PDA

View Full Version : Personal Achievement

Ko Ko
06-09-2005, 02:37 PM
ZOMG I just had a fabbity fab day! :skull3:
I just sang in a concert, SOLO, muahaha, and got a frickin' STANDING ovation. STANDING! I was the only soloist who got a standing ovation. Almost all of the 1,500 people stood up for me. In that moment I felt so wonderful and pretty and good and awesome.
Have you ever felt like that? It's a sickengly fabulous feeling!

Have you ever had any personal achivements? What were they, and whad did you get out of it?

Chris
06-09-2005, 02:40 PM
I once sang in-front of a big crowd, I sang "La Vie En Rose" in French and I also got a standing ovation.

Shadow Bahamut
06-09-2005, 02:48 PM
uh gee, if i sang it would freakin storm... :p
but my best achievement, it's gotta be my first motorbike, i totally stripped it and rebuilt it and then got £1500 for it..damn i was proud and still am, still doing motorbikes whilst doing my boooooring colege..

Devourment
06-09-2005, 02:54 PM
Haha, fabbity fab..

I've performed the part of Oliver to a audience of over 300 people before... But that was when I was about 7.

You know who I mean don't you? . . . 'Can I have some more Sir? Please Sir!'

That ring a bell?

Loony BoB
06-09-2005, 03:11 PM
In my opinion, there is no greater personal achievement than falling in love. To achieve such a thing may be simple, but it is such a great thing to achieve that there is nothing better - although, come to think of it, you could say that the greatest achievement is to win the love of the person that you love. Which I've also done. Hee. =]

Meat Puppet
06-09-2005, 03:18 PM
I got out of bed today!

Agent Proto
06-09-2005, 03:23 PM
I never had a feeling like that. :( Though, BoB's idea of greater personal achievement is something that does feel pretty good. :)

As for others, the closest thing to a personal achievement was graduating.

theundeadhero
06-09-2005, 03:27 PM
I get a feeling of accomplishment everytime I clean my room. It doesn't sounds all that much, but for me to build up the motivation and then stick with it through the end isn't easy. I feel wonderful every time I'm done.

Levian
06-09-2005, 03:33 PM
I kinda liked yesterday. I got a promotion and I did not get an exam in History, Norwegian or Religion. Tomorrow I'll find out whether it's Maths or English. English plzkthx.

Spiffing Cheese
06-09-2005, 03:41 PM
I once correctly guessed what brand of cheddar cheese somebody put in my mouth while I was blindfolded. :)

Primus Inter Pares
06-09-2005, 03:46 PM
I got out of bed today!

You got THAT far, man, can you be my personal motivator?

I passed my practical driving test today :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

HINT: If you live in Western Australia get OFF the road now.

Jebus
06-09-2005, 03:47 PM
I don't really do much.

I haven't died yet. I think that counts.

SNOOZER
06-09-2005, 03:48 PM
Probably when I won this art contest when I was 7 years old. I haven't done anything spectacular after that.

Kamiko
06-09-2005, 03:53 PM
I've won several drawing contests and I won a contest for inventing a machine. It was a machine that did nothing. The idea was that you turned off all of the lights and sat around and stared at it all day, which conserved energy.
Yayyy go me!!
Oh, and I've done ballet for 10 years but nothing really exciting has happened with that.
And I won an award for my drawing once too.... Well technically it was a 'creativity' award.
And I was 11.

ThroneofDravaris
06-09-2005, 03:54 PM
I saw The Matrix, and only fell asleep twice!

...%^&$ing stupid movie

Devourment
06-09-2005, 03:56 PM
I agree with BoB as well. Falling in love with someone is a great achievement, because love is a special feeling that's not something that happens when you feel like it. & winning the love of someone you really love is even better, 'cause then you're both in love with each other & there's nothing better in the world than being in love with someone who you know loves you back.

Jess
06-09-2005, 04:24 PM
I agree with BoB. But other than that, I've never really achieved anything that good. I've had a few awards in Art, Graphics and ICT, but not really much more.

Social Moon Firesky
06-09-2005, 04:26 PM
The fact I'm doing so well in my exams, in spite of revising for all the wrong modules. Also, the fact I didn't walk out of school and refuse to do my History exam today. I sat through 105 minutes of sheer brain torture...Mind you, I slept for 30 of them! :p

Mercen-X
06-09-2005, 04:49 PM
Graduated High School and jumped off the stage (the jumping part was lame).
I made a horrible film that makes your head spin around the entire time you watch. It was debuted in Brendon Theater.
I wrote a Reflections eulogy for my uncle's memorial service in which I also sang Reason by Hoobastank and that "walking song" by the Dead Presidents (at least, I think that's what they're called.)_
During a visit to Monterey, I asked a spectacular woman named Vanessa for her phone number and she gave it to me. The failure after is that I never had the guts to call.
I've won a poetry contest and got a song copyrighted.
My usernames are the most unique to hit the entire internet. OK, that's lame.

The only real achievement I ever want to make is finally being able to do a backflip.

SNOOZER
06-09-2005, 05:24 PM
The only real achievement I ever want to make is finally being able to do a backflip.

I'm with him, I want one of those.

Kamiko
06-09-2005, 05:26 PM
My friend can do them and he tried to teach me but I almost broke my neck.
It was kind of embarrassing. So I guess that was my achievement for the week... :fpsweat:

KoShiatar
06-09-2005, 05:28 PM
If I ever can finish that Yo/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifaka Amano thesis then I'll have had a great achievement because I usually suck at finishing thoroughly what I began.

Zeldy
06-09-2005, 05:30 PM
I once was chosen,along with other people, to draw on one of the classroom displays, we had to draw Spiderman and paint it :fpaccom:

Madame Adequate
06-09-2005, 07:13 PM
I once correctly guessed what brand of cheddar cheese somebody put in my mouth while I was blindfolded. :)

Kinky! xD

I wrote a book. That was swish.

But as BoB's on about, the best thing I've ever done was win the love of a fine woman.

Shlup
06-09-2005, 07:58 PM
I have never felt anything close to that. Thanks for reminding me, Iri! :weep:

Yamaneko
06-09-2005, 08:00 PM
Achieving something would require me to try. Trying something would leave me open to failure. Failure is unacceptable.

Rye
06-09-2005, 08:07 PM
I wrote a book. That was swish.

I don't think I read it, but he writes good and I've read other things. :D

I dunno, I got a solo in Chorus last year, it made me really proud.

Caspian
06-09-2005, 08:12 PM
I think the day I discovered electricity and applied it to moden living was a pretty good day.

I felt accomplished.

Reles
06-10-2005, 02:24 AM
I can do a backflip guys! Quite easy, all you need to do is be physically fit...and uh after that step you get on a nice cushiony floor (probably at a gym) but if you don't have that, go outside in grass. And first have someone spot you. Then what you want to do is use your arms to jump really high in the ground and when you're at your highest, grab your knees and tilt backwards. You need to tilt the right amount so that you actually land on your feet though. It'd be wise to perhaps work on this AFTER you have a backhandspring and erm trying it on a trampoline.

I have accomplished love to my best friend of 5 years, who's really busy with work right now >.> and so I miss him soooo much. Other than that I'll always be known as "sucking at life." Because I have no talents!

XxSephirothxX
06-10-2005, 02:27 AM
This one time, at band camp...

No, wait, I'm not in band. I did get recognized for having a 95+ average for 5 consecutive semesters in high school. Woo-hoo, a tee-shirt. I feel so honored.

Kamiko
06-10-2005, 02:29 AM
T-shirts are the best awards in the world! At least you aren't getting one of those fake gold trophies that peel in about 2 minutes...

escobert
06-10-2005, 02:41 AM
Well I'm pretty happy that I'm being promoted at my job. I mean I'm sad because I won't have a computer in front of me anymore but, I'll be making $2 more and hour and be working on machines which, will give me an edge latter on finding a job. Also satring monday I'll be working normal hours again (6am - 2:30 pm instead of 2:30 pm - 11pm)AND I'll have full benafits (health, dental and 401k) :D:D:D:D

Calliope
06-10-2005, 03:42 AM
I traumatized my future In-Laws by playing a hilarious practical joke. It still makes me laugh :D

Cruise Control
06-10-2005, 03:45 AM
I once beat one of the creators of Yu-Gi-OH! (I'm such a nerd), thats about it, pretty standard.

Fabbity Fab had to be the coolest two words I have ever seen!

Kamiko
06-10-2005, 03:46 AM
My achievement today was that someone told me my poems were good. *cries and smiles* It made me very happy.

Del Murder
06-10-2005, 03:49 AM
I graduated from college at the top of my class. That's probably the best thing I've done so far.

Cruise Control
06-10-2005, 03:50 AM
Top of your class huh? Thats pretty sweet!

Del Murder
06-10-2005, 03:56 AM
Yeah, it was nice, but in the big picture pretty meaningless. Unless you are going to be a lawyer or a doctor, grades don't matter.

Cruise Control
06-10-2005, 03:58 AM
lol

Kirobaito
06-10-2005, 06:44 AM
I've won a bunch of meaningless awards, though those now don't mean a whole lot to me even if they did at the time. I do take a bit of pride in knowing that I'll graduate high school at the top of my class. Uh...I built a robot that won a competition. I liked that when it happened.

Germ Hamee
06-10-2005, 06:49 AM
I was smoking two packs a day and quit cold turkey. It's amazing how much better my body felt after just a couple days.

black orb
06-10-2005, 07:28 AM
>>> The day I bought a playstation, that was my best achievement..

seriously.

Reles
06-10-2005, 07:32 AM
Yay I made all A's and B's! I feel so accomplished.

Miriel
06-10-2005, 08:04 AM
I got into USC and into the best film program in the world. It's one of the few things in my life that I'm really proud of and I'm not afraid to flaunt.

theundeadhero
06-10-2005, 08:52 AM
I traumatized my future In-Laws by playing a hilarious practical joke. It still makes me laughI would love to hear about it.

Alixsar
06-10-2005, 10:20 AM
I haven't really accomplished much of anything in my life. Haha, opps! *insert slidewhistle sound effect here*

tomamar04
06-10-2005, 10:25 AM
Winning the lottery 46 times.

Jojee
06-10-2005, 10:51 AM
I've won a bunch of awards like KB said but they are really not that great to me now. The finest thing I did was find a lovely boy to love and who loves me ^_^

Although Kamiko's ballet thing... gah, I miss ballet! xD (I told Psy I took ballet and he burst out laughing ;_; Whatever, Mr. I USED TO PLAY VIOLIN) I was on national television with a group of Chinese ballet dancers (We did Chinese dances in ballet style? xD) when I was 12 or 13. They were all from 14-25 xD *dies* I felt really special when I went to go use the bathroom, and there were two little kids and they stared at me and went, "*gasp* Look, look! It's one of the dancers!" Rofl. xD

Social Moon Firesky
06-10-2005, 11:25 AM
When I was 10, I entered my first ever fencing competition, with some of the best fencers competing from all over the West Midlands. I fought really hard, and came third. I was so proud of myself, because I'd only been fencing a year, and everyone was older than me and had more experience. Oh, and all the other fencing competitions I entered, I always came second. That made me feel pretty sweet. And when I got told I was really strong and determined, after having about 9 people try to flip me on my back, and I made it to the other side of the room with them...:D

Pure Strife
06-10-2005, 11:28 AM
I successfully disliked Titanic. And I learnt to play guitar.

Jojee
06-10-2005, 11:34 AM
*learned

Haha sorry, had to do that ^_~ :<3: If only you were ShlupQuack, that would have been better :(

Anyway... I remember a personal achievement now ^_^ I was in the track team freshman year and sophomore year and junior year of high school. And I sucked at it frosh and sophomore year (I was always in the wrong runs, though, because I didn't find what I was supposed to do frosh and sophomore year. I kept being in short distance and I'm not a short distance runner >_>), and the coaches couldn't even remember my name xD But junior year I tried really hard and got better, and I earned myself a varsity letter (even though I only ever subbed in for varsity xD I still sucked compared to those really good people, but I don't care, I improved so much xD!) I went from a 3:18 or so 800 meter run (that's a bit over half a mile!) to a 2:56. It's a big difference in the track world! ^_^ I was so happy when I broke three minutes and that was during my last track meet, cos' I ran like I never ran before, baby :p

Project G
06-10-2005, 11:43 AM
I just finished a packet of beef jerky

Markus. D
06-10-2005, 01:36 PM
hmmm, so far this school term i have gotten 3 english distinctions. (btw im a naturally thick in the head person)

1.(10000 word minimum) write a short story which is science fiction that speculates about the future.
2.(700 to 800 word) biography on your role model.
3.(700 to 800 word) write a negative movie review... i payed out catwoman... so so so easy.

another was my first broken arm ... what happened was, i was heavilly into BMX and i was going for my first big trick... big kick air, i landed it like perfect, then i my bike started to wobble.
my leg had gotten stuck in the bike chain (OW!) and the bike toppled over.
at first i was proud of myself, then i tried to get up... s**************e****t****.
biggest swear fest ive ever had in my life.
i was rushed off to hospital where i got my cast put on.

greatest achievent ever.

Nod
06-10-2005, 03:45 PM
This one time, at band camp.....nah i cant tell you :eek: :eek:

Hmmmmmmm, going up on stage and having all the girls in the audience scream for more was a good one. NO REALLY!
*reminisces about male stripper days* :eek:
:p

EDIT:
*learned

Haha sorry, had to do that ^_~ If only you were ShlupQuack, that would have been better

Im sorry to have to correct YOU, but it is actually possible to say learnt or learned. Both are equally viable. But, people often write 'learnt' so as not to confuse it with the word 'learn-ed' meaning someone who is intelligent. xD. :D

theundeadhero
06-10-2005, 04:00 PM
I went from a 3:18 or so 800 meter run (that's a bit over half a mile!) to a 2:56. It's a big difference in the track world! ^_^ I was so happy when I broke three minutes and that was during my last track meet, cos' I ran like I never ran before, baby I can run 2 miles in under 13 minutes :p

Cruise Control
06-10-2005, 04:17 PM
I can run 1 mile in 10 minutes!
I'm a computer programer so I'm allowed to be physically unfit!

The Summoner of Leviathan
06-11-2005, 02:04 AM
Mine to date was elected Valedictorian of my Graduating High School class *is nervous*

Jojee
06-11-2005, 02:40 AM
I went from a 3:18 or so 800 meter run (that's a bit over half a mile!) to a 2:56. It's a big difference in the track world! ^_^ I was so happy when I broke three minutes and that was during my last track meet, cos' I ran like I never ran before, baby I can run 2 miles in under 13 minutes :p *counts* XD Stop trying to rain on my parade! I coulda done a mile in 6 mins something (closer to seven and not two miles, though xD), I think, but I only ran the 800 back in track ^^ Now I can't cos' I'm out of shape, I probably went down to 8 minutes xD

Im sorry to have to correct YOU, but it is actually possible to say learnt or learned. Both are equally viable. But, people often write 'learnt' so as not to confuse it with the word 'learn-ed' meaning someone who is intelligent. xD. :D My how LEARNED you are! *shoots you in the arse*

Meat Puppet
06-11-2005, 03:38 AM
I learned that learnt is quicker to type than learned if you know what's good for ya.

bennator
06-11-2005, 04:30 AM
Best: Probably getting into northwestern, though as far as today goes, I got to give a speech at my HS graduation, and the applause of the 1000+ people in the audience, plus the congratulations I got afterward felt really good.

Armisael
06-11-2005, 09:58 AM
I've performed the part of Juliet in one of the plays(Romeo and Juliet) at my school..The 400 people there were so delighted!One of my best moments in my life!^_^

Social Moon Firesky
06-11-2005, 11:35 AM
I've just caught site of myself in the mirror and realised that I have really toned stomach muscles. You can see them! I feel really pleased with myself, 'cos I hate exercise, but I was determined to get a flat stomach, so I actually stuck to doing sit-ups every night...O_O WoW!

Rinen
06-11-2005, 12:13 PM
No matter where I go, I am praised for what I do, only to have that taken away in a matter of five years. When I moved here, slowly but surely, people were becoming amazed at my talents. Yet in recent year, I have had that taken away. To see the spotlight so bright in my eyes, only to have that taken away into lies. In which I seek again, how have this happened. Although I never was surrounded by such a huge crowd, people are amazed by me. I don't see as being surrounded by thousands of people only to hear them applaud me, I see that as meaningless in my eyes, yet it's the individual who approach you that means something.

Many people have approached me. Should I have kept exploiting my beliefs, I would have had a following of me, a cult after my name. I stopped that after a small group of people, roughly eleven, at least that's how much I found out, were just about in the stage of worship. They were seeing me as a prophet of a new religion. I had to stop that or else something bad would have happened to me.

I have become distant of people, as I don't like to be praised by others, it seems a waste. I don't know what my greatest personal achievement. Just ask the people who stalk me. Perhaps my greatest personal achievement is having charisma that's almost unmatched among my peers. Well, enough of me babbling away, sorry about that, anyways, lets see, recent achievements would have to be during my high school years. My writing was sent to national cometitions, and I was praised by my english teachers about my writing, one of them said that I'm the best student writer that she'd seen in her 26 years of teaching.

I never heard much from those competitions after that, I assume they were published somewhere without my notification. Lately I've been writing up theories and processes that mankind will undergo in the future. So, my greatest achievement has to be my writing, I think...

Big D
06-11-2005, 01:17 PM
In my opinion, there is no greater personal achievement than falling in love. To achieve such a thing may be simple, but it is such a great thing to achieve that there is nothing better - although, come to think of it, you could say that the greatest achievement is to win the love of the person that you love. Which I've also done. Hee. =]Falling in love was one of my worst mistakes. I'm not proud or happy about it.

I get a certain sense of accomplishment whenever I complete and submit an essay, but that kind of work has more to do with necessity than pride. Besides, there's always the 'waiting period' while its assessed and graded. Getting a good result is more of a relief than a joy.

I don't take a lot of pride in the things I do or achieve, really. Just the little things - making someone laugh with a silly joke, or shooting well during archery. Trivial stuff.

xxRed Flag
06-12-2005, 01:45 AM
ZOMG I just had a fabbity fab day! :skull3:
I just sang in a concert, SOLO, muahaha, and got a frickin' STANDING ovation. STANDING! I was the only soloist who got a standing ovation. Almost all of the 1,500 people stood up for me. In that moment I felt so wonderful and pretty and good and awesome.
Have you ever felt like that? It's a sickengly fabulous feeling!

Have you ever had any personal achivements? What were they, and whad did you get out of it?

No, you actually didn't, but ok since you do have a knack of making yourself up on this website. Unless you didn't notice, it was Sara and Bryan who got the solos. Not you.