PDA

View Full Version : DEVIL MAY CRY 3

Markus. D
06-09-2005, 07:26 AM
lets discuss it.

fire_of_avalon
06-09-2005, 07:51 AM
What in particular would you like to discuss?

I haven't gotten around to playing it yet because I skipped two, and they've changed the voice actor from one, so it's very disheartening. ;_;

EDIT: Oh yeah, this belongs in Gen Gaming.

Markus. D
06-09-2005, 12:09 PM
two is not based on 1, good but not related... three is the best, its the prequal to 1... it involves dante, vergil, arkham and lady.

Drift
06-09-2005, 07:33 PM
DMC3 rawks ;)

Lindy
06-09-2005, 08:07 PM
It's good, the combat can be a lot more fluid than the first game, for example :

Stinger into a group with Rebellion, High Time one enemy, mid-air switch to Cerberus and Swing, then hop onto the fallen enemy's corpse and Crazy Ride around to attack other enemies with your guns, then flip off and end with a Helm Breaker.

Or attack enemies with Rebellion, start into a million stab combo, switch to Cerberus and use Revolver to smash the group away, then open up on them with Ebony and Ivory.

That said, the game can actually be a hell of a lot more frustrating than the first one, so I'm still not sure which of the two I enjoy more.

I think the fact that I've beaten DMC countless times and I still enjoy going back to play it, but DMC3 lays there unbeaten already is kind of a sign of how I view it.

XxSephirothxX
06-10-2005, 02:31 AM
It's one of those games where, when you do something, you're like, "Hot damn, that was awesome!" Problem is, the difficulty is great enough to make playing it almost more annoying than it's worth. It bothers me when a game can have 5 difficulty levels but still be very hard on the lower ones. Level it out, Capcom.

Lindy
06-10-2005, 03:48 AM
Capcom are like that, there is no "easy" in Capcom's books.

Or rather, there is, just it's about equivalent to very hard.

The thing is, the Japanese dislike action games, or hard ones anyway.

So, all the difficulties are usually lower, or they have lower ones available, for example the Normal in the PAL/NTSC(U) versions of DMC3 is the same as Hard in the NTSC(J) version.

Thus why DMC2 sold so well in Japan, it was just a really, really easy game.

Spammerman
06-11-2005, 04:27 AM
Is there some who wears a helmet in dmc3, because i was skimmin through a gaming magazine and saw something like it in a article about dmc3.

Markus. D
06-13-2005, 01:01 AM
i also like its music, for now, lets talk about you know when youve played to much DMC3 when.....

you walk up to someone you dont like in real life and hear taste the blood playing in the background (scared me when i heard it, it happened to me)

Zanius
06-13-2005, 09:56 AM
i also like its music, for now, lets talk about you know when youve played to much DMC3 when.....

Yeah, I agree with you! But still I think that should be more music on this game. Because you get bored, when you are facing the regular monsters and you have the music normal battle again and again...

But, yet it is an awesome game! :D

Yesterday I beat the Nevan (I guess that's her name... :confused: ... ok guys correct me on this if I'm wrong). And I got a guitar weapon! :lol: Not to mention the funny moves that Dant made as a guitar player! :lol:

I guess that game has a lot of cool action scenes and also some dark humour that gives us a special taste to make this game unique! :D

Actually, this is my first DMC. I wonder if the others DMCs are so cool like this one. I heard that people didn't like some much of DMC 2... :confused:

you walk up to someone you dont like in real life and hear taste the blood playing in the background (scared me when i heard it, it happened to me)

Yeah it's a little spooky! :eek:

Tigmafuzz
06-13-2005, 04:01 PM
i beat every dmc with ARMax cheats.

Lindy
06-13-2005, 04:14 PM
You didn't beat them, you cheated them.

kikimm
06-13-2005, 04:33 PM
Aww, come on. DMC games aren't ones that I'd like to use cheats to beat them. The experience was way more rewarding when I beat it (DMC) without cheats; I assume it's the same for the rest of the series.

I really want DMC3, but I also want to push through the second one first, whether it's crap or not. I've heard it's super easy though; funny, that.

:D

Markus. D
06-14-2005, 05:49 AM

Yeah, I agree with you! But still I think that should be more music on this game. Because you get bored, when you are facing the regular monsters and you have the music normal battle again and again...

But, yet it is an awesome game! :D

Yesterday I beat the Nevan (I guess that's her name... :confused: ... ok guys correct me on this if I'm wrong). And I got a guitar weapon! :lol: Not to mention the funny moves that Dant made as a guitar player! :lol:

I guess that game has a lot of cool action scenes and also some dark humour that gives us a special taste to make this game unique! :D

Actually, this is my first DMC. I wonder if the others DMCs are so cool like this one. I heard that people didn't like some much of DMC 2... :confused:

Yeah it's a little spooky! :eek:

the battle music in your current file will change soon.

Markus. D
06-14-2005, 05:51 AM
Aww, come on. DMC games aren't ones that I'd like to use cheats to beat them. The experience was way more rewarding when I beat it (DMC) without cheats; I assume it's the same for the rest of the series.

I really want DMC3, but I also want to push through the second one first, whether it's crap or not. I've heard it's super easy though; funny, that.

its awesome, still not a good use for wall running, nice graphics.

the second one by the way

finish it on the harder diffuculty levels...

Zanius
06-16-2005, 09:23 AM

Yup, you're right. It has changed. It's real cool but the game is getting harder... :eek: :mad:

Project G
06-16-2005, 11:06 AM
One thing I don't understand about the DMC series, where do al the girl characters go and how and why does the rebellion change in DMC2

Cless
06-16-2005, 09:23 PM
DMC3 is very tough, but very fun. When you're playing well, you feel like an absolute ass-kicking badass. Or at least I do. It's one of the few games that makes me feel "cool". :cool:

redxiiii
06-16-2005, 09:47 PM
Is DMC3 the one that is a prequal?

Cless
06-16-2005, 09:49 PM
I believe it is, yes.

Markus. D
06-16-2005, 11:31 PM

Yup, you're right. It has changed. It's real cool but the game is getting harder... :eek: :mad:

youre getting to ambitious, game hasnt even began to become hard, youll see what i mean when you get to this one certain room that freaked me out.

Markus. D
06-16-2005, 11:34 PM
One thing I don't understand about the DMC series, where do al the girl characters go and how and why does the rebellion change in DMC2

both Trish and Lucia go on dante's payroll, trish was obviously on another mission.

lady... well... shes... her... and im guessing they both went there seperate ways.

dmc5 should be about lady's past.

Yoruhoshi
06-16-2005, 11:47 PM
I'd just like to know why everyone makes such a big fuss about this game. It's the only thing aside from Halo and StarWars that my classmates talk about...

kikimm
06-17-2005, 04:45 AM
I'd just like to know why everyone makes such a big fuss about this game. It's the only thing aside from Halo and StarWars that my classmates talk about...

I'm sorry if this sounds rude, but have you played any of the games? I've only played one, but I understand all the hype that surrounds it. From what I've seen, they're fun games. It's the gameplay that's got people hooked; it's just....fun. Really fun. You should check them out, if you haven't already. :)

DHEvil
06-17-2005, 07:25 PM
Well said Kikimm... I was so hooked on DMC 1 I finished it all in one 12 hour stretch....and then again the next day.....and then again...but then I stopped a Dante Must Die....that mode is too hard! I beat it eventually though.

Markus. D
06-18-2005, 01:06 AM

its the gameplay, and the action scenes (in my eyes dmc3 action scenes are awesome) especially mission 6 intro with lady and the introduction where dante gets all these sythes stabbed into him.

Yoruhoshi
06-18-2005, 01:42 AM
.............Well maybe sometime. But only when my cousin and other classmates can shut up about it for at least 30 seconds. I'm serious. If they can shut up about DMC3 and Halo for 30 seconds, I'll play the game.

lord shishio
06-18-2005, 09:08 PM
I want 2 get it, but im poor right now. The first 1 was a damn legend, but after seeing the 2nd 1, it made me 2 sick 2 even think about playing, and it got horrible reviews, so i'm wondering if it's worth spending money on, can somebody please prove me wrong? I want to play a good game, but hav'nt been able 2 4 a while.

Kamiko
06-18-2005, 11:47 PM
I disliked 2, but 1 was amazing... and 3 was just so... *SIGH* Dante....

Markus. D
06-20-2005, 02:38 AM
dmc2 is one of those games where you either like it or dont.

get 3.

DHEvil
06-26-2005, 06:25 PM
Oh, My, Lord. This game is cool. NEVAN!

"Let's ROCK!"

Zanius
07-01-2005, 04:03 PM
youre getting to ambitious, game hasnt even began to become hard, youll see what i mean when you get to this one certain room that freaked me out.

Well... I'm not ambitious... I'm crazy! :D

The hard thing about this game is to face the bosses all over again... :eek:

And the hard level, it's a real suicide! :eek:

I wonder if there's going to be another DMC about the first encounter between Dante and Vergil...

Oh Nevan! She's hotie! :love: :D

Markus. D
07-02-2005, 04:50 AM
thats the room i was talking about, that would be the 2nd funnest part in the game for me. :)

i want them to make a devil may cry prequel about sparda, something involving beowulf.