PDA

View Full Version : How much should I pay Yojimbo for Zanmato?

enchantress
06-09-2005, 08:03 AM
Okay, so how much should I pay Yojimbo so that he could his special attack Zanmato that reduces enemy's hp to 1?

Shalashaska
06-09-2005, 08:19 AM
There is no set limit on the amount of money you need to pay Yojimbo to see Zanmato.

The attack that he does depends on many variables, the most important of which is his 'affection' level with you (the starting value depends on which version of FFX you have and which response you gave Yojimbo when you acquired him at the Cavern of the Stolen Fayth).

Then there are other factors such as his motivation level (this is where gil comes in), whether he has a full overdrive bar, and what Zanmato resistence level the fiends you're fighting have.

Most of this is probably going over your head but I posted more in depth about how the system works in a previous thread, do a search. Also there is a very in-depth FAQ at GameFAQs that explains the exact mechanics of it all.

Bahumat
06-09-2005, 08:29 AM
Zanmato kills all opponents. It doesn't take them down to 1. Just clearing that up.

enchantress
06-09-2005, 08:37 AM
oh er.....hehe.......but in Final Fantasy X2, it reduces the enemies hp to 1! They changed it? Well, I dunno.
Erm, for the response I gave to Yojimbo, I chose "To defeat the most powerful of enemies"

DHEvil
06-09-2005, 03:38 PM
I usually just give about 7mil to him and he does the Zanmato...I couldn't be bothered to fight Nemesis.... I just wanted the items. So I gave him 7 mil and waddaya know.... SSSRRRRRRZLAAASSHH!!!

redxiiii
06-09-2005, 06:31 PM
oh er.....hehe.......but in Final Fantasy X2, it reduces the enemies hp to 1! They changed it? Well, I dunno.
Erm, for the response I gave to Yojimbo, I chose "To defeat the most powerful of enemies"

The reason it only takes your charcters hp down to 1 in X-2 is because it would be impossible to beat him if it killed everyone straight away, and the amount of times he used it when i battled him was something like 3, and I usally give him about 4million gil and he uses it then.

I Don't Need A Name
06-09-2005, 06:34 PM
10,000 is what you give it to kill the final form of seymour so about 10,000 gil

DHEvil
06-10-2005, 10:35 PM
Ouzespu ec famm fundr ehjacdehk sucd uv ouin kem eh frah vekrdehk y naymmo duikr paycd dryd oui lyh'd kad bycd...sucd baubma femm ica res uh dra tyng yauhc un syopa ajah caosuin eh rec mydan cdykac.

SeeDRankLou
06-10-2005, 11:11 PM
I just started using him a lot, and each time I would give him 1,000 or 2,000 gil. Eventually he would start doing attacks without me paying him, and eventually he would start doing Zanmato. It depends on many things, but he'll start doing it. Against a boss however you are going to have fork over the gil, probably in the millions.

ff-fanatix
06-11-2005, 01:42 AM
Ouzespu ec famm fundr ehjacdehk sucd uv ouin kem eh frah vekrdehk y naymmo duikr paycd dryd oui lyh'd kad bycd...sucd baubma femm ica res uh dra tyng yauhc un syopa ajah caosuin eh rec mydan cdykac.

TRANSLATION :

Yojimbo is well worth investing most of your gil in when fighting a really tough beast that you can't get past...most people will use him on the dark aeons or maybe even seymour in his later stages.

enchantress
06-11-2005, 03:33 AM
Thanks a lot you guys! While I was battling Seymour at Mt Gagazet, I gave all my money to Yojimbo which is approximately 80,000 but all he does is Wazikashi! I got sooooooo mad at him!

Markus. D
06-11-2005, 05:46 AM
pay him at least 1000 everytime you pay him.

zanmatos for me are very common, ussualy even instantanious.

Cruise Control
06-13-2005, 10:11 PM
You Shouldn't!!! Unless it's a storyline boss.

Bahumat
06-14-2005, 07:11 AM
I pay 1 gil and he uses Zanmato.......except against bosses. :p

Usually I pay half of my money, and that get's Zanmato.

Yuffie514
06-15-2005, 12:06 AM
i pay him by the millions. the money-humper, he just wants all my cash. first i would lower the enemy's HP and make sure Yojimbo's Overdrive gauge is full. then i pay him. sometimes he uses Wakizashi in place of it. don't know if it's the best method, but that's all i know.

Pouring Rain
06-15-2005, 01:46 AM
I wouldn't know cause I don't use him. He got me pissed off cause when I used him on Seymour 4, he just did the attack with his stupid dog. Oh, how I hate him...

Cruise Control
06-15-2005, 03:19 AM
I activate the ultimate attack DAIGORO die Pennance! lol daigoro sucks

rubah
06-15-2005, 04:05 AM
I think I'm wasting about 250k on yoji nowadays -_- or maybe 25k. one of those.

sayen
06-15-2005, 11:58 AM
i normaly use about 1-10,000 gill on yojimbo oh can some one see if this is true not just random cose the to become strong and pay him 300,000 gill and wait till seymore summon and he might do zamato for nothing.

Griever00
06-24-2005, 03:03 AM
I've paid Yojimbo, once, about 8 million and what does he give in return for all my money...Daigoro. It was on a stupif flan too. Is it really all random? or mostly?

percymort
06-29-2005, 11:22 AM
umm....id pay about a 1/4 of your current gil that usually works for me

Dr.M
07-10-2005, 07:02 AM
pay 1001 gil and that usally works.

Quare
07-11-2005, 09:31 AM
Guys, guys !!! U gotta win TRUST of Yojimbo ! When u do that (the trust lvl will be high enough) yojjimbo will do zanmato for a really low price. its like this... +4 trust (forever) after doind zanmato +3 trust after wakasizashi on all enemies +1 if wakasizashi is used on one enemy 0 if u use kozuka -1 after daigoro -3 after dismising yojimbo -10 if yojimbo is killed and -20 if ya pay em 0 gil (touchy !)(oh yeah Trust is counted from 0 to 255) Lets say this Trust is T ok so when yojimbo attacks without ur comands ? well the console does this: *T/1024* but if he attacks himself what he will use ? well it depends on(lets say F) *F= T/4 + [0;63]* (wow ! it gets complicated)if after all the math F will have 80 (or higher) its Zanmato for u ! if 64-79=Wakizashi
48-63=Wakizashi, on one enemy 32-47=Kozukaand finaly 0-31=Daigoro ooook.. now lets say every monster has ZANMATO level.. level of difficulty (u can check it in bestiary on calm lands)..so what i just wrote is happening when zanmato level of enemy=1 Wow..if not yojimbo attacks with wakasizashi all enemies..always ooook.. so this all is earning TRUST forever and random attacks now about battle trust and normal attacks... u can earn TRUST of yojimbo only on ONE battle by.. paing him :D this we will call PayTrust so PT will do ok... ok it would be a lot so i wont post the numbers here... http://k-ff.com/Finalf10/index.php?n=61 its in other language but look on the 1.Zaplata left is how many gil right is trust... wow ...ok many depends on what option u choose in the cave to buy yojimbo.. but first : now we know that there are three things yojimbo works on its T(trust) F(just f i thought)*[*ONLY IN RANDOM ATTACKS] and PT(pay trust) but there is 4 one and we will call it..umm.. *4un* :D so *4un* depends on: *PT+T/4* ok next thing the cave conversation and thats the next thing Yojimbo depends on we will call it C(conversation).If ya choose 1 option in you-->Yojimbo conversation this will happen : *C(conv.): *4un*x (0,75+(0,5 x Cash u given/all cash u have)* wooow...ok if ya choosed 2nd or 3rd C=*4un* oooook.. complicated .. now Zanamoto level of enemy in normal (not random attacks) and the option u choose in conversation are the next thing yojimbo depends on(lets say W(just W): if ya choosed option 1/2 W=C x 0,8 if fighting enemy with Zanmato level smaller than 4 or ToBeContinued...

W=C x 0,4 for enemies with zanmato level greater than 3 ALMOST END ! Ok now-the next thing Yojimbo relays on is O so if Yojimbo has overdrive O=W+20 if not O=W Ok so finnaly now console just adds random number to*O*(from 0 to 63) creating new thing that yojimbo relays on lets say L L=O + (number from 0 to 63) ok now did we get zanmoto ? yes if L is greater than 79.Oh yeah If zanmato didnt come out console reruns whole math procedure BUT reducing Zanmato level of creature to 1 but this time Yojimbo will not do Zanmato on 100% so basicly console does this two times if Zanmato didnt work out and after the seckond time if console had 64+ Wakizashi,on every enemy 48-63 Wakizashi, one enemy 32-47 Kozuka 0-31 Daigoro so basicly if u use Yojimbo a lot u can even pay him really small amounts of Gil.. Hehe But never 1gil !Now u know a few things about Yojimbo and nobody ever say "pay him 1000 that works" ;p. Ok now dont think im a geek bcuz i only translated this (maybe thats why its so complicated) from the translation of official squaresoft help book...

EDIT: Please use the edit button instead of double posting. -Murder