PDA

View Full Version : Minority Report

Destai
06-10-2005, 03:32 PM
So I was watching this on a bus a few days ago and wow. That has to be the worst movie Ive ever seen. You start off thinking the plot is really detailed and thought provoking. But it slowly dawns on you that its just really stupid. Anyone else seen it? And didnt it suck balls?

Tanwen Strife
06-10-2005, 04:00 PM
What makes you say it was really stupid? I thought it was an okay movie, not particularlly brilliant in any way, but watchable. There was the odd bit that seemed a little pointless like that old lady who suddenly kisses Tom Cruise's character for no apparent reason, but what movie doesn't have those.

Destai
06-10-2005, 04:14 PM
The really stupid plot and the unrealistic really stupid acting where everyone is so unbelievably serious ALL the time. Literally. And the part where Cruise is fighting that guy who stole his kid from him and the bald kid is screaming in the background. I was LITERALLY crying because I was laughing so hard. That was so hilarious especially because it was meant to be serious and deep. Funny but crap stuff.

Germ Hamee
06-10-2005, 07:17 PM
I thought it was an incredible movie. Much better than half the crap studios release these days. My only issue with it was that the ending was way too happy to be believed. Babies and remarraige and sanctuary, blah at you all.

XxSephirothxX
06-10-2005, 07:20 PM
It was a very good movie. The plot wasn't stupid at all.

Miriel
06-10-2005, 07:22 PM
Are you kidding?

I thought it was a great movie. Smart, thrilling, provocative, and wonderful performances all around. And the visuals were absolutely gorgeous. There are sequences in this movie that are so perfectly executed that the result is just...stunning.

Destai
06-10-2005, 07:24 PM
Oh god has the whole world gone mad ><

Dreddz
06-10-2005, 07:33 PM
Yea that movie was crap

Destai
06-10-2005, 07:34 PM
Oh good, I was starting to worry.

Miriel
06-10-2005, 07:46 PM
Thankfully, I have a higher opinion of my own standards for movies than I do for yours, or I might actually be worried about being crazy. :)

XxSephirothxX
06-10-2005, 07:53 PM
Oh god has the whole world gone mad ><

Or maybe you're a bad judge of film quality. I don't recall the movie being hailed as super thought-provoking, but it was an action movie with a plot better than most action movies. And I don't see the film as being "overly-serious." How many dramatic films have you seen, where a guy's fighting for his life, but acts totally goofy about it?

Destai
06-10-2005, 08:06 PM
Well first of all I wasnt serious when I said
Oh god has the whole world gone mad ><so theres no need to react like I kicked you in the balls. Its a movie I clearly didnt like. Second; Every single person in the movie was serious. I genuinely cant remember anyone who wasnt acting serious besides that black woman in the start of the movie. Everysingle person in it seemed to have the stereotypical personality of a FBI agent. And the visuals and settings didnt strike me as very impressive. Cruise using the holographic computer looked more like someone doing the robot and that slot that the wooden ball came out of showing who or where pre crimes next mission was, was just a cheap piece of shiny plastic which seemed a little out of place in a time where computers dont have a physical form. And to add to the serious and dullness of it all the whole movie seemed to be shot through a grey lense and I got the impression the crew went out of there way to shoot every scene in cloudy weather. Even more seriousness. I dont get what any of it was trying to accomplish, it just made an already boring movie, more boring.

XxSephirothxX
06-10-2005, 08:19 PM
Well first of all I wasnt serious when I said
Oh god has the whole world gone mad ><so theres no need to react like I kicked you in the balls.

I wasn't. If you'd kicked me in the balls I would have cried. :(

But, honestly, I don't think everyone was serious all the time at all. I haven't seen the movie in well over a year, and I can pick out a number of characters who weren't 100% serious. The old lady who had the garden who helped Tom Cruise wasn't completely serious, Colin Farrell wasn't serious all the time, the guy who replaced Cruise's eyes wasn't serious at all, the guy who ran the prison-like place wasn't very serious...need I go on? The color thing was on purpose--the movie was supposed to be rather dark and serious. Other films have used color in the same manner, like Road to Perdition.
Look at this. (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/minority_report/)
Out of 212 reviewers, 196 liked it. I'd say that's a pretty damn good movie.

Destai
06-10-2005, 08:34 PM
A bunch of film critics loved it. A bus of students (who are the reason film critics are around-to review films for everyday people) absaloutely hated it and I can see why. There was little entertainment in this and what was entertaining wasnt intentional (seriously, that bald kid was far funnier than any comedy)

louby_4eva
06-10-2005, 09:54 PM
It took me about ten minutes to remember what film it was, and yeah, I liked it, thought it was really good. :D :D :D

Smile and Be happy :love:

gokufusionss1
06-10-2005, 09:59 PM
destia you weren't smart enough to understand it so you laughed at it instead, i'm glad for you.

It's a good film.

Also bald kid is a woman. Really didn't watch it did you.

Destai
06-10-2005, 10:14 PM
destia you weren't smart enough to understand it so you laughed at it instead, i'm glad for you. Well judging from most of your posts that Ive read, you are the expert at that sort've thing. And you spelled my name wrong. : :

It's a good film. Oh well thanks for clearing that up for me.

Also bald kid is a woman. Really didn't watch it did you.The person with the shaved head is a woman so Ive missed the whole plot?

Miriel
06-10-2005, 10:54 PM
That "bald kid" is Samantha Morton, an astoundingly gifted actress.

Destai
06-10-2005, 11:11 PM
That "bald kid" is Samantha Morton, an astoundingly gifted actress.This isnt a stab at the movie and Im sure she has talent but isnt she that lesbian who claimed to have seen aliens or something. I dont remember seeing her in other movies but despite how well she acted in this movie I just thought the person she was playing was, well genuinely funny.

Miriel
06-10-2005, 11:19 PM
What?

Jesus Christ, you're confusing Samantha Morton with Anne Heche. :O_O:

Destai
06-10-2005, 11:37 PM
Apparently. Whats so shocking about that? I havent seen much of either in movies.

Chris
06-10-2005, 11:43 PM
I hated the damn movie. I couldn't stand his fake acting.

radyk05
06-11-2005, 12:43 AM
I thought it was an okay movie, not particularlly brilliant in any way, but watchable.

it was an action movie with a plot better than most action movies.

yup, that was what i wanted to say.

Psychotic
06-11-2005, 01:09 AM
Nothing special, nothing terrible.

Miriel
06-11-2005, 02:35 AM
Apparently. Whats so shocking about that? I havent seen much of either in movies.

One is a two-time Academy Award nominated actress. The other was a mediocre TV actress who was found wandering around Fresno incoherently rambling on about Martians.

Del Murder
06-11-2005, 03:53 AM
Nothing special, nothing terrible.
Yep, Tom Cruise at his 'finest'.