PDA

View Full Version : The wonders of video games

Hawkeye
06-09-2005, 05:32 AM
Just to start things off. I didnt think it wouldve been appropriate to put in general gaming discussion, since it leads off into a little bit different subject, but whatever.

Anyways, I was talking to some people the other night, and we were discussing the greatness of video games during our lives. We also mentioned how when back in elementry school, we would play in the morning and such, leave it on all day on pause, and come back to it in the afternoon to finish it. Then the disaster would occur; your mom would clean the house or something and accidently do something to it. You start freaking out trying to fix your nintendo, suddenly become a Mcgyver, and do wonderous things with a tack, string, and glue, and start playing again, just so you can play that one game. You probably do more work than actaully playing the damn thing.

Anyways, have you guys ever gone to great lengths to play that one video game in your early years as a child? Just become a total technician or something to play your nintendo? I know I did

The Redneck
06-09-2005, 05:38 AM
Nintendo? Hell, I think I rewired an Atari when I was eight... or at least, I tried.

Now, those were video games... Pitfall, Donkey Kong, Combat, Defender..... Good stuff.

Xander
06-09-2005, 10:31 AM
Well, I used to spend ages typing in that code into a Commodore 64 to make it run some really really simple program like displaying your name or something. Hehe, hundreds of lines of code for something stupid like that, and you had to get it all right. Awesome.

Devourment
06-09-2005, 10:47 AM
YES! I used to do that with Mario. I used to play it a bit in the morning & when I had to go to school I put it on 'Pause' & waited 'til I got back, & ironically my mum did turn it off 'cause she thought I'd left it on by accident. So then when I got back I rushed up to my room to get back on Mario to do World 3-1 or whatever it was, & to find that it was gone. I did have a lot of tantrums with my mum 'bout that, but she only wanted to save electricity.

Samuraid
06-09-2005, 11:06 AM
Well, I used to spend ages typing in that code into a Commodore 64 to make it run some really really simple program like displaying your name or something. Hehe, hundreds of lines of code for something stupid like that, and you had to get it all right. Awesome.

I remember those days. Certainly a lot of fun, that they were. :)

Meat Puppet
06-09-2005, 11:18 AM
One time a plug snapped off in the back of my Master System II so I took it outside and smashed it to pieces with a hammer and got the plug out. Does that count?

theundeadhero
06-09-2005, 11:20 AM
Unless you skipped school to play Rampage your just not cool. :p

Destai
06-09-2005, 11:21 AM
Well I left FFVIII at a friends house amd ,y dad wanted to go for a drive and I went back and got it. Im very embaressed over it now.

Yuffie514
06-10-2005, 07:45 AM
i used to play video-games from as long as 11 at night to 5 in the morning. sometimes my mom walks in, so when i hear her nearby (which isn't so hard to tell, since she shuts doors loudly), i quickly turn off the tv and pretend i'm asleep. then when the coast is clear, i'm back on!

Polyonymous
06-10-2005, 08:01 AM
i used to play video-games from as long as 11 at night to 5 in the morning. sometimes my mom walks in, so when i hear her nearby (which isn't so hard to tell, since she shuts doors loudly), i quickly turn off the tv and pretend i'm asleep. then when the coast is clear, i'm back on!

I would do that all the time too, though my mom didn't seem to care much. She would tell me to go to bed and thats about it.

I remember one time my controller to my nintendo wasn't working, so I took it apart to find that there wasn't a thing I could do about it. Though it was fun taking it apart and thinking I might be able to fix it, in the end all I got was one less controller. :(

Nakor TheBlue Rider
06-12-2005, 10:07 AM
When I was like 7 My Game Genie Got Stuck inside my nes cuz the thin black plastic that holds it on the game broke.... took my mom and I all day to get it out.... omg i was the most tweaking 7 year old ever... lol

When i was 17 My Favorite Playstation Controller Broke, So i ripped apart a diffrant Controller And Fixed My favorite one.... Which still works today... and im 21 in june.

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-12-2005, 10:16 AM
I wasn't allowed to have a video game system until Christmas when I was about five, so most of my memories of that consist of my cousins and I blowing into a Nintendo cartridge to get it to work. My first system was a Super Nintendo that worked for years. It finally died about a year ago, when I was 18. RIP SNES :cry:

Necronopticous
06-12-2005, 10:22 AM
My friends and I had an old school Nintendo party just a few weeks ago. Nothing like playing Low G Man on a big screen plasma television.