PDA

View Full Version : A chain letter that's educational? No!

Rye
06-11-2005, 02:06 AM
I really enjoyed this, I didn't know a few of the things here. As far as chain letters go, this isn't bad. Well, it isn't really a chain letter, but more of those "pass it on, this is cool" emails. But whatever.

Question 1:
If you knew a woman who was pregnant, who had 8 kids already, three who were deaf, two who were blind, one mentally retarded, and she had syphilis, would you recommend that she have an abortion?

Read the next question before looking at the response for this one.

Question 2:
It is time to elect a new world leader, and only your vote counts. Here are the facts about the three candidates.

Candidate A.
Associates with crooked politicians, and consults with astrologist. He's had two mistresses. He also chain smokes and drinks 8 to 10 martinis a day.

Candidate B.
He was kicked out of office twice, sleeps until noon, used opium in college and drinks a quart of whiskey every evening.

Candidate C.
He is a decorated war hero. He's a vegetarian, doesn't smoke, drinks an occasional beer and never cheated on his wife.

Which of these candidates would be your choice? Decide first... no peeking, then scroll down for the response.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Candidate A is Franklin D. Roosevelt.
Candidate B is Winston Churchill.
Candidate C is Adolph Hitler.

And, by the way, on your answer to the abortion question: If you said YES, you just killed Beethoven.

Pretty interesting isn't it? Makes a person think before judging someone.
Wait till you see the end of this note! Keep reading...

Never be afraid to try something new.
Remember: Amateurs...built the ark.
Professionals...built the Titanic

And Finally, can you imagine working for a company that has a little more than 500 employees and has the following statistics:
* 29 have been accused of spousal abuse
* 7 have been arrested for fraud
* 19 have been accused of writing bad checks
* 117 have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least 2 businesses
* 3 have done time for assault
* 71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit
* 14 have been arrested on drug-related charges
* 8 have been arrested for shoplifting
* 21 are currently defendants in lawsuits
* 84 have been arrested for drunk driving in the last year...
Can you guess which organization this is?

Give up yet?
It's the 535 members of the United States Congress. The same group
that crank out hundreds of new laws each year designed to keep the rest of us in line.

To give this a topic, if you had to be part of a new civilization (use your imagination as to why) and you had to pick a leader, would you rather have an clean (drinking and drug wise and morally) but not so intelligent or a person who drinks and engages in unmoral (well, having a mistress as the was said in that thing for example) activites but is a more intelligent person? What do you find important qualities of a leader? :)

muchacho
06-11-2005, 02:42 AM
i think you gotta have someone thats lived a little. like for the canidate question, i picked b (winston churchill)

StarlightAngel
06-11-2005, 02:46 AM
I picked B. Weird O_o

That's a very interesting chain letter!

TheAbominatrix
06-11-2005, 03:08 AM
Oh I remember this from years and years ago. I always liked it.

Raven Nox
06-11-2005, 03:11 AM
lol, that's really weird! It teaches a very good leason though. Not a bad chain letter...

Tigmafuzz
06-11-2005, 03:15 AM
educational... ow, brain!
*dies*

Madame Adequate
06-11-2005, 04:28 AM
I picked B. Any leader who drinks a quart of whiskey a day, and sleeps until noon, is my kind of guy. Seriouslah. I'll point out we won the war, too. Churchill kicks ass.

And, by the way, on your answer to the abortion question: If you said YES, you just killed Beethoven.

True. However, if Beethoven's mother had aborted him, we wouldn't have lost anything because we wouldn't know we lost anything. Think about how many children die in childbirth or are miscarried or aborted. Yes, it's sad, but we don't know what they would have created had they lived. Moreover, the statistics there indicate that it would be wisest to recommend caution before having any more kids.

The most important qualities I can think of in a leader are personal strength, and knowing what to do. That doesn't necessarily translate as intelligence, but it's probably closely related. At any rate the point is, we don't need leaders like Chamberlain who will sit around wavnig useless bits of paper decanting about peace, and completely ignoring Hitler's buildup. We need strong leaders like Bush or Thatcher - I'm not a fan of how Thatcher did what she did, but I do agree with her beliefs. I hate most of Bush's domestic policies. But the point is, they've both got a great deal of respect from me because they know what they believe in and they stick to it. A lot of politicians would fold under the pressure people like that get. Those who do not have something I'm willing to vote for.

Rye
06-11-2005, 02:50 PM
The most important qualities I can think of in a leader are personal strength, and knowing what to do. That doesn't necessarily translate as intelligence, but it's probably closely related. At any rate the point is, we don't need leaders like Chamberlain who will sit around wavnig useless bits of paper decanting about peace, and completely ignoring Hitler's buildup. We need strong leaders like Bush or Thatcher - I'm not a fan of how Thatcher did what she did, but I do agree with her methods. I hate most of Bush's domestic policies. But the ponit is, they've both got a great deal of respect from me because they know what they believe in and they stick to it. A lot of politicians would fold under the pressure people like that get. Those who do not have something I'm willing to vote for.

Mag-E-Thatch. :<3:

I picked B, btw.

udsuna
06-11-2005, 04:11 PM
I was caught up between B and C... but eventually decided "c" was too clean cut and there was SOMETHING that wasn't being said that would scare the **** out of me. I was right.

I like the old aztec (I think it was aztec?) theory that the higher you are on the power scale, the greater the punishment for your crimes. The people at the top were executed (promptly sacrificed to the gods) for almost any crime. Whereas peasants were given more leeway, and needed to do something particularly bad to warrent death.

Odaisé Gaelach
06-11-2005, 11:49 PM
And Finally, can you imagine working for a company that has a little more than 500 employees and has the following statistics:
* 29 have been accused of spousal abuse
* 7 have been arrested for fraud
* 19 have been accused of writing bad checks
* 117 have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least 2 businesses
* 3 have done time for assault
* 71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit
* 14 have been arrested on drug-related charges
* 8 have been arrested for shoplifting
* 21 are currently defendants in lawsuits
* 84 have been arrested for drunk driving in the last year...
Can you guess which organization this is?

Eyes on Final Fantasy? :eek:

Maxico
06-11-2005, 11:56 PM
Eyes on Final Fantasy? :eek:

Wouldn't be surprised.

Shlup
06-12-2005, 12:00 AM
I had answered the first two questions before, but hadn't seen the second half. Amusing.

-N-
06-12-2005, 12:16 AM
I voted for B - Churchill, because he drank whiskey.

nik0tine
06-12-2005, 01:44 AM
If I drink whiskey, will you vote for me in the ciddies next June?

I would much prefer to have an intelligent leader. An unintelligent person can't lead. In fact, an unintelligent person can't really do anything worth recognizing or anything too far out of the ordinary. Great people are always intelligent. An intelligent leader may lead us astray, but an unintelligent leader will lead us to ruin.