PDA

View Full Version : Special?

Social Moon Firesky
06-09-2005, 05:26 PM
Do you think you're special? If not, then you should. Everyone is significant. I've just heard my best friend admitting that she used to cut herself because she felt insignificant and unloved, and she said she used to think about killing herself. Anyways, I just wondered how many people out there really love themselves and realise that they are special to people. Personally, there are days when I wake up and wish I'd never been born, but then I realise that if I'd never been born, my friends would never have had someone to cheer them up all the time, and they'd probably still have their sanity.

Kamiko
06-09-2005, 05:27 PM
Umm.... you sound like Barney... :fpton:
Yes, I guess I think I'm special. Do you??

Zeldy
06-09-2005, 05:28 PM
Nah i dont, and i have cut my self on my wrist a few times.. my friends freaked. ;____;

KoShiatar
06-09-2005, 05:30 PM
I'm special, but definitely not always the way I'd like to. Sometimes I just feel like I'm strange.

Jojee
06-09-2005, 05:32 PM
I'm special and lovin' it :love:

Chris
06-09-2005, 05:36 PM
I'm special in a "Gracious" way! :D

The Anarchy Angel
06-09-2005, 05:46 PM
I'm special, but I'm not big headed about it or anything, and i think my friends would have been better off without me, i make them laugh too much and loose their breath! Though laughter mends the soul!

Meat Puppet
06-09-2005, 05:48 PM
I'm so special I was put in the special class at school. :spin:

DK
06-09-2005, 05:58 PM
Define special, plz.

YukiKiro
06-09-2005, 06:05 PM
my life has been filled with the feeling of insignificance and lonliness. to feel loved is different than actually being loved, as your emotions can run your actions feeling loved can be a very powerful tool to keep someone out of the emotional gutter. i haven't actually felt loved since my ex broke up with me. you can usually find me sitting by myself somewhere. on occasion you can find me hanging out with a friend or two.

Chris
06-09-2005, 06:16 PM
Define special, plz.
Definition of Special! (http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/member.php?u=9901)

:D

FiragaBreak
06-09-2005, 06:25 PM
I'm special because I'm the youngest EoFF member. And I played FFVII, VIII, IX, X, & X-2.

Psychotic
06-09-2005, 06:25 PM
Definition of Special! (http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/member.php?u=9901)

:DNah, that's the definition of lovable drunken hobo.

Am I special? I'm special to the people who matter to me, which is more important than being special in the grand scheme of things.

ZuZu
06-09-2005, 06:31 PM
I guess I'm special... My friends keep saying that they wouldn't know what to do if I suddenly die....

Social Moon Firesky
06-09-2005, 07:00 PM
What I mean by special is that you're precious to someone. And everybody is. We all rely on someone, whether we admit to it or not, and we all have people that rely on us. Sorry, btw. I don't know where all this emotional mumbo-jumbo really came from, but I was really shocked by what my friend told me. And yes, I do think I'm special, but not in a big-headed way.

Zeldy
06-09-2005, 07:02 PM
What I mean by special is that you're precious to someone. And everybody is. We all rely on someone, whether we admit to it or not, and we all have people that rely on us. Sorry, btw. I don't know where all this emotional mumbo-jumbo really came from, but I was really shocked by what my friend told me. And yes, I do think I'm special, but not in a big-headed way.

When im off ill from school, i get about 3 phone calls seeing if im ok, i s'pose i am special :D
I :<3: my friends

Jess
06-09-2005, 07:03 PM
I guess I'm precious to my family and closest friends. :aimsmile:

Social Moon Firesky
06-09-2005, 07:03 PM
Of course you're special Zelda! You're a Sexi Peep! :D

DK
06-09-2005, 07:04 PM
How do you know we all rely on someone and that someone relys on us? I hope no one relies on me for anything, because to be honest I'm pretty unreliable. And i'm not so sure everyone is precious to someone, either. But eh, if thats how you see it, that's cool.

Social Moon Firesky
06-09-2005, 07:07 PM
I'm just one of those really annoying people who's default attitude is 'sunny disposition and optimism for everything'. Sorry! ^_^

Zeldy
06-09-2005, 07:08 PM
I'm just one of those really annoying people who's default attitude is 'sunny disposition and optimism for everything'. Sorry! ^_^

hehe, i love people like that :love:
there so.. uplifting

Social Moon Firesky
06-09-2005, 07:11 PM
I like making people happy! Is that a bad thing?

Jess
06-09-2005, 07:14 PM
No there is nothing bad about it. I, however, am just completely pessimistic.

Kamiko
06-09-2005, 07:16 PM
Don't be pessimistic, I :fplove: you Jellybean!!

The Anarchy Angel
06-09-2005, 07:17 PM

hehe, i love people like that :love:
there so.. uplifting

Despite the slightly evil sounding name, I'm like this!

Zeldy
06-09-2005, 07:18 PM
Im quite a naturally happy person, but wheras people are "funny" im just "giddy"
I dont say jokes, but i will fall over and say things randomly.
Like in food,
"oooh amy, dont do that! you'll cut your fingers!"
Me - "Dont worr-ay! i aint stup-AAAAAAAGH"

Madame Adequate
No, nobody is special. The universe will continue with or without you, your friends, family, lover, the whole planet, whole solar system, whole Virgo Supercluster in fact.

But yet everyone can be special. You just have to accept that there's no such thing as significance to any great power or movement, there's only yourself and the people you know and matter to. You get that all figured out and you'll be doing alright.

In essence, I matter to my friends and girlfriend, and that's all that matters to me.

Jess
Don't be pessimistic, I :fplove: you Jellybean!!

Heh. I am teh Jellybean, but it is a personality trait which I cannot help. The same as being really paranoid about everything, no matter how much I try not to be. :D

DK

No need to apologise, I'm just one of those really annoying people who likes to question everything because I don't understand it, instead of letting people get on with it. ;p

Shlup
06-09-2005, 07:57 PM
You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake.

Destai
06-09-2005, 08:00 PM
I feel different but not in a good way.

Reles
06-10-2005, 02:45 AM
I love Fight Club! I actually remember that quote.

Anyway, my boyfriend thinks I'm special and that I'm perfect in his eyes. I don't know how he can think that but he does! So I feel special. My friends like me too and wouldn't know what to do if I were gone. I've been helping those that need it most and I never really used to. Once upon a time my depression got the worst of me, a series of things happened one after the other, and ended up being the downfall of Reles. I had no one to talk to, my best friend was someone who only cared for herself, my other friend told me he wanted to help me, but the next moment stopped talking to me and gave me the reason, "I can't put up with your negativity." And I haven't talked to him since March. So since I was an emotional disaster with no one there, I've been constantly watching my friends to make sure they never feel the same way I felt...because it was horrible.

escobert
06-10-2005, 02:51 AM
No not at all.

theundeadhero
06-10-2005, 09:06 AM
:sing:

Your so smurfing special.
I wish I was special.
But I'm a creep... ...

You all sound like chapters from a self-help booklet

Alixsar
06-10-2005, 10:35 AM
You can believe you're special all you want, but chances are that you probably aren't. Though you may be a good friend for someone or something and you might think that entitles you to "special" status, chances are that if you were never born, the grand scheme of things would remain more or less the same. There are a lot of good friends out there, so how can you be special? I have good friends, you probably do too, and that guy over there probably has some as well. How can something so common be special and rare? There is a very (relatively) small number of people in the world who really are special. They're special because they can really make a difference in the way the world works. The rest of us aren't special, we're just told that we are so we don't break down.

Wow, that sounded really emo. I need to get out more. ...even though I get out a lot already. Hmm. Maybe I need to drink more. I don't know. *shrug*

Jojee
06-10-2005, 10:43 AM
You can believe you're special all you want, but chances are that you probably aren't. Though you may be a good friend for someone or something and you might think that entitles you to "special" status, chances are that if you were never born, the grand scheme of things would remain more or less the same. There are a lot of good friends out there, so how can you be special? I have good friends, you probably do too, and that guy over there probably has some as well. How can something so common be special and rare? There is a very (relatively) small number of people in the world who really are special. They're special because they can really make a difference in the way the world works. The rest of us aren't special, we're just told that we are so we don't break down. It's way past your bedtime! Go to sleep!

Everyone has good friends, but not everyone has me as a good friend. And those who do should feel lucky, because even though who knows what would have happened if I never existed, I do exist and since I do, I affect their lives. I may not be able to make a difference right now in the world, in the grand scheme of things, but I can sure as hell make a difference to those around me and close to me. ^_~

Am I special? I'm special to the people who matter to me, which is more important than being special in the grand scheme of things. I think that's the specialest thing you ever said :love: And to you, I say:

You all sound like chapters from a self-help booklet! >=)

Miriel
06-10-2005, 10:44 AM
You can believe you're special all you want, but chances are that you probably aren't. Though you may be a good friend for someone or something and you might think that entitles you to "special" status, chances are that if you were never born, the grand scheme of things would remain more or less the same. There are a lot of good friends out there, so how can you be special? I have good friends, you probably do too, and that guy over there probably has some as well. How can something so common be special and rare? There is a very (relatively) small number of people in the world who really are special. They're special because they can really make a difference in the way the world works. The rest of us aren't special, we're just told that we are so we don't break down.

Debbie Downer, is that you?

I think being special has different connotations than being unique. I don't think I'm all that unique but I do believe that I'm special to the people who care about me. And like Psy said, that's all that matters really.

Social Moon Firesky
06-10-2005, 11:17 AM
Sorry, I really don't know why I started this thread, but I firmly believe that everyone is special. I'm not religious or anything, but that's what I believe. I mean, if you were to kill yourselves now, all your friends and family would miss you right? Therefore, you must be special to them. ^_^ I know that if my friend had actually managed to kill herself, I would be missing her like crazy, 'cos she's special to me.

Xander
06-10-2005, 11:19 AM
I'm a special panda.

Alixsar
06-10-2005, 11:22 AM
Debbie Downer, is that you?

Please don't compare me to an awful Saturday Night Live sketch kplzthx.

Social Moon Firesky
06-10-2005, 11:27 AM
I'm a special panda.

:D Glad you feel that way! :D

DK
06-10-2005, 12:15 PM
The only thing that bugs me if you say that everyones special, then that makes everyone the same and therefore not special, doesn't it?

Drift
06-10-2005, 12:31 PM
special is uniqueness an we're all unique in one way or another im special because er.....im me! ^_^

DK
06-10-2005, 12:45 PM
special is uniqueness an we're all unique in one way or another im special because er.....im me! ^_^

Same thing, if everyone is unique then everyone is the same as well. It still applies to everyone.

Devourment
06-10-2005, 01:18 PM
I think that everyone's special in some way, as we all have different abilities.

I'm speshul 'cause I can breath fire & make steam come out of my ears.

^_^

disapointedchild
06-10-2005, 03:10 PM
I can be special, if I only knew how. :(

Just kidding, yeah, I am special, if your consider me talent wise.

Jebus
06-10-2005, 03:18 PM
I'm nothing special. Just an average non-druggie college sophomore.

Which would mean something if I lived just about anywhere other than the US.

rubah
06-10-2005, 09:23 PM
I filled a page once with things that make me uniqueX.x;; like filling a page:o