PDA

View Full Version : Next RPG? Choose My Destiny!

RedCydranth
06-10-2005, 08:05 PM
Okay folks. Its time for you decide my fate. I'm about to finish up Star Ocean 1 on ROM (only way i could play it). What game should I play next? Please choose one from the poll, do not suggest anything NOT on the Poll!

Anyhow... heres my list.

Star Ocean 2. I've played it most the way through, but never beaten it. continue the Star Ocean trend?

Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest. I have it ROM'd and ive never really gotten into it. Should I? I want to some time...

Final Fantasy VI. I've beaten it, but not solo. I always played it with friends. Should I kill Kefka single handedly this time?

Final Fantasy VIII. Same as with VI, I never beat it solo really.. Should I beat FF8 alone?

Final Fantasy IX. I beat this game too, but being on EoFF a lot, i get reminicent of its greatness, should I replay this great game?

Beyond the Beyond. Feeling like torturing me with a bad game? Here's your chance!

Final Fantasy X-2. I'm halfway through it.. I just lost interest. Get me back into the swing?

nik0tine
06-10-2005, 08:08 PM
Xenogears, its roxorz.

RedCydranth
06-10-2005, 08:19 PM
LOL... i deserved that.

PLEASE VOTE!!!

XxSephirothxX
06-10-2005, 08:21 PM
Play IX again. It's way better than everything listed except VI. On the second way through, you can really appreciate the atmosphere of the game and the perfect dialogue.

Erdrick Holmes
06-10-2005, 08:36 PM
Play Phantasy Star IV sence it's actuallyl the best RPG ever made.

Havoc
06-10-2005, 08:41 PM
Play Xenogears.

Dragoon Kain
06-10-2005, 08:44 PM
out of those games i say star ocean 2 but what u really need to do is forget all those games and play shadow hearts covenant. trust me.

GooeyToast
06-10-2005, 08:58 PM
This is making it easy for him, eh?

Out of the list provided, i'd probably say FF VI because if you start playing 3-D rpgs and you go back to VI later, it's gonna seem really dated. Plus, VI is just about the best game in the series & it had one of the best stories and villians.

RedCydranth
06-10-2005, 08:58 PM
-_- ..... Okay, let me make this clear. I am going to play ONE of the games in the poll next, any other suggestions are moot because A.) I don't own the game or B.) I don't want to play that game at all right now.

I played Phantasy Star 4 on genesis back when I had a genesis and PS4... Its certainly a great game. I remember the green guy was awesome. It had a Z in his name i think... I keep thinking Zynk, but thats Shining Force 2.

Oh, I have absolutely NO problem going from modern to old school games. I look at FF1, Dragon Warrior 1 and those 2D games in the same light as FFX, Suikoden 4 and the more modern 3D ones.

GooeyToast
06-10-2005, 09:05 PM
Yeah, me too. Still though, I'd go back & play VI because of the awesome characters, villian, & story.

RedCydranth
06-10-2005, 09:11 PM
After I beat SO1 later today, or tomorrow, whichever has the most votes I'm gona play. If its FF6, cool beans. its a great game. Super Sabin, Ultra Relm, Lightning Locke and Excellent Edgar will be my party. Relm= Magic God, Sabin raised like a mage = Blitz God, Edgar is strong as hell, Locke is quick and strong.

Destai
06-10-2005, 09:17 PM
Hey, heres an idea! Why dont you play Xenogears!?

GooeyToast
06-10-2005, 09:22 PM
He just said he's only going to play one of the games on the list.

RedCydranth
06-10-2005, 09:35 PM
Yep, that list. NOT Xenogears. For christs sake, I dont even own it.

Why do you all (except the few that answered correctly) name games that clearly aren't on the list. I know why... Brain Damage!

So, I'm gonna go into my original post and edit it for the reading impaired.

Erdrick Holmes
06-10-2005, 09:36 PM
Well, you can get access to PSIV easily. Just download the rom and a genesis emulator.

RedCydranth
06-10-2005, 09:39 PM
I thought this was simple, maybe its my advanced brain power, but I ONLY WILL PLAY A GAME ON THE LIST. For crying out loud how hard is it to understand???!??!??! *cries*

Destai
06-10-2005, 10:29 PM
um now seems a good time to tell you, I was kidding :love:
I voted FFVIII.

Dreddz
06-10-2005, 10:36 PM
Play FFIX as its the best on the poll

Or get the best RPG and get Dark Chronicle

black orb
06-10-2005, 10:40 PM
>>> The easy path: Mystic Quest, I like the game but you`ll probably get bored with it.. :D
The hard path: I still have nightmares with Star Ocean 2, the final boss is insanely hard..

I know you wont play games that arent listed but you should try Valkyrie Profile, that is the best tri-Ace game by far, and I think its better than any Star Ocean game out there..

GooeyToast
06-10-2005, 10:44 PM
Too bad all these games are so expensive. Valkyrie Profile is $65 on ebay used :(

black orb
06-10-2005, 10:57 PM
Too bad all these games are so expensive. Valkyrie Profile is $65 on ebay used :(
>>> Didnt Squarenix re-release this game?? if they not, they are idiots..
anyways, I hate when good games like that become "rare", if youre lucky you can find it used somewere else, I got lot of rare games like that super cheap on flea markets.

Dreddz
06-10-2005, 11:01 PM
pssssshhhh a PAL copy of Suikoden is £90 on eBay
Thats a 100 something dollers !

RedCydranth
06-11-2005, 07:29 AM
Okay, its 6 or so hours left.. right now ff6 is in the lead... I'm nearing the ending now of SO1. Soon, i will immerse myself in a different game.

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-11-2005, 09:22 AM
Since Xenogears isn't there ( :mad2: ) FFVI.

Jebus
06-11-2005, 09:34 AM
Since Xenogears isn't there ( :mad2: ) FFVI.

Seriously though. Play Xenogears. Download the ISO or something.

ff-fanatix
06-11-2005, 11:02 AM
jseus christ what is the obseession with xenogears????

is it available in the uk cos i wanna play it just to find out....

I voted Mystic Quest...brilliant game...and more original than most ff concepts....tho prob cos it isnt part of the original series.....but i thought it was pretty good....if you havent played it yet...i would advise.....

i would always suggets soemthing new....so if there are any of those games there thst you HAVENT played yet...play that..... who knows you may learn to love it :D

Dreddz
06-11-2005, 01:05 PM
Xenogears/Xenosaga/FFT/FFXI werent released over here in UK
It sucks I know

Master.Pug
06-11-2005, 02:04 PM
VI!° play it a hundred times, then you are allowed to die a happy death ;)

Destai
06-11-2005, 02:27 PM
Xenogears/Xenosaga/FFT/FFXI werent released over here in UK
It sucks I knowFFXI has been in the UK since September of 04.

DarkItachi
06-11-2005, 04:01 PM
i say u should play star ocean 2, it really good and there are some cool like charactors.

ChaosCalibur
06-11-2005, 04:15 PM
Play Star Ocean >_> do it, you know you want to...

Madame Adequate
06-12-2005, 03:42 AM
Star Ocean 2. And before you finish it, go take on the Maze of Tribulations. And get all skills maxed on every character, and get every battle skill and spell up to 999 proficiency.

I'm not there yet, but one day... one day...

RedCydranth
06-12-2005, 08:01 AM
It appears as if Kefka and I have a date for a duel.

"Okay Sabin, Edgar, Relm, Mog, Locke, Terra! Off yer bums, Its time to get this party started!!!!"

I'll change my Avatar soon, once I decide who shall be my new face. Locke is pretty common, I'm actually thinking either Mog or Sabin.

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE! When i finish FF6, I will once again make a Poll of games so you can decide my fate again. Perhaps next time You'll vote Star Ocean 2, or FFVIII. Or you'll want to torment me with Beyond the Beyond. Who knows, by then I might not even put them on the list. I might put a whole different set of games!

THANK YOU!

Moderator, if you want to, you can close it. Not my decision. As you can see I leave my decisions to others, lol.