.

It is easily the most poorly coded game I've ever played. The guns don't shoot the way they do in the actual games. There's two animations - walking and dying. Nothing else. And the game crashes. It crashes. You know it crashes because the 8-bit Nintendo music goes to a beeeeeep and the screen goes black with a bunch of random green rectangles appear on screen.

This is an example of a game that should be awesome but was just so poorly programmed that it's bad. Play the PC version instead.

Ultima Shadow
06-08-2005, 04:57 PM
Tetris... *hides*

Zeldy
06-08-2005, 05:02 PM
I aint a fan of Starfox, So i hate all of those games.
I didn't mind Turok Ragewars, but the others i hated.
Eternal Darkness and Shadowman *shudders*
All of those crappy WWE games..

and one things for sure, you'll never catch me on a Grand theft auto game, ever!

Dreddz
06-08-2005, 05:32 PM
Soul Reaver 1+2

WarZidane
06-08-2005, 06:10 PM
Half Life
Worst FPS ever IMO, though Half Life 2 was a fine game.
oh, and Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness. Disgrace to the Tomb Raider series

Xander
06-08-2005, 06:30 PM
I usually know exactly what I want when I buy a game so I like it, but hmm, out of the few I rented or played briefly, maybe Sonic Heroes.

Strider
06-08-2005, 08:17 PM
Halo.

KoShiatar
06-08-2005, 09:00 PM
The I of the Dragon. Boring and monotonous.

Jowy
06-08-2005, 10:38 PM
Outlaw Golf. My friends and I went to the video store and figured it would be a mediocre yet acceptable substitute for Mario Golf. We could have never been more mistaken.

escobert
06-08-2005, 10:49 PM
That game where you kick the ball around what's it called again? Oh right soccer!

Doc Sark
06-08-2005, 10:55 PM
That game where you pick up an odd shaped ball, while wearing more pads than an eighties secretary and stop lots. What's it called again. Oh yeah American Football.

Worst video game I ever played though, gotta be FIFA 2005, it's the lamest attempt at a football game that I have ever had the misfortune to play. Give me Pro Evolution any day of the week.

Cruise Control
06-08-2005, 11:05 PM
Echo the Dolphin for the Sega Genisis (old-school yo)!
*thinks about game and stabs cartridge with exacto-knife*

SomethingBig
06-08-2005, 11:42 PM
Shuyin isn't in FFX, silly. He was in X-2, which is a different game.

And Joel, I think I love you.

Erdrick Holmes
06-09-2005, 12:07 AM

My power to speak the truth has that effect on people.

MecaKane
06-09-2005, 12:37 AM
Grand Theft Auto series: WORST GAME EVER MADE! Living Breathing World my ass. It's just a poorly rendered city with cars driving around in preset circles. And most of the missions are stupid little fetchquests. The only GTA to suck the least was GTA2.
fetchquests? I'm not sure what you mean, I've played almost every mission in Vice City and San Andreas, the other ones are mostly optional ones that require so much effort and practice I'm too lazy to do, certainly not fetchquests. I've never noticed an over abundance of missions where all you had to do was go and get something/someone. I mean, sure, you almost had to go places to get the missions started, or as the objective, but who wants to play a game where all you do is fight people, maybe on different arenas, but never travelling or exploring on your own? That just sounds like the stupidest thing ever. :confused: :confused:

Worst game ever? Hmmm.
I don't know. I don't really remember bad games that much, the ones that stick out the most are the SeGa/FFLegend games, but maybe that's because they didn't work as Final Fantasy games I expected at the time.

Mo-Nercy
06-09-2005, 12:46 AM
I only play games that are popular.
I only buy the game magazines tell me to buy.
That way I know I get good games for sure.
So no..nothing comes to mind immediately.

I was going to add something, but I really can't think of anything...

black orb
06-09-2005, 01:16 AM
http://www.cpujunky.com/AxBxSNES/Magic%20Boy.gif

ThroneofDravaris
06-09-2005, 09:02 AM
Shuyin isn't in FFX, silly. He was in X-2, which is a different game.

So you liked X-2 and hated X?!!!

Wow, that's a first...

Devourment
06-09-2005, 10:25 AM
Where to start...

GTA3, GTA: Vice City, GTA: San Andreas, Duck Hunt(NES), Defenders of the Crown(NES), Commando(SMS II... I think), Killer Instinct Gold(N64)... I'll come to more when I think of them.

kawaiileena
06-12-2005, 04:32 PM
I only played limited games, so I'll choose very carefully and personally:

GranStream Saga

Seriously, the puzzles were dumb, the characters hasn't that much personality and the girl Arlia (I forgot her name) bugged me to no end. There are other reasons, but I'll just leave that to myself for now.

Rye
06-12-2005, 04:37 PM
Jak and Daxter.

DHEvil
06-12-2005, 04:40 PM
- MGS 3 - This probably takes the cake for me. I've been playing games since I was 2 and I've never played a more boring game. Not even FFX was this low. I'm sorry, but walking crawling around in grass, waiting for someone to turn their back is not my idea of fun.

- FFX - Reasons I've already explained.

- Aqua Aqua - Play it and you'll know why.

Burn in hell.

Rye
06-12-2005, 04:42 PM
Duck Hunt(NES)

:O! That's like, one of the best games ever!

Shoeberto
06-12-2005, 05:25 PM
Jak and Daxter.
Whaaaaaaaaat? Jak and Daxter = pwnage.

Dr.K
06-12-2005, 05:36 PM
Any of the Tomb Raider series.
Resident Evil Gun Survivor.
Clay Fighter 63 1/3. Although that was legendary in it's own right.

SomethingBig
06-12-2005, 05:49 PM
Duck Hunt(NES)
You... You can't be serious... :nonono:

Erdrick Holmes
06-12-2005, 05:50 PM
Megaman X7. I think I finally found a Megaman game I hated.

SomethingBig
06-12-2005, 06:00 PM
To add to the list:
- Phantasy Star IV
- SNES Street Fighters
- Marvel vs Capcom 1 and 2
- Capcom vs SNK
- Sonic 3
- Sonic and Knuckles
- Final Fantasy VI

Erdrick Holmes
06-12-2005, 06:02 PM
To add to the list:
- Phantasy Star IV
- SNES Street Fighters
- Marvel vs Capcom 1 and 2
- Capcom vs SNK
Wait, what's bad about Capcom Vs SNK? It was the first crossover fighter to be good?

And PSIV? Thats the best RPG ever made.

SomethingBig
06-12-2005, 06:04 PM
ROOFLS, just wanted tos ee your reaction. I actually think those games are the best games in existence.

Madame Adequate
06-12-2005, 06:14 PM
It looks to me like a lot of people are picking 'overrated' instead of 'really terrible'.

"Worst game you've ever played" is not something which looks good and is well-coded, but is simply something you don't like, or consider merely average, that a lot of other people love. If it were, Zelda would be the worst game series ever, and Half-Life would be close behind.

No, I think the worst game I've ever had the dire misfortunate of playing was Versaille, a sort of point-'n'-click on the PSone. It was so terrible that I took it back to the rental store (And thank the great good lord I only rented it.) the same day. It is slow, it is pointless, it's actually surprisingly ugly, there doesn't appear to be a plot, and the controls, if you can call them that, are so awkward that fighting a slick, oil-covered monkey whilst tied to the underside of an elephant is likely to be easier to get the hang of.

I hear Iznogoud is no good, but I've not played it so I can't comment. Oh, and the Hugo games were terrible, too. >.>

But yeah. There's no way any FF on the PS or PS2 belongs on that kind of list. The GTA games don't, they're technically proficient aside from the fact that they're really great fun and stuff. Half-life, much as I love putting it down, is still a playable game. The same explains why I don't have Zelda there. I think it's the most horrifically overrated series of games on the planet, but I don't think they're bad by any stretch of the imagination.

SomethingBig
06-12-2005, 06:53 PM
No no, MGS 3 is seriously the worst game I've ever played.

DK
06-12-2005, 07:15 PM
No game with stupidly bloody throat cutting and shotguns can be bad. >=O

Worst game I ever played is Zelda on the Nes, Tomb Raider series and Resident Evil series. I hate them all with a burning passion of death.

DMKA
06-12-2005, 07:34 PM
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City - It was so overhyped and thrown in my face so I finally sat and played it...and yeah...wtf.

Street Fighter EX2 Plus - *shudder*

Resident Evil Survivor - What the hell was that? A 30 minute FPS Resident Evil? o__O

Yeah, those are the only ones I can think of that were bad enough for me to remember how bad they were.

(Oh, and BTW, FFX is one of the best games ever. That is all.)

SomethingBig
06-12-2005, 07:55 PM
Worst game I ever played is Zelda on the Nes, Tomb Raider series and Resident Evil series. I hate them all with a burning passion of death.
Play RE4 and that'll change your look on RE. It's gotten all perfect or near perfect reviews and it pretty much has the game of the year award already.

kikimm
06-12-2005, 07:57 PM
Duck Hunt(NES)
You... You can't be serious... :nonono:

Seriously. What? :cry:

As for me:::

The legend of Dragoon. I tried three times. Never again. The only good thing I can say about it was that the battle system was fun.

:D

Erdrick Holmes
06-12-2005, 08:11 PM
I'd also like to add that Soul Calibur 2 was overhyped and sucky. It's a lame newbie fighting game that you can play if you have more then 5 brain cells. In fact, most 3D fighters suck, the only ones that don't are ones made by Sega, Bloody Roar, and Rival Schools 1 and 2.

I'd also like to add that Marvel Vs Capcom 1 and 2 were just idiotic, who in there right mind thinks that theres two series even BELONG together. It's like making a game of Seasame Street and National Lampoon. Plus it's also a lame button masher that you can probably win by smashing your face against the button cabinet twelve times.

Also, I couldn't resist, but

http://norbert-x.com/rock/userfiles/Joelholmes/mffg.JPG

MecaKane
06-12-2005, 08:19 PM
Awww, how cute!
Did you make that all by yourself?

DMKA
06-12-2005, 08:26 PM
Awww, how cute!
No, I think he had the help of MSpaint. :rolleyes2

Destai
06-12-2005, 09:00 PM
People here are choosing games that are popular and overhyped over games that are actually bad. If you guys think FFVI, X,MGS3, and Vice City etc. are bad games then you probably havent actually played a bad game.

Awww, how cute!
No, I think he had the help of MSpaint. :rolleyes2 :<3:

SomethingBig
06-12-2005, 09:17 PM
Plus it's also a lame button masher that you can probably win by smashing your face against the button cabinet twelve times.
Agreed. :)

I'd also like to add that Marvel Vs Capcom 1 and 2 were just idiotic, who in there right mind thinks that theres two series even BELONG together.
Disagreed. :mad2:

And in case you think MvC was my first fighting game, Street Fighter for the SNES was my first. I remember my apartment neighbors invited us over for some SNES goodness and the younger one and I would always get into "Who's better at*activity*" arguments. I came out on top in Street Fighter cuz I knew how to use the Hadouken. :cool:

Shoeberto
06-12-2005, 09:27 PM
People here are choosing games that are popular and overhyped over games that are actually bad. If you guys think FFVI, X,MGS3, and Vice City etc. are bad games then you probably havent actually played a bad game.
:<3:

black orb
06-12-2005, 09:27 PM
>>> I insist..
http://www.cpujunky.com/AxBxSNES/Magic%20Boy.gif
Magic Boy for SNES, go download the rom or something and you`ll experience hell...

SomethingBig
06-12-2005, 09:35 PM
I've played my share of bad games(and I mean bad). MGS 3 is the worst game I've ever played, in my opinion. If MGS 3 wasn't overhyped, I'd still hate it. I'm not picking out overhyped games simply because they're overhyped.

To make you happy, I'll add to the list games that aren't overhyped:
- Big Motha-Truckas
- Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude
- Outlaw Golf
- Ristar
- Dinozaurs(I think that's how it's spelled) for the NES
- Tiny Toon Adventures 2
- Megaman 3, 5, 6, 8, 9, X6, and X7
- Many comic book games(too many, in fact)
- Dragonball for the NES
- Dragonball Z Budokai
- Dragonball Z: Ultimate Battle 22
- Dragonball Z: Super Saiyan Densetsu(Legend of the Super Saiyan)
- All of the Pokemon games
- Zelda 2

I can go on and on.

Destai
06-12-2005, 09:38 PM
I've played my share of bad games(and I mean bad). MGS 3 is the worst game I've ever played, in my opinion. If MGS 3 wasn't overhyped, I'd still hate it. I'm not picking out overhyped games simply because they're overhyped.

*insert bitching* (friendly comment :p )

I can go on and on.Yeah Im sure you could but seriously, I think you're just picky when it comes to your videogames. :D

BatChao
06-12-2005, 09:39 PM
Duuuuude. Worst game ever is Platoon for the NES... hmmm but maybe that game was so bad, it was funny. I remember laughing a lot when I played it.

Hmm... what else? Quest 64 was pretty bad too...

I never beat either of these games, though... hmmm... what's the worst game I ever finished? I dunno.... I'll have to think on that one a bit longer... usually I stop playing a game when it's hurting me.

SomethingBig
06-12-2005, 09:46 PM
I think you're just picky when it comes to your videogames. :D
That may be. :confused: I make sure not to criticize games too heavily without actually playing them, though, and when I find that I don't like them, I give them a second chance. FFVIII is the perfect example of this. Also, before saying that I just hate stealth games, I liked the first two Metal Gears and I loved the stealth elements in Wind Waker.

Madame Adequate
06-12-2005, 10:06 PM
I'd also like to add that Soul Calibur 2 was overhyped and sucky. It's a lame newbie fighting game that you can play if you have more then 5 brain cells. In fact, most 3D fighters suck, the only ones that don't are ones made by Sega, Bloody Roar, and Rival Schools 1 and 2.

I'd also like to add that Marvel Vs Capcom 1 and 2 were just idiotic, who in there right mind thinks that theres two series even BELONG together. It's like making a game of Seasame Street and National Lampoon. Plus it's also a lame button masher that you can probably win by smashing your face against the button cabinet twelve times.

Watch a couple of real masters of Soul Calibur II fighting each other, using the less conventional characters like Ivy and Voldo, and you'll eat those words.

I can see where you're coming from with MvP - most 2D fighters are like that, but they're still a lot of fun. Besides which, if it's so easy, how can I be so good at it? If it was easy to win by button bashing, somehow I don't think my amazing skill would give me about a 7:3 win ratio over the best people I've played against, and closer to 11:1 against most other people. (I'm not, incidentally, talking about how great I am at it. Simply pointing out that if it's so simplistic, there oughtn't to be significant, consistent score disparities.)

DMKA
06-12-2005, 10:07 PM
I forgot how much I hated Wind Waker...that doesn't make it a bad game though.

Erdrick Holmes
06-12-2005, 11:03 PM
Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest. What a terrible way to make an entry level RPG.

Necronopticous
06-12-2005, 11:24 PM
Master Chu and the Drunkard Hu for NES

Excelsior
06-13-2005, 06:07 AM
No no, MGS 3 is seriously the worst game I've ever played.

My eyes! :eek:

man, you make zero sense. how could you like MGS 1 and 2 and not 3? Snake Eater was a masterpiece of art. and, as for your "sitting in grass" comment, i find people who actually use the stealth element in MGS games weird. usually, i think its much more fun to just bust out your Assault Weapon and blow the crap out of everyone around you. therefore, i could honestly not give a crap if those games had the worst stealth gameplay ever. plus Big Boss>Solid Snake. (ok, not really, there equal, but Solid Snake is the best character in a fictional story ever, so that means big boss is too.)

Dewprincess
06-13-2005, 06:28 AM
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned "Mario is Missing" yet. Also at the top of my "bad games" list were a couple of the movie-based SNES games I got in primary school, like the one for Beethoven's 2nd (the controls were horrible!)

I really liked Soul Calibur II, didn't think anyone would consider that a bad game...

Zanius
06-13-2005, 10:00 AM
2 games that I really hated to play:

- Spiderman - The Movie 2 (PC version) :mad2:

- Tomb Ryder Angel of Darkness :mad2:

DHEvil
06-13-2005, 01:34 PM
Anyone who says ANY of the Devil May Cry games were the worst ever DESERVE to be HURT!

Now I know DMC2 wasn't the greatest game ever but seriously...it's a good few weekends of fun and mindless action! That's a GOOD thing! And DMC1 was just unbeleievably good, and DMC3? You don't even have to ask me about that. Just go and buy all 3 right now.

As for FFX....it was less of a game more of an experience...a way of life... a STORY...a chapter of your existence!!

You ARE NOT GIVEN PERMISSION TO HATE FFX!!! LOVE IT! LOOOVE IT!

NM
06-13-2005, 02:56 PM
Quake 3. It's just so boring to play. The maps are tiny, the gun's are dull and uninteresting, your character feels like it's floating rather than walking. I'll take the UT games any day.

On the beat 'em up front. I think the MvC games are bad, but you all seem to be forgetting the festering pile of crap that is Street Fighter The Movie! Oh and add Mortal Kombat to the list as well. :D

meowwl
06-13-2005, 02:56 PM
The worst game I've ever played has to be Escape from Monkey Island for PS2. Bad graphics, storyline, and the worst controls I've ever had the misfortune to run across.

I love all the Jak and Daxter games, Jak II being my favorite, and I also like the Ratchet and Clank games, and the Crash bandicoot games, up to Twinsanity anyway...it sucked :cry: ...they all have one thing in common..they use the same basic game engine.

Slothy
06-14-2005, 01:59 AM

Watch a couple of real masters of Soul Calibur II fighting each other, using the less conventional characters like Ivy and Voldo, and you'll eat those words.

I'm glad you said it. At my best in SC2 before I stopped playing on a regular basis, I was unbeaten as Mitsurugi by anyone who didn't play the game that much. Generally in a good fighting game, a button masher can have success against people who just play casually, but get their rear end handed to them by someone who takes the time to learn the game. SC2 is one of those games.

As for the worst game I've ever played, I'll have to thank the person who mentioned Mario is Missing earlier for reminding me of that flaming pile of monkey crap. That's the worst game I can think of at the moment that didn't come free in a cereal box.

kikimm
06-14-2005, 02:05 AM
Ah, I must add Beyond the Beyond, now that I've been thinking about it. It was my first RPG ever ( :love: ), and I really did love it back then, but trying to play it now, and thinking back on my experience...it really is a horrible, horrible game. xD I still love it, but....I never wish it upon anyone.

:D

DK
06-15-2005, 01:54 PM
MGS 1 has been the best metal gear so far. Two was fine, right up until the end where the story went competely to dog turd, and Three was good, but there was something about it that stopped it from being great. I don't really know what it was, but there was something. Perhaps it was because the Shagohod sucked. Or the lack of industrial sneaking, I don't know.

I just remembered, though, Bubsy 3D on the PS was the worst pile of ass I ever played in my entire life.

Rusty
06-15-2005, 02:31 PM
I don't know if any of you have heard of this Playstation game, but it is really a horrible game. 'Pet in TV'. Ugh.

Polnareff
06-15-2005, 05:02 PM

I'd have to somewhat disagree with this statement, just a tad. MvC is more like Rock-Paper-Scissors than anything, because certain attacks beat out other attacks, so you have to fight accordingly.

Well, except in MvC2 where Cable/Magneto/Storm own the rest of the characters for free, due to insane helper attacks, speed, rushdown, and Cable's Air Hyper Viper Beam >_>

As for the worst game I have ever played, well, I can't quite pick one, but if I had to pick, it would be Mario's Time Machine. This game doesn't have any real gameplay, and it tries to be informative in terms of history, but there are much better games for that. How can you learn about Thomas Edison or George Washington from riding on a boogie-board-looking thing collecting little yellow orbs? O_o I'll tell ya--you can't, lol.

KentaRawr!
06-15-2005, 07:26 PM
Bad Dudes for the NES. I suppose I was spoiled by double dragon...