PDA

View Full Version : quesion about last boss (spoilers)

MAS82587
06-11-2005, 03:32 AM
so i was fighting yu yevon yesterday and about to beat the game for the first time, when yu yevon used ultima and did 9999 to every member of my party. i was really pissed, but then everyone came back to life, and i noticed that they all had auto-life on them. i talked to my brother about this (he has also beat FFX) and he says that auto-life is always on after beating Braska's Final Aeon. he said he alwasy thought it was a gift from the fayth or somehting, so you wouldnt lose the final fight. does anyone have any idea of why you cant lose the final fight to yu yevon? im just curious, because its weird that they made the game end like that.

TheAbominatrix
06-11-2005, 03:37 AM
For the same reason you cant lose the final battle against Sephiroth in VII. Braska's Final Aeon is the final boss, as far as battles go. The battle against Yu Yevon is just tying up all the loose ends.

Cruise Control
06-11-2005, 03:42 AM
It's a story fight, if you lose, you wouldn't know how that ends and that would seriously suck!

MAS82587
06-11-2005, 03:58 AM
For the same reason you cant lose the final battle against Sephiroth in VII. Braska's Final Aeon is the final boss, as far as battles go. The battle against Yu Yevon is just tying up all the loose ends.

but that battle seemed a lot more straight foward, cuz all u could do was omnislash and the only person u had was cloud. it didnt seem like a real battle as much. but still, where did these auto-lives come from?

TheAbominatrix
06-11-2005, 04:02 AM
Which doesnt change the essence of the battle. They're both symbolic ends that cant be lost. The auto-lives probably came from the Aeons.

Cruise Control
06-11-2005, 05:49 AM
Good Answer, I couldn't think of one!