PDA

View Full Version : Why dose everyone hate Squall?

DreamingOfDreams
06-08-2005, 05:52 PM
Well, we've got a why dose everyone hate rinoa thread, so what about Squall? Everyong seems to be nasty to him as well. Personaly, I think he's great, but there are more people who don't like him. So? Why don't you like him?

The Anarchy Angel
06-08-2005, 05:54 PM
Stealing my idea!!! Well, he talks to hismelf too much and has a go at Laguna when he does!! Does that make sense? NO. And he's so blunt to everyone and should explain things aloud, there we go, i'm done now ^_~

FiragaBreak
06-08-2005, 06:24 PM
Why do you hate FF people period?

The Anarchy Angel
06-08-2005, 06:47 PM
We don't, we just like to pick holes!

Armisael
06-08-2005, 06:50 PM
I don't hate him personally!^_^

Abraxas
06-08-2005, 07:09 PM
I like him too (I like the whole cast with the exception of Dr. Odine), but one must accept that finally liking him is the result of the process of the game.
At the beginning, I really didn't agree with any of the options the dialogs offered me.
I quickly felt more sympathy for all the other characters... and didn't like that he was so rude with them.
He was so annoying when refused to shake Zell's hand, when he didn't care about Quistis feelings and worries, when he "cheers up" Selphie so awkwardly... only Irvine was saved of his bad attitude, I think!

But later you understand him and learn to be patient with him (mainly because you don't have a choice).
At the end his smile erases all the bad feelings!

The Anarchy Angel
06-08-2005, 07:15 PM
That smile was cute and so heart melting ^_~

Kamiko
06-08-2005, 07:23 PM
I don't hate Squall , I love him!! He is teh bomb!! :fpenerg:

MushroomZOMBIE
06-08-2005, 10:33 PM
& HE'S HAWWWWWWWT!!!! :greenking:

Destai
06-08-2005, 11:00 PM
I dont have any beef with him. Infact I think hes one of the better heros. I like loners even if he does dress like a cheap ride.

Kamiko
06-09-2005, 01:08 AM
Squall is MY cheap ride. Black leather is sexy anyways....

Asura
06-09-2005, 01:53 AM
I like him a lot because I can actually relate to him.
I sit by myself and say "..." a lot.

But, seriously, how many main heros have to be all charismatic and outgoing?
It's refreshing whenever I come across a character who isn't the stereotypical hero.

Plus, he's hot. :love: Ar.

Raven Nox
06-09-2005, 03:40 AM
Yeah... I'm a loner like him, lol, so I never hated him, ever.

Actually, I think very few hate him... more people hate Selphie or Zell, I love those two, but I've heard alot saying they don't...

Asura
06-09-2005, 03:43 AM
I actually hear the majority of people hating Rinoa...

I only thought Zell was kind of annoying. That's because he's like one of those kids in my classes who I just want to SMACK in order to get them to shut uuuuup! :mad2:

But I didn't hate Zell...
He was actually sort of amusing.
Well, the interaction between him and Seifer is amusing at least. :tongue:

Slade
06-09-2005, 07:33 AM
Squall was awsome......he is one my favorite main characters from any of the FF's (the others would be Zidane and Terra) and he would probably be (along with Quistis and Selphie) my favorite charcter in the game, so no, i dont hate him :D

DreamingOfDreams
06-09-2005, 12:36 PM
He's cool, apart from at the begining when he's really cold, and most people like him, but there are those that don't. I can't see why not.

Kamiko
06-09-2005, 04:45 PM
Personally I'm a Zell fan but I love Squall aswell. About the only character I DON'T like is that stupid Mayor of FH.

DreamingOfDreams
06-09-2005, 04:48 PM
OMG, he is so damn annoying! :mad2:

Kamiko
06-09-2005, 05:04 PM
Blah blah blah.... peace and harmony.... *yawns and blows the geezers head off*

DreamingOfDreams
06-09-2005, 05:20 PM
POW!!! Blow his butt to the sky!

Kamiko
06-09-2005, 05:24 PM
Crazy old coot.
But, back on topic, Squall rox my sox, because he's very deep. Like an empty well. :fpexdee:

Momiji
06-10-2005, 03:39 AM
Shame on you for hating Squall. He happens to be my favorite, lol... I personally found myself hating Zell, 'cause he's soooo annoying! (*Waits to be punched by Zell fans*) I personally found myself relating to Squall in many ways.

Kamiko
06-10-2005, 03:41 AM
I'm a Zell fan but I respect your opinion.
For some odd reason.

Imperia
06-10-2005, 08:14 AM
I used to like Squall, but then his attitude really got to me. He's cold, stoic, and rude. I don't like that in a man. His feelings for Rinoa were fickle too (kind of like how she was with him and Seifer). At first, he can't stand her, then all of a sudden, he loves her. It doesn't really make sense.

I'm not too fond of Rinoa either, but I applaud her for getting on Squall's back about being a jerk. Good for her.

-Loki-
06-10-2005, 12:07 PM
I hate Squall because he has Rinoa and he is one lucky bastard! :D

Drift
06-10-2005, 12:30 PM
i dont like him cause he has the lionheart

Rusty
06-10-2005, 01:51 PM
I don't hate Squall. Or any of the other characters in FFVIII, period.

DreamingOfDreams
06-10-2005, 05:35 PM
Zell and Selphie are all right. I don't really hate any of the characters all the time, thought there are some points I would like to kill them all.

I Don't Need A Name
06-10-2005, 05:36 PM
because he acts like a moody teenager

Zanius
06-10-2005, 05:58 PM
Personally, I like Squall. He remembers me long time ago: cold and unfriendly. I didn't like people at all but with the passage of time I start to change some of my behaviour. But still Squall is my favourite character. :D

People may hate him, because of his "lone wolf personality" or thinking that he's a cold guy... but deep inside he is a good person. :D :D

DreamingOfDreams
06-10-2005, 10:24 PM
Go to this web address! It had lots of funny ff pics! www.anime.101main.com/mika/ fun/humor/humorpics4.html if that dosn't work, use this one - http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://anime.101main.com/mika/fun/humor/images/FinalFantasy/8-deovi-qisirv.jpg&imgrefurl=http://anime.101main.com/mika/fun/humor/humorpics4.html&h=770&w=524&sz=145&tbnid=SLIud4douaYJ:&tbnh=141&tbnw=95&hl=en&start=187&prev=/images%3Fq%3DFinal%2BFantasy%2B8%26start%3D180%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DN

Shadowdust
06-14-2005, 07:42 AM
because he acts like a moody teenager

So perceptive... :rolleyes2

i dont like him cause he has the lionheart

Such a well thought out reason.

I'm actually surprised to see so many folks on Squall's side. I remember when everyone hated Squall and only a few of us would defend him. Curious.

I really enjoyed Squall's character. Though it may only be a few hours to us in gameplay, these characters are developing for month or possibly years in their time. Squall just has a lot of walls that he's built to protect himself from the world. The guy has serious abandonment issues. Perhaps that would be why he became so attached to Raine at the orphanage. I found his relationship with Rinoa somewhat interesting. It seemed like the walls that he put up, so many others just accepted. They probably though he was rude or cold. It seems Rinoa wouldn't accept that this is the man he was though. Perhaps she saw something he didn't. In a way, I guess she helped in drawing out the real Squall.

Hexarar
06-14-2005, 10:43 AM
Hey, come on. Just think about it. Who likes a moody teenager who loves being blunt and annoying?
Seifer was lot like him, but at least he seemed like he was about to LIVE his life, not just walk through it saying "...Whatever." half the time.

He was so annoying when refused to shake Zell's hand, when he didn't care about Quistis feelings and worries, when he "cheers up" Selphie so awkwardly... only Irvine was saved of his bad attitude, I think!
That's it!

Lainehart
06-14-2005, 04:44 PM
Squall is absoludle-fricking-awesome! Final Fantasy VIII was my first FF game, and my first RPG altogether... and the one person that stood out to me and really intrigued me was Squall, his personality develops so much over the course of the game and he emerges as more of a leader and friend than even he thought he was capable of.

People say he's too cold or too moody... or too quiet and boring... people say a lot of things... but the fact that he could lose all that and become who he was by the end of FFVIII says a lot about him.

As for Zell... man that guy gets on my nerves, I mean I don't hate him - he can be quite amusing... but he just gets on my nerves so bad sometimes...

lol, well I've gone on long enough

Zanius
06-15-2005, 09:21 AM
Go to this web address! It had lots of funny ff pics! www.anime.101main.com/mika/ fun/humor/humorpics4.html if that dosn't work, use this one - http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://anime.101main.com/mika/fun/humor/images/FinalFantasy/8-deovi-qisirv.jpg&imgrefurl=http://anime.101main.com/mika/fun/humor/humorpics4.html&h=770&w=524&sz=145&tbnid=SLIud4douaYJ:&tbnh=141&tbnw=95&hl=en&start=187&prev=/images%3Fq%3DFinal%2BFantasy%2B8%26start%3D180%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DN

Hey! Those websites are awesome! I love it! :lol:

JulioA
06-15-2005, 11:04 PM
I didnt know people hated him. Hes a cool guy, allright with me.

Monol
06-16-2005, 12:49 AM
Actually i liked squall...he is one my fav. main characters in the FF series (next to zidane)...now at first i didnt really find him special..."Hey i dont care about anyone" and the whole "loner" image wasnt to original in my opinion...but then there was that..."deep" side to him...and thats what made him special...and thats what i liked...infact one of his statments changed my life..(or at least my perspective on pepole) now im not sure what it was word for word but it went somthing like this......"There is no such thing as a good guy or a bad guy, just two pepole in a disagreement" and i was like "wow...that is...absolutly TRUE!!..THIS GUYS AWSOME!!" and from then on Squall earned his way into the "I cant hate a character in FF because i love FF" book...and will forever remain there till this day :cool:

Kilrane
06-16-2005, 04:08 AM
the exact quote is
“Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There’s no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views.”- Squall (FFVIII)

squall is one of my favorite character in all video games. yup he even beats mario and ryu. i really liked him more in the beginning when he wanted to be all alone cuz at the time i had just moved to a new city and i felt the same way. we both matured and grew up at the same time. now i am a leader to all the soccer teams at my school and have many friends. the only thing missing for me to be anymore like squall is a scar across my face.

DreamingOfDreams
06-16-2005, 04:39 PM

Hey! Those websites are awesome! I love it! :lol:

Good! I just laughed and laughed and laughed! :D

Delta
06-16-2005, 05:36 PM
These threads have gotta stop....

Shadowdust
06-17-2005, 06:32 AM
Well no one is forcing you to click on the thread link. Besides, there wouldn't be much left to a FFVIII forum if these kinds of threads weren't here.

Dark Disciple
06-18-2005, 03:06 AM
Everyone hates squall because he died on the last boss and left zell to finish the job. That FLIPPPIN IDIOT

Sweet Beloved
06-18-2005, 03:56 AM
i just don't like his attitude towards things. but he's hot. :) i don't like Rinoa either. don't ask why.
Flippin idiot....lol....that's funny... :D :p

ehsteve
06-18-2005, 06:23 AM
I don't like Squall because he is such a self righteous wimp who is afraid to have a personality. The only part of the game where I liked him was near the end of disc 1 when he was talking Irvine into taking the shot. By the time he showed up in disc 2, however, he was back to his usual annoying self.

Lainehart
06-18-2005, 04:54 PM
Squall isn't afraid to have a personality, he's just misunderstood, and as a result of feeling that nobody understands - he backs off a bit and doesn't show much of his real side. And I mean, c'mon... he's not as bad as his brothers, the stupid whiney elephant and the psychotic strongman... hold on, ehsteve threw me off there ;)

ehsteve
06-18-2005, 11:44 PM
It is really sad how much cooler Strong Bad is than Squall.

Save_the_Queen
06-19-2005, 02:44 AM
That smile was cute and so heart melting ^_~

I thought it was kinda creepy myself...*shivers*

Sweet Beloved
06-19-2005, 02:49 AM
Okay....so, Squall's smile was a little creepy. I gues it was cause i've never seen him smile like that....or at all. But, he was an ok guy. i guess he needed to loosen up. Strong Bad....I'm not sure who that is.

MushroomZOMBIE
06-19-2005, 03:07 AM
Yes,Squall was a misunderstood,sad,sad child.......:eep:He always wanted to be alone,until he found someone he could be with.........hey,I was NEARLY the same when I had my first day at my new school this year!!!!!!! (except nicer.........)
I thought when Squall smiled at the end was cute.Like he finally came out of his hole. :)

Lady Selphie
06-19-2005, 08:15 AM
I don`t see any peoblem about Squall`s characters. I like him because he is my favourite character, so don`t worry i don`t hate him:D

Lainehart
06-19-2005, 01:56 PM
Strong Bad may be cooler than Squall attitude-wise, but I'm not really into the whole boxing-glove-hands-it's-not-a-mask-it's-my-real-head kinda thing... I am so including Strong Bad in my RPG... and he can be kicking the crap outta Zell and Wakka :D

LionHeart_83
06-20-2005, 06:45 PM
I like him, he's a strong silent type.

Smarty_Arty
06-22-2005, 04:07 PM
I like Squall he kinda reminds me of myself :D. But I still like Cloud better.

CaladBolgLionHeart
07-20-2005, 03:57 AM
1: Squall hooks up with Rinoa at the game's end. That's cool.
2: He owns a gunblade, DO YOU own a GUNBLADE?
3: Who the **** hates Squall anyway?

Christmas
07-20-2005, 03:16 PM
Squall is fine and he got this cool statement:

“Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There’s no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views.”- Squall (FFVIII)

MJN SEIFER
07-20-2005, 05:28 PM
ike him he's ver realistic for a fantasy game. I felt sorry for him that hefelt so alone he got "Used to it" and then Rinoa appeared and he actually started caring for somone other than himself was touching.

assemblage
07-25-2005, 09:34 PM
i think Squall's cool....he's a little hard to put up with in the beginning of the game, but god knows i'm like that sometimes, heh heh i find it hard to dislike a character unless they're absolutely annoying. the only time i remember that happening lately is last night when i was playing...::flashback:: it was right after Squall and Irvine had killed those things that attacked Rinoa during the Sorceress Parade. Rinoa was clinging to Squall and was like "i was scared! i was really scared! i was really, really scared!" i like her the rest of the time, but at that point, it was like honestly, if Squall doesn't respond after the first 'i was scared', what makes you think he would respond to the rest of them?

i wanted to slap her.

then hug her for being so courageous for trying to put the bangle on Edea ^^;;

Dreddz
07-25-2005, 10:00 PM
I hate squall for being a push over
he may be tough, but everyone walks over him

MJN SEIFER
07-26-2005, 01:02 PM
i think Squall's cool....he's a little hard to put up with in the beginning of the game, but god knows i'm like that sometimes, heh heh i find it hard to dislike a character unless they're absolutely annoying. the only time i remember that happening lately is last night when i was playing...::flashback:: it was right after Squall and Irvine had killed those things that attacked Rinoa during the Sorceress Parade. Rinoa was clinging to Squall and was like "i was scared! i was really scared! i was really, really scared!" i like her the rest of the time, but at that point, it was like honestly, if Squall doesn't respond after the first 'i was scared', what makes you think he would respond to the rest of them?

i wanted to slap her.

then hug her for being so courageous for trying to put the bangle on Edea ^^;;

I loved that scene that's when I KNEW that Squall and Rinoa where going to "Match up" later.

NeoTifa
07-26-2005, 05:33 PM
squally squall ist luv luv

thw waxing moon
07-27-2005, 12:27 PM
[QUOTE=Lainehart]Squall is absoludle-fricking-awesome! Final Fantasy VIII was my first FF game, and my first RPG altogether... and the one person that stood out to me and really intrigued me was Squall, his personality develops so much over the course of the game and he emerges as more of a leader and friend than even he thought he was capable of.QUOTE]

he remided's me of me being cold and misteris
and that he finaly gets it togeater with Rinoa at the end also remdes me of the first time i told em that i loved her both falling in to each outers arms :rolleyes2

Rinoa_Heartillly
07-28-2005, 06:55 PM
I love Squall, but I think I can understand why some hate him. He thinks too much at times and is in his little world of depression of his emotions and his past. But I think a slient guy and thinks alot is kinda hot. :D

assemblage
07-29-2005, 11:42 PM
I love Squall, but I think I can understand why some hate him. He thinks too much at times and is in his little world of depression of his emotions and his past. But I think a slient guy and thinks alot is kinda hot.

yeah, i must admit, it is kinda hot....it sorta wears off though when you yourself start thinking in parathensis.....

* White Aeris *
07-30-2005, 02:09 PM
i don't hate him it's just he is mean to Laguna! "MEANIE!" ;)

Silver Valentines
07-31-2005, 03:57 AM
I like him, he reminds me of someone I used to be close to actually, so there is no way I could hate him. I didn't really dislike any character in this game actually.

neosephiroth
07-31-2005, 04:07 AM
I was just talking to girl and she said she had just found 105 pictures of Squall. O_O I think SOMEONE likes him....lol

Kiana Artemis
07-31-2005, 05:16 AM
I don't hate Squall....even though he's not always very considerate, I think he's cool. But he does have this uncanny resemblance to my brother-(please don't ask me why, he just does).

Squall's Gal
08-05-2005, 06:28 PM
I love Squall, hence the username ;)

but seriously he was conditioned to be the way he is by life and the way he grew up, we see that before anyone in the game, and he opens up through out the game, he's a great guy he's just a little lost at the start. I love squall!!

sparkie
08-05-2005, 08:56 PM
I like him because he's not the typical hero. He's flawed and that makes him real and relatable. I don't know why some people say his character flat and boring. Whatever. So he wasn't the typical, hyper "Yes let's save the world for the good of mankind!" dude but that's what makes him so unique. Man I hated Tidus...

And you gotta admit, he does grow on ya even if he seems like a bastard at first. Right right?? :D Who can resist that smile at the end?

auronfan1
08-10-2005, 07:35 PM
no squall is the man his gun blade is the best

MoonLight-Selphie
08-10-2005, 08:21 PM
i love squall i just wish he didn't have to seem so cold at first

Skyblade
08-11-2005, 07:35 AM
I like Squall for two main reasons. The first is that he acts much the way I do (though for totally different reasons). Second, because I understand the way he works, and he really is a guy who is worthy of respect (even if he is a total idiot in social situations).

G SpOtZ
08-11-2005, 08:35 AM
i didn't like or dislike squall. he has a complex that just annoys me. but that's just cuz of his personality, i like him as a fighter in the game because he's my strongest attacker and magic user, and summoner. and drawer. and everything else. i guess i just don't take good care of the rest of my team... they're all way weaker than him XD i probably don't even need them cuz they're so weak. there's a challenge, replay the game with just one character: you have to kill off you're other characters at the beginning lol now that would get tough, wasting two turns...