PDA

View Full Version : Name a True RPG

lordblazer
06-09-2005, 04:35 AM
When I say True RPG .I mean were you start out in a world in which you develop your character and you have choices and basicly complete freedom.Whatever you do has an outcome for your character.An RPG that is similar to D&D.

1.Morrowind-This game is incredible and is widely over looked PC and xbox RPG! Literally an RPG that set a standard that still hasn't been met but the RPG fans who play there "playable anime"which they are fun but they aren't really truly RPGs due to the fact that the storyline is layed out and you dont have a choice to follow the storyline or not.ok back to morrowind.You get a choice to follow the main storyline or join a guild and build your way to the top.You can also just say screw it all and go out on your own and set your own goals such as killing off every single person in the gaming world.Or it can be making pilgramages to sacred sites.Or you can map off the entire world.The thing that makes morrowind amazing is the massiveness and the absolute freedom.HAs the greatest magic system I have ever seen very creative.

When you start off in this game you choose your race and class and you can either choose your class from a list,take a quiz,or create your class.Now once you're out you're on your own.And its really intimidating.
So much scary that many people do quit while a lot there carry on.This is a true RPG fans game!So flexible so fun.

NAme a true RPG(can be online MMORPG the rules for that is the game can't seem like one big chore.)

Shlup
06-09-2005, 04:41 AM
The best I can think of are Neverwinter Nights (based on D&D) and Guild Wars. Both are very versitile and you take that role and actually play through a story with at least a reasonable amount of freedom.

Lich3636
06-09-2005, 04:52 AM
Fable

Shlup
I haven't played Fable. Please elaborate.

Shoeberto
"True" RPGs should technically be based off the D20 system, since D&D is the true origin of RPGs.

Morrowind is a fine example.

Samuraid
06-09-2005, 05:08 AM
The best I can think of are Neverwinter Nights (based on D&D) and Guild Wars. Both are very versitile and you take that role and actually play through a story with at least a reasonable amount of freedom.

NWN is definitely one of the best examples. :)

WarZidane
06-09-2005, 04:05 PM
Best i can think of would be World of Warcraft.
Choosing a race, class and looks, then having complete freedom in a pretty big world. Some of the things you do also affect your reputation with factions.

theundeadhero
06-09-2005, 04:08 PM
The Fallout series on PC.

"True" RPGs should technically be based off the D20 system, since D&D is the true origin of RPGs.
Damn Wizards of the coast. WE WANT TO TSR VERSIONS!

Mercen-X
06-09-2005, 04:33 PM
You'll most likely disagree, but . . . GTA:SA.

Sepho
06-09-2005, 05:09 PM
You guys took my example with Neverwinter Nights. It more or less is DnD, with a pretty layer of graphics.

Dreddz
06-09-2005, 06:34 PM
Dark Chronicle

Shoeberto
06-09-2005, 06:38 PM
The Fallout series on PC.
Damn, yeah, forgot Fallouts. Which reminds me of Star Wars: KOTOR.

Madame Adequate
06-09-2005, 07:23 PM
You'll most likely disagree, but . . . GTA:SA.

That's... actually a darn good observation. Though I wouldn't say there's enough freedom in the story itself to constitute this claim, all the other stuff you can do it expansive.

I would say Morrowind is tops. Oblivion <3 *Imaptience*

Star Wars KOTOR isn't bad like that.

NWN is good, too.

Fallout is possibly the best non-TES though. Even though it can be limiting, the sheer amazingness of the game makes up for it in infinite ways.

Fable should have been, but ended up being merely a pretty fun hack and slash game.

lordblazer
06-10-2005, 02:16 AM
I heard a new addition to the Elder Scrolls Series is coming out soon.

Meat Puppet
06-10-2005, 03:55 AM
oblivion
I'd lose all my money upgrading my pc to run it but I recently made a discovery that I hate rpg.

Spammerman
06-11-2005, 04:32 AM
CURSE whoever picked W.O.W. is true crime considered a rpg, cause u can t watever or whoever u want and it has a outcome on your character, also you have to improve your character.

Cruise Control
06-11-2005, 04:40 AM
Lufia

lordblazer
06-11-2005, 06:16 AM
CURSE whoever picked W.O.W. is true crime considered a rpg, cause u can t watever or whoever u want and it has a outcome on your character, also you have to improve your character.
yeah people think rpgs is jsut restricted to ancient and medeval times but it isn't modern period RPGs are just fine.

I would also like to name the game Lineage 2 it has awesome PP2P go onthe gustin server and youu'll have a safe stable lvling up and castle siege!!

Spammerman
06-12-2005, 03:18 AM
WAt about Jak games and rathcet and clank games, o yea Go Samnurai Champloo

auronova
03-20-2006, 01:16 PM
Elder scrolls IV Oblivion comes out on the 24th March 2006 in the uk which as gotta be as close to a true RPG as i can think of

eestlinc
03-20-2006, 03:27 PM
In nine months you can have a baby. In nine months we can have a new thread.