PDA

View Full Version : What's going one here?

Social Moon Firesky
06-11-2005, 01:27 PM
Okles, so in the FMV at the end, where Squall walks across the desert, what's the relevance of the feather? And why is there all that stuff with distorted Rinoas and her space-helmet exploding? What does it all mean? Sorry for my ignorance, I've only seen the ending once, and it was a LONG time ago, so I've forgotten it all. Can someone explain it to me please? :D

BG-57
06-11-2005, 02:39 PM
The feather is a reference to Rinoa. While Squall has the lion theme (surname, limit, gunblade, GF), Rinoa has an angel theme. The back of her dress has a pair of angel wings emblazoned on it. Her dog is named Angelo. She has a limit called Angel Wing.

The opening FMV also has feathers appearing in it, in conjuction with the appearance of Rinoa. If I'm not mistaken she actually appears with angel wings in one scene.

As for the space stuff, Squall is lost in time and trying to find his way back. Rinoa is providing him with guidance to return to a place and time they shared.

Social Moon Firesky
06-11-2005, 02:46 PM
Yeah, in the end scene when Squall catches the feather, a pair of angel wings appear.

ChaosCalibur
06-11-2005, 04:34 PM
It was time replaying different scenarios until it got to the right one, i think :/

SeeDRankLou
06-11-2005, 11:03 PM
If you remember in the opening FMV, Rinoa catches a pink feather. She opens her hand, it has turned white and hovers over her hand. It stays in place for a moment and then flies off into the sky. We have no idea what the hell that meant in the beginning, but now that we are at the end we know that Rinoa is a sorceress. We also know that she is in the flower field looking for Squall and she can't find him. So that feather that falls down infront of Squall that he catches I think is suppose to be the same feather that Rinoa turned white, which she more than likely made to lead her to Squall.

Squall's visions of Rinoa are up for interpretation. I think they are just Squall halucinating, realizing that he is without Rinoa and that he may never see her again.

Xaven
06-12-2005, 01:01 AM
Note that Squall says/thinks "I want to see your [Rinoa's] face." The distortions he sees are mainly on her face. I believe it is him desperately trying to visualize her, but is unable to concentrate, thus the distortions.

DMKA
06-12-2005, 02:34 AM
If you remember in the opening FMV, Rinoa catches a pink feather.
Flower petal silly. :p

rubah
06-12-2005, 04:13 AM
petals= rinoa
white feathers= squall[+rinoa]
black feathers= seifer

at least, as I remember. or figure. or whatever.

The True seeD
06-12-2005, 01:47 PM
petals= rinoa
white feathers= squall[+rinoa]
black feathers= seifer

at least, as I remember. or figure. or whatever.

Yeah, that's always what I kind of got from the whole petal/feather thing.

Slade
06-12-2005, 11:30 PM
Im pretty sure the continuing blurry images of Rinoa that keep coming up are because Squall is begining to forget. In the Ragnarok Laguna said something about not forgeting your friends and that if you remember your friends they will exsist....or something along those lines. I think Squall (mainly because off believing he is alone in that desert place) starts to forget his friends (mainly Rinoa) and tries to rmemeber but cant quite get it.....and thats the reason for the blurry images of her.....thats how i see it. The only thing i dont get is the space helmet exploding and Rinoa dying.......perhaps he is so messed up that he thought he remembered that happening or something.

Markus. D
06-13-2005, 01:07 AM
artistically the differant coloured feathers represent the love triangle between the three.

Captain Maxx Power
06-13-2005, 11:42 AM
It's all artistic representation people. Try not to think too hard about it. Everything turns out peachy in the end so no need to fret.

boys from the dwarf
06-14-2005, 07:15 PM
It's all artistic representation people. Try not to think too hard about it. Everything turns out peachy in the end so no need to fret.
i agree.dont get too worked up about it.