PDA

View Full Version : UK gamers

DK
06-10-2005, 07:36 PM
Alright, so we all know that we're far behind the rest of the world for game releases, which sucks. What games are you looking forward to, though? And also, do you import?

I can't wait for Tekken 5, I saw the opening movie on the official site and its god. I want.

Zeldy
06-10-2005, 07:46 PM
Dont import, it really aint' worth it, i ended up paying £50 more for my DS from Japan.
I cant wait for Zelda Twilight Princess =O

DK
06-10-2005, 08:12 PM
Getting PSP on import is gonna be helluva lot cheaper, apparently, 'cause the games are universal so you can play them on PSP's from any country.

Old Manus
06-10-2005, 08:29 PM
Star Wars Battlefront 2 is top of my list.

Dreddz
06-10-2005, 10:40 PM
FFXII, Shadow of The Collosus, Dark Cloud 3 and Grandia 3

( We maybe behind but we are the best gamers )

Destai
06-10-2005, 10:42 PM
Im still bitching about Xenosaga not being released in PAL :mad: But hopefully when Namco merge/are consumed by bandai they'll get a european release.

Chris
06-10-2005, 11:24 PM
I can't wait for the new Star Wars game (Revenge of the Sith) to be released on the Game Cube. :mad2:

NM
06-11-2005, 01:04 AM
Dont import, it really aint' worth it, i ended up paying £50 more for my DS from Japan.

Don't know where you got yours from but I got a DS with game for £115 back in November.

As for game's. I'm looking forward to Final Fantasy XII, Pro Evolution Soccer 5, Burnout 4 and the new Zelda game.

Psychotic
06-11-2005, 01:06 AM
All of these were mentioned, but Tekken 5, Star Wars: Battlefront 2 and the newest Pro. Evo. Soccer.

Lindy
06-11-2005, 01:08 AM
Killer7.

4 days to go.

DK
06-11-2005, 10:54 AM
Is that that really weird looking game with the laughing exploding zombies and the Assasin with 6 different personas?

The Shoeless Hobo
06-11-2005, 12:16 PM
Getting PSP on import is gonna be helluva lot cheaper, apparently, 'cause the games are universal so you can play them on PSP's from any country.

Yup, there's a NTSC (Japan) version, a NTSC (USA) version and an international version for the rest of us. :p

If I wanted, I could get a PSP in a week alot cheaper. But I'm getting an Ipod. xD

Lindy
06-11-2005, 07:14 PM
Is that that really weird looking game with the laughing exploding zombies and the Assasin with 6 different personas?
Harman, Garcian, Dan, Kaede, Con, Coyote, Kevin and Maske De Smith.

Technically, that's 8, but the Killer7 are the 7 assassin personalities of Harman Smith.

Wicked style, hot guns, and Capcom, you can't lose.

Madame Adequate
06-12-2005, 03:38 AM
I have an import PS2 and my friend was selling her cubay, so I'll have an import one of those shortly. The X-Box is PAL, but when I move up to the next-gen consoles I'll be getting NTSC all the way.

First, it's usually cheaper and I can't remember it ever working out more expensive.

Second, I get stuff much, much earlier.

Third, I get stuff that doesn't ever see PAL releases. To name a popular game as an example; Katamari Damacy. That's right. I'm not talking about the relatively obscure stuff we've missed like oh, say, Xenogears, Tales Of Destiny, and Lunar (Xenogears cost me around $90 to get an import copy of. Worth it, but damn steep anyways.), but rather one of the most amazing games of the year. (On a sidenote, I was pretty surprised to see the .hack games out over here.)

Fourth, I'm moving to the US one of these days. No point having a PAL system over there.

I'm just looking forward to getting my copies of WoW and RE4 :D (I know I could have both of those here, but the cubay deal is explained above. As for WoW, if I got a UK version I'd not be able to play on US servers. Most of my friends who have it already play on US servers. Easy decision to make. I also imported FFXI and CoH way before their UK releases.)

At least non-MMORPG PC games don't tend to mess us around much.

Captain Maxx Power
06-12-2005, 12:41 PM
There's only two games I'm even remotely excited about : Half Life 2 Expansion and Dungeon Siege 2.