PDA

View Full Version : .HACK//SIGN

Markus. D
06-09-2005, 07:24 AM
this is awesome... its making me get addicted to watching anime/manga.

does anyone agree that its eerie.

Destai
06-09-2005, 09:09 AM
I love it. I love the music, the characters and the storyline. The problem is how slow the story is to move. They'll spend several episodes discussing what happened in the last. Its neat though and I was genuinely disgusted the videogames didnt tie in sign with the story in the last disc.

Markus. D
06-09-2005, 12:06 PM
ive only seen volume 1 of .hack//sign (login)

but ive beaten part 1 .hack//infection

its eerie, i only like 3 of the musics from the .hack//sign so far.
aqua capitol mac anu theme, the violin one that sometimes plays at dun lorieg and on some fields... and the pre credits.

WarZidane
06-09-2005, 04:22 PM
I liked it. Nice music, story and characters.
What i didn't like was the games, they're too repetitive for my liking.

Markus. D
06-10-2005, 04:09 AM
awesome.

game gets okay, you just need a purpose to play it.

ThroneofDravaris
06-10-2005, 03:46 PM
Meh, i found the first half to be really slow moving. The second half however, started to pick up speed, but then my video store didn't buy the 5th volume....

God knows I wouldn't buy it!

Destai
06-10-2005, 03:48 PM
Meh, i found the first half to be really slow moving. The second half however, started to pick up speed, but then my video store didn't buy the 5th volume....

God knows I wouldn't buy it!I bought the whole series on a 3 dvd set for about euro on ebay, give or take a few euros.

Tanwen Strife
06-10-2005, 03:56 PM
I've heard a lot about the .hack// series, all good so I thought I might give it a whirl, but where do you reacon its best to start for the poor studenty type?

Destai
06-10-2005, 04:08 PM
Well the story starts off in the anime .hack// sign which is about a boy names Tsukasa whos playing an online video game, falls into a coma while playing and cant log out of the game. This link is the dvd set I bought with the whole series on DVD. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41524&item=6401952815&rd=1
The add may say different but mine runs on NTSC so make sure you're dvd player can use NTSC (most can) Once the anime ends the story next picks up in the video games which there are four off and theyre all really just the same game but thankfully you canget them cheap and second hand easily. The first part of the games are .hack//infection http://search.ebay.co.uk/hack-infection W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8
In the games you play as a boy whos playing the online game whos friends has fallen into a coma from playing the game and is nowhere to be seen. Your character receives a bracelt from a mysterious girl in the game which is the key to saving his friend but this bracelet is the same power that put his friend in a coma. Each game has a dvd with it called .hack// liminality which is an anime showing what is happening in the real world as ypu play through the game.

Going by storyline you should play .hack// sign first, then the video games but I recommend playing .hack// infection first and after playing through the first three games then watching the anime and playing the final game. I think that makes the story the most enjoyable but thats just my op.

Resha
06-10-2005, 05:59 PM
I liked it. Nice music, story and characters.

Germ Hamee
06-10-2005, 07:21 PM
Well, it was a cool idea, but ended up being the most boring piece-a I've ever seen. I wouldn't have made it to the end if it weren't for the decent music and animation propelling it along.

Most over-rated anime ever.

Destai
06-10-2005, 07:28 PM
Well, it was a cool idea, but ended up being the most boring piece-a I've ever seen. I wouldn't have made it to the end if it weren't for the decent music and animation propelling it along.

Most over-rated anime ever.Over rated? The usual rating is interesting idea with good music and characters but slow story.

Germ Hamee
06-10-2005, 07:35 PM
Over rated? The usual rating is interesting idea with good music and characters but slow story.

Okay, over-rated in that it seems EVERY teeny-bob-anime fan (which is a good portion) seems to adore the dumb thing. It should have never earned enough money to get as far as it did.

Markus. D
06-11-2005, 05:24 AM
i have to save for a box set, because i cant find volume 2,3 etc, anywhere.