PDA

View Full Version : Most Believable Character

MAS82587
06-09-2005, 04:43 AM
of all the main characters in the most recent final fantasys, that seem to have some sort of personality, who do u think acts like a real person the most? who acts the way people really do? who responds the way people do?
my vote has to go to tidus. tidus held in his emotion sometimes, went crazy at other times, and just had sort of an aura around him that made me feel like he was someone i actually knew. im curious to hear what u guys think.
vote, and leave a message of why you voted that way.
Thanks

actually mods, could you please move this poll to the general board?
thanks

Please don't double post, you can use the edit/delete button, I'll move this for you..=) ~ Xander

Raven Nox
06-09-2005, 06:00 AM
I voted Zidane, because a lot of the guys I know act like him... :sweatdrop

Tai-Ti
06-09-2005, 12:29 PM
i was tossing up between Tidus and Zidane, but i chose Tidus in the end, just cause i seriously think he acts like a real person, and dose what a real person dose, im pritty sure there were a few moments when it was obcious Zidane was totaly make-believe...BaH, hard to explain i guess

crazybayman
06-09-2005, 12:35 PM
Personality wise, I'd have to say Tidus, for the same reasons stated by MAS82587.

However for their background I'd have to say Squall. Tidus being a dream, Cloud being a clone, Terra being an Esper, and Zidane being an alien are all very unbelievable. Squall's background story of being an orphan is much more believable. Of course it is Final Fantasy, and all things in this game are Sci-Fi, but we are for the moment relating the characters to real life.

Squall's personality is not quite as real as Tidus, as Squall's keeping everything to himself is similar to a child with Autism or some other disorder (not that such disorders are unbelievable, however for an elite fighting mercenary to have that kind of disorder is), but his background certainly is more believable.

Primus Inter Pares
06-09-2005, 01:47 PM
Squall obviously, a self hating and untrusting teenager. What's not to believe?

Tai-Ti
06-09-2005, 01:57 PM
you have a point...

ThroneofDravaris
06-09-2005, 03:23 PM
Tidus, because I could just imagine a Japanese guy getting into a bizarre and illogical game like Blitz Ball

DHEvil
06-09-2005, 03:43 PM
E nalguh Detic fyc tavehydamo y syzunmo naym tita, ymdruikr fyc duu kenmo du pa megaypma

ThroneofDravaris
06-09-2005, 03:46 PM
E nalguh Detic fyc tavehydamo y syzunmo naym tita, ymdruikr fyc duu kenmo du pa megaypma

yht dra naycuh oui vamd dra haat du fneda dryd eh Ym-Prat fyc?

DHEvil
06-09-2005, 03:55 PM
Rao, Vehym Vyhdyco vunis nekrd? Yht pacetac, FRO E fnuda eh Ym Prat ec uvv dubel. Cunno!

Alexander
06-09-2005, 04:22 PM
Stop the Al Bhed, please o.o

And I voted Zidane. Pimping, self-trusting guy > teen angsty, self-hater guy.

Squall is SO lame. Hem'd never be beliavable.

I'd vote Tidus as well... but he doesn't exist. XD

I Don't Need A Name
06-09-2005, 06:37 PM
i chose Squall (even though i hate him) because he is moody and most people of his age are (unless they're drunk)

Dreddz
06-09-2005, 06:41 PM
I voted Tidus due to him being more normal, he crys and questions what the hell is going on, while the other characters are more cocky and brute, but this dosent mean I like Tidus the most, Cloud is the best even if he a fake/wannabe

TurkSlayer
06-09-2005, 06:55 PM
Squall's background is by far the most believable. Besides, I appearently have his personality. All these internet quizzes say so.... Whatever...

RedCydranth
06-09-2005, 07:24 PM
Terra wasn't the main character of FFVI. There wasn't a main character, it was the party as a whole that was the main character.

Anyhow i voted Zidane because he showed real emotions. Tidus did too, but i think he was too overboard with his emotions, whereas Zidane was right on, IMO.

ShunNakamura
06-09-2005, 07:57 PM
I went with Squall(only ones I was familar with were Terra, Cloud and Squall).

Squall acts alot like several people I know(though far from exactly), as for the closest match. Well If Squall was a tad more loose he and I would be near clones in how we act. I even say "whatever" alot :P and always have.

RedCydranth
06-10-2005, 02:21 AM
Whatever.

Gwelenguchenkus
06-10-2005, 03:41 AM
Squall is the only one that's 100% human, instead of being a genome, a dream, half esper, or a freak injected with cells/mako that alter physique and whatnot.

Also, Squall has a personality I can understand, I know people like that.

Why is it that with polls, no matter what the question is, it always becomes a popularity contest? Keep in mind that regardless of whether you 'hate' squall, if he is the most believable then pick him. Polls with questions seems to lean towards popularity [to some extent] even when that's not what the question asks, it seems.

Just a theory of mine.

Imperia
06-10-2005, 08:18 AM
Tidus, IMO, was the most realistic. He acted just as any real-life person would do in his situation. Zidane was pretty real too. Squall and Cloud, to me, were unreal, because they showed very little emotion, and doing so is not very possible. Many quiet, distant people are a lot more warm, but they were just too cold to be real. As for Terra, she was real in her own way, I guess. With all her feelings of loneliness and confusion. She wanted to know what love really was, and that was pretty real too.

Delta
06-10-2005, 11:02 PM
Squall, he react's to thing's very well E.G:When the party (Spoiler) thought seifer died he didn't want to die so he went slightly crazy.

Destai
06-10-2005, 11:13 PM
Squall, he react's to thing's very well E.G:When the party (Spoiler) thought seifer died he didn't want to die so he went slightly crazy.I thought that was unrealistic and over reacting.

Chris
06-10-2005, 11:26 PM
Of the listed ones, I'd pick Cloud.
He's just so lovable, even though he's literally a sex-o-matic Venus freak.

Destai
06-10-2005, 11:39 PM
Venus freak? Cloud shaves his legs!? ( LOL )

Necronopticous
06-11-2005, 12:24 AM
Zidane.

Lord Chainsaw
06-11-2005, 03:54 AM
Tidus, which is why he is also one of my favorite main characters.

Zante
06-11-2005, 04:18 PM
I voted Tidus, althrought Squall comes as a close second.

Del Murder
06-11-2005, 07:05 PM
Tidus actually whines and cries, is in denial about his problems, and keeps things from his girl. That's pretty human right there.

Raven Nox
06-12-2005, 12:16 AM
Tidus, IMO, was the most realistic. He acted just as any real-life person would do in his situation. Zidane was pretty real too. Squall and Cloud, to me, were unreal, because they showed very little emotion, and doing so is not very possible. Many quiet, distant people are a lot more warm, but they were just too cold to be real. As for Terra, she was real in her own way, I guess. With all her feelings of loneliness and confusion. She wanted to know what love really was, and that was pretty real too.

Actually, it is very possible to be as cold as they were, if not colder, it's just rare.

My name is...something..?
06-12-2005, 02:24 AM
Tidus.
Lots of emotion being let off by him.

ShivaBlizzard8
06-12-2005, 04:23 AM
Tidus, definately. Of all of those characters, his emotional journey is the most realistic:
He has abandonment issues with his dad for understandable reasons and a believable need to prove himself. He doesn't except strange occurances (such as ending up in an entirely new world?) at face value, has an understandable sense of morals and questions those who disagree, denies uncomfotable truths but then works through them, can be hurt, and actually builds a gradual relationship with the other main character that doesn't feel forced.

Terra is awesome, but a little too wierd to be realistic.

Cloud is probably the next most realistic, but he's so screwed up its hard to tell.

Squall's situation and teenage-based attitude seems forced at many times and does a complete 360 halfway through the game for little apparent reason.

Zidane, although I like him and love FF9, never made much sense to me. I never really got the whole Gaia/Terra story, and for a guy with a tail who is really a cornhusk, he seems a little too well-adjusted. :p

Faith
06-12-2005, 07:00 AM
Since Terra changes colors and flew around naked, Cloud cross dresses, Squall likes pain (doesn't he get beat up a lot in the game? been a while since I played) and Zidane has a tail and resembles a woman, I would have to say....
Tidus.
Emotionally-wise, I would say all of them. I mean, I would react the same way in just about all of the situations that these characters have been through.

Word to your mother.

kawaiileena
06-12-2005, 03:33 PM
I vote for Zidane. Even though he is in a world of where most don't exist (Tails, Frog that talks, living rats, etc.), he is a very laid-back character. I know people that has a similar personality as him: has a sense of humor, laid-back, doesn't take certain things TOO seriously and others. To me and to my point of view, he's very believable and realistic. :D

black orb
06-12-2005, 07:43 PM
>>> Tidus, he was just too real for a FF main Character/Hero..

ughhis
06-12-2005, 08:58 PM
Everyone acts like "people" do.
There are quite many of those.

cloud held in his emotion sometimes, went crazy at other times, and just had sort of an aura around him that made me feel like he was someone i actually knew.
terra held in her emotion sometimes, went crazy at other times, and just had sort of an aura around her that made me feel like she was someone i actually knew.
tidus held in his emotion sometimes, went crazy at other times, and just had sort of an aura around him that made me feel like he was someone i actually knew.
zidane held in his emotion sometimes, went crazy at other times, and just had sort of an aura around him that made me feel like he was someone i actually knew.
squall held in his emotion sometimes, went crazy at other times, and just had sort of an aura around him that made me feel like he was someone i actually knew.

Everyone. And I don't think Tidus is in any way "more real" than the rest of them. They are simply different. Tidus whines and screams his feelings for you, so he seems to feel "more" whatever. :exdee:

I'm a nice person, by the way. :fpcow:

Armisael
06-12-2005, 09:14 PM
My vote to Tidus!

Dr. Casey
06-16-2005, 08:14 PM
I don't really get why Cloud is stereotyped as being cold and unfeeling. I mean, he really doesn't act that way past the early parts of the game. Hell, he even says "I trust everyone" at one point. XD

Zidane definitely reminds me of some people I know, although he's ridiculously experienced given his age. When you first go to Burmecia, he says that he'd been there a few years before... so what, he was 12 or 13 and going on all sorts of grand adventures? At first I figured he was in his early 20's...

Griever00
06-23-2005, 10:00 PM
Squall cause well he's a teen and a lot of teens act sorta like him, not exactley though. He was an easy to develop character so that says a lot.Tidus is a little too cheery to be real. He wasn't anyways... (based on Shuyin). Cloud is kinda like Squall but less cruel.

Sarkis
06-23-2005, 10:03 PM
I vote Could I dont think hes a sterotype I feel he was a very balivable guy even more so considering his past. Hes only angsty at the beginning and eventualy he does care about the planit. Squall on the otherhand is IMO a little TO angsty but still not bad. Tidus however is IMO a terrible Charicter. hes very childish the way i see him. I allmost wish Auren was the hero of ffX lol.

Cruise Control
06-23-2005, 10:14 PM
Tidus, he's almost completely normal!

theoryonlyworksintheory
06-30-2005, 07:13 AM
Squall was the most believable. Self-Loathing teenager? c'mon and the whole outbreak thing when Seifer died. What do you think he'd do? If you have that kind of weird hate/but i secretly think your my equal situation goin on your probably gonna go alittle crazy. Zidane was a joke, he was way to uber happy most of the time and he's a monkey clone thing from another planet!!!!!

kikimm
06-30-2005, 07:23 PM
Squall. I'm not going to bother to explain why, becaue I'll just get a lot of over-used arguments. :monster:

:D

boys from the dwarf
07-28-2005, 02:15 PM
sqall.

ljkkjlcm9
07-28-2005, 08:33 PM
Squall by far. He grew up and the one person he loved and cared for at the orphanage left him, so he felt alone and learned to rely completely on his own. Realizing that life isn't always fair, you need to be direct to get the answers you want, and not really complaining about life just taking it as it is and whatever happens happens and you just live with it.

And if you think he changed all that for no reason, you've never been in love because it can dramatically change any person, and that's what happened to him.

THE JACKEL