PDA

View Full Version : Missable Items...

Peter_20
06-09-2005, 08:09 PM
So, Iīm new to this forum, and I might just stress something for you right at once:
English ainīt my native language; Iīm from Sweden.
I think I handle this language pretty good though, but anyway...

Iīve decided to start all over with this game, I love it and I think the atmosphere rocks.
However, Iīm a perfectionist, and I really donīt wanna start hearing about some tools Iīve missed 20 hours ago or something like that.
Iīve also heard there arenīt that many missable items in this game, so Iīm simply wondering if you could tell me what I should watch out for?
I actually canīt play an RPG if Iīm aware of having missed some great, unique stuff earlier in the game, like the Atma Weapon in FF6 or the W-Item Materia in FF7.

I know you can miss summons like Shoat and Carbuncle, but do you know of something else?

eestlinc
06-10-2005, 04:04 AM
Brave Blade/Chicken Knife is easy to miss. You could miss the Mimic job if you aren't very thorough as well.

Peter_20
06-10-2005, 09:18 AM
Sure thanks, but is that missable stuff?
From what I know, you can grab those thingies whenever you want...?

I mean things that you really canīt get by any means _at all_ after having passed a certain event.
You might be right about the Brave Blade though, it DOES have a possibility to weaken, as a result of all the running from battles.

theundeadhero
06-10-2005, 10:30 AM
The shiva and Rumah summons are missable too.

Master.Pug
06-10-2005, 05:13 PM
don't forget the unbeleavable "Spear"!

You can steal it from a Jail Bear (or however it is called) in World 2 (while rescuing Bartz & co with galuf only)!

its the weakest spear, but it brings +1 speed! (YEHAW!)

Del Murder
06-12-2005, 12:30 AM
You have to !Catch some frog outside the town with wolves in it, then take it into town and give it to an old man by or in a well. Then he gives you some crappy item, but you can only do this in the second world so technically it counts.

eestlinc
06-14-2005, 06:32 PM
The Shock Whip in the Jacole cave is missable depending on what you do earlier in the game.

also, the Lamp is missable in the sense that you won't miss it if you never pick it up.

boys from the dwarf
06-14-2005, 06:41 PM
the unbelieveable spear?have i missed something or are you makin tis up?

Shin Gouken
06-15-2005, 02:29 PM
You have to !Catch some frog outside the town with wolves in it, then take it into town and give it to an old man by or in a well. Then he gives you some crappy item, but you can only do this in the second world so technically it counts.

you can leave that untill you are about to enter the cleft dimension in world 3. it will still be waiting for you. the item he gives you lets you capture enemies at only 1/2 their hp instead of 1/8 when equiped :)

Any items you can steal from bosses cant always be found later in the game. namely the awesome genji armour you can steal from gilgamesh

eestlinc
06-20-2005, 12:38 AM
yea, each of the genji items can only be stolen from Gilgamesh in various battles against him.

Shin Gouken
07-18-2005, 08:00 PM
pretty much all the songs are missable. i remember i missed the mp song the first time i played coz it was in the library of ancients which gets sucked into the n-zone as you return from the pyramid.

also, im sure that you cant learn all the blue magics in world 3 so some must be obtained in the first 2 worlds

Artichao
07-23-2005, 01:45 AM
Don't forget the EVIL Gilgame cave. No items are there, but there's gill and an enemy there that can't be found anywhere else. It's found in World 2. I believe it's on the opposite side of the long bridge from the castle.

Being a perfectionist, you might wanna check that out just to say you did it all.

Peter_20
07-24-2005, 12:32 PM
Don't forget the EVIL Gilgame cave. No items are there, but there's gill and an enemy there that can't be found anywhere else. It's found in World 2. I believe it's on the opposite side of the long bridge from the castle.

Being a perfectionist, you might wanna check that out just to say you did it all.

Hehe, well, thatīs not really missable stuff! :)
Iīm talking about things you get in your inventory, like weapons, magics, songs etc.

Shin Gouken
07-25-2005, 11:33 AM

i go in that cave for fun :D gilgame kicked my arse a few times before i sussed him. now i like going in there just to smack him around a bit :P