PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Classic Video Games.

Rostum
06-09-2005, 02:34 AM
What is your favourite classic video games and why?

Pick from which ever old school system you would like.
i.e. Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Sega Master System, Sega Genesis (Megadrive), Sega Satarn, etc.

SomethingBig
06-09-2005, 02:36 AM
Nintendo: Star Tropics
Super Nintendo: There are too many
Genesis: Gunstar Heroes

ChaosCalibur
06-09-2005, 02:37 AM
Rockman, what else :\ You don't need a reason to like it...

kikimm
06-09-2005, 02:41 AM
Duck. Hunter.

Totally awesome.

:D

GooeyToast
06-09-2005, 02:46 AM
NES: Mega Man (so much fun), Castlevania (gothic metroid is sweet)

SNES: FF (because it's FF) Mega Man X (awesome awesome gameplay & attacks), Super Metroid (incredible music & free-roaming kicked ass!), Earthbound (one of the more original RPG's ever made), LOZ LtP (it's Zelda.....on the SNES.)

Chibi Angel
06-09-2005, 02:52 AM
Duck. Hunter.

Totally awesome.

:D
Duck hunt was the best!

For super NES I liked the secret of Evermore

RedCydranth
06-09-2005, 03:10 AM
Old Schol games.. Ah yes.. my childhood. ny NES and I had much fun with Star Tropics. Dragon Warrior 1-4 were fun too. Shadowgate and Deja Vu were cool. Fire n' Ice was a great challenge. Zelda 1 and 2... Metroid, Princess Tomato and the Salad Kingdom, Crystalis, Ufouria and Wizardry were all great. Kirby was awesome too.

SNES I had the Breath of Fires, Twisted Tales of Spike McFang,Secret of Mana and Secret of Mana were great. They should make those for PS1, seriously...

N64 is old school? I'm old... Zelda64, Mario64, GoldenEye... Good fun..

Genesis, well i was the ONLY one in my family to own a genesis. I played Shining Force I and II, Great series... Phantasy Star 4, a shame I never played the earlier ones. I have them for game boy somewhere now that I think of it. Sonic 1,2 and 3 i had. Um... Sonic Pinball too. I have those all in a Sonic collection for gamecube now. There was another game Im trying to remember I had.. You played an alladin looking guy who controlled genies, It was wicked fun. I wish I could remem.. Beyond Oasis... Darn my oldness. memories going... Thats it. beyond oasis. Fun game.

Yep, I played craploads more games but those are what my old brain is remembering now....

black orb
06-09-2005, 03:15 AM
>>> When I was a kid I used to play arcades..

"Xaind Sleena" old arcade by Technos,
"Tumblepop" old arcade by Data East,
"Hammerin Harry" old arcade by Irem,
"Pang" games I guess they are from Capcom,
"Gradius" games by Konami.

Yeah, those were good times.. :cry:

Germ Hamee
06-09-2005, 03:29 AM
Donkey Kong Country. I have yet to run across another platformer that left me as giddy as that series did. I'm also pretty sure that Donkey Kong 64 is the game that made me lose all faith I had in Nintendo.

And Out of this World! OMG that game was hard for my little brain.

Erdrick Holmes
06-09-2005, 04:24 AM
Super Street Fighter II Turbo

Shlup
06-09-2005, 04:31 AM
On Atari I used to play this RPG where you were a little yellow square and you had to kill the giant red square (dragon) in the middle of the maze. I ruled that game. I can't remember the name today though.

My favorite NES game was Duck Hunt.

ljkkjlcm9
06-09-2005, 06:11 AM
Oh man there were all sorts of great old games...

on my intellivision I played Lock and Chase, which was like pac-man...

NES there were a bunch, Crystalis was good, as was ShadowGate, both mentioned earlier. Trog was a fun game, as were the TMNT games. Duck Tales was a great one, and Thunder and Lightning was good fun. I know there were tons more, but ones like StarTropics and Duck Hunt are gonna be said a ton, as will Zelda, mario, metroid, megaman, FF, Dragon Warrior, Castlevania, Bomberman.... you know, all the big games still today...

SNES was by far the best system ever created, though the GBA is close cause of all the ports, plus it has a lot of the Genisis games as well. SNES classics would be like... Illusions of Gaia, Super Mario RPG, a lot of the series from the NES I named, Star Fox, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Lufia, F-Zero, Mortal Kombat and many more....

Genesis had great games too.... Sonic, Shining Force, Phantasy Star, MK also.... I don't know, there aren't that many that come directly to mind except those I just named...

I don't know really, there are just sooo many great classic games, and apparently many of them may be downloadable for the Nintendo Revolution!!!

THE JACKEL

Shoeberto
06-09-2005, 06:14 AM
On Atari I used to play this RPG where you were a little yellow square and you had to kill the giant red square (dragon) in the middle of the maze. I ruled that game. I can't remember the name today though.
Pretty sure you're thinking of Adventure. It was parodied in Homestar Runner in the SB e-mail about video games.

Zelda: LttP or Super Metroid. Castlevania was pretty badass, too.

Xander
06-09-2005, 10:40 AM
Ghostbusters and Buggy Boy on the C64! Because...Ghostbusters was fun and I never stopped dancing to the theme tune while playing...and Buggy Boy was just probably the first racing game I ever played and I had a lot of fun with it ^_^