PDA

View Full Version : Trying to fight the Ronso...

kimmi
06-11-2005, 09:13 AM
Hey can someone help! I'm totally stuck!
Am fighting Gamrik (or whatever his name is...) to stop him killing the guado... and I keep dying!
I'm in chapter 3 and my characters are about level 30... Should I wait and level up? Or what?! I dunno... :(

kimmi

Emily52
06-11-2005, 09:20 AM
It says in my guide book that you should make a Songstress use Matadors Song or Darkness Dance to gurad against their physical attacks.
You can also use a poison attack on the Ronso Youths, but there is an 8% chance that it won't work on Garik.
It also says that you shouldn't worry about the Ronso Youths to start with and concentrate on Garik.
You should make a White Mage use Protect, to guard from physical attacks and also make sure she uses Pray or Cure when it's needed.

My advice is to make an Alchemist mix Holy Water and a Fire/Ice/Water/Lightning/Holy Gem which deals a lot of damage.
;)

kimmi
06-11-2005, 12:04 PM

Cruise Control
06-11-2005, 01:15 PM
Another idea is that when he uses Mighty Guard, break out the white mage and cast dispel on their asses. Despite what the book says, take out the midgets first. It's so much easier when only two people are stabbing you with spears. Reflect is good to, since blind will bounce right off and hes not immune to darkness.

lulusgirl
06-11-2005, 03:35 PM
Or you could do what i do and just use paine's sds.he WAS pretty hard.Good Luck.

Markus. D
06-16-2005, 11:43 PM
Hey can someone help! I'm totally stuck!
Am fighting Gamrik (or whatever his name is...) to stop him killing the guado... and I keep dying!
I'm in chapter 3 and my characters are about level 30... Should I wait and level up? Or what?! I dunno... :(

kimmi

that battle is the best place (in my eyes) to train your special dresses... i learned swords dance and great whirl in that battle... the only move i from the special dresses i ddnt learn was rikku's final attack.

The Anarchy Angel
06-17-2005, 06:54 PM
This battle is a breeze if you gained ronso trust...and a songstress will die very quickly without sufficient priotection and healing. So, equip one white mage with at least Dispel, Cura and Protect learnt and cast on all three characters at once (by pushing down the right d-pad button). Have one Warrior to use powerbreak and such alike and a powerful dressphere to deplete the hp quickly, he does attack very fast so i suggest equipping Highroad Wings garment grid so you can start immediately

Seefu Sefirosu
06-20-2005, 08:49 AM
I just used Yuna's special dress and beat on him for half an hour...

Ben
06-30-2005, 03:28 PM
Acually I read in another thread that you should not beat him and let him kill the guado and you some item I'm not sure but I would stop him because I did and I don't belive some of the things on this website. I'm already in chapter 5 and all of my characters are fine with what they have.

Nick :)
07-07-2005, 05:00 PM
I haven't touched on that ground but all I can say is goto a place where fiends are hard and level up. Try to get Paine to master Warrior and get her to do Excalabur (which is a holy attack) and it can deal quite a bit of damage. Yuna should master her gunner ability and use On The Level skill which deals damage to an enemy according to their EXP. Rikku should learn White magic and cast protect on party. Alternatively, use the Helios Guard Garment Grid and it will let you cast protect. I use this tactic for fighting hard assed fiends.

BizzerocitY
07-07-2005, 08:45 PM
I beat him in about 2 minutes, literally. My party is around level 40 (36-40) Somehow it unbalanced the way they levelled up. I used Rikku as a Mastered Thief, Paine as like 30% DarkKnight and Yuna as Mastered White Mage, and all I did was attack in chains with Rikku and Paine, and used dispell once, and pray the rest of the time. it was so easy, you should have built Ronso trust.

Dr.M
07-18-2005, 06:26 AM
if u got alchemist (with auto haste) mix holy water+any gem=KA BOOM bye bye gerik and co.
or white mage - dispel for when they use mighty gaurd or something
dark knight(x2) - darkness for smashing hp

Tensa Zangetsu
07-21-2005, 11:04 AM
Lady luck -> Random Reels -> Dark Matter :o

Quare
07-21-2005, 11:09 PM
geeez.. all the battles inn FF X-2 are sooo simple but this is just riddiculus !!! attack attack attack attack.. Ronso died :p