PDA

View Full Version : 3G Phones ?

Dreddz
06-11-2005, 10:27 PM
I hear people saying that the 3G phones were disappointing and ive heard some others say not. Ive stuck with the crappy Sony Ericsson T610 for ages and today I got the Nokia 6680 ( which ive gladly got a pic ), this is a 3G phone and in words I think its great !
Whats your opinion on 3G ?

Little Miss Awesome
06-11-2005, 11:12 PM
I don't know, but I like the 3 adverts! :cool:

Meat Puppet
06-12-2005, 02:13 AM
It's name is 3G. (I think)

Ko Ko
06-12-2005, 02:15 AM
It's name is 3G. (I think)
It's okay, MP. *pats*

DMKA
06-12-2005, 02:51 AM
lol cellphone addicts

Mittopotahis
06-12-2005, 03:10 AM
3 Phones are great, (or 3G, same thing) but there seem to be ALOT of problems with them...My mum has some phone...LG...and she is on her 4th one, because there is always something wrong with the other ones...She hasnt had it more than a year!...but this new one is pretty good though...nothing wrong...

Madame Adequate
06-12-2005, 03:16 AM
Cellphones are an inferior communucation method. They rely on power, on pylons, networks, and all of those need power as well. We ought to develop an inherant capacity for long-distance telepathic communication.

As it is, I can't offer an opinion. Cellphones are a drain on my resources I don't need, a little like the GDI Light Tank. Useful in certain situations, but generally nothing noteworthy.

Dreddz
06-12-2005, 10:13 AM
3 Phones are great, (or 3G, same thing) but there seem to be ALOT of problems with them...My mum has some phone...LG...and she is on her 4th one, because there is always something wrong with the other ones...She hasnt had it more than a year!...but this new one is pretty good though...nothing wrong...
The phones actually made by 3 are rigged with glitchy buggs
If your server is 3 then your OK
My Phone is Nokia and my server is 3
3G phones are the 3rd generation phones

Mittopotahis
06-12-2005, 10:46 AM
Does that mean there are 1G and 2G? If so, what ones are they?

Dreddz
06-12-2005, 11:16 AM
That confused me abit, there was no 1G or 2G phones but 3G ?

Peegee
06-12-2005, 11:53 AM
Cellphones are an inferior communucation method. They rely on power, on pylons, networks, and all of those need power as well. We ought to develop an inherant capacity for long-distance telepathic communication.

As it is, I can't offer an opinion. Cellphones are a drain on my resources I don't need, a little like the GDI Light Tank. Useful in certain situations, but generally nothing noteworthy.

You started out well and I wanted to know what your solution was, then you had to end it with spam.

Damn you. Only I can do that. I challenge you to voodoo soccer turbo edition 3: the final mouse button.

Chris
06-12-2005, 12:05 PM
I don't have a Cell phone right now... :(

Madame Adequate
06-12-2005, 01:09 PM
That confused me abit, there was no 1G or 2G phones but 3G ?

There were 1G and 2G phones, but nobody called them that because it wasn't anything special.

Damn you. Only I can do that. I challenge you to voodoo soccer turbo edition 3: the final mouse button.

*Accepts challenge and wins* Nice try, though. You had me worried for a little... keep practising =D

Jess
06-12-2005, 02:26 PM
My phone is 3G, and I like it. I don't really care though, aslong as I can text and call people, I'm happy. :)

The Anarchy Angel
06-12-2005, 02:46 PM
Three is the magic number, everyone loves three! Who cares, it's only a phone, but with a three in it!!

Dreddz
06-12-2005, 04:00 PM
3 is good at first as you can get the handset free
But after a while it gets expensive, really expensive

Rye
06-12-2005, 04:05 PM
I'm stuck with a phone that doesn't even have colour. :/

Dreddz
06-12-2005, 04:28 PM
*points and laughs*

Rye
06-12-2005, 04:31 PM
*points and laughs*

I usually get that reaction. My mom thinks a colourless phone is perfectly suitable and that my phone is "only two years old." :(

Resha
06-12-2005, 04:35 PM
Someone once stole my handphone, and I was traumatised for years afterwards. I still am! But I have no idea if my phone is 3G. @_@ I just text and call people; good 'nuff for me! ^_^

Endless
06-12-2005, 04:50 PM

First and second generation, from the user's point of view have very little visible difference. It's based on GSM and evolved, with gains mostly in terms of cellphone autonomy, range, and number of simultaneous users. Pre 3G phones can access basic web functionalities (wap, email), what 3G brings is an even better communication system (UMTS) that allows much higher transfer rates, thus allowing live streams of video/music on top of the previous functionalities.

Jojee
06-12-2005, 05:14 PM
I don't have a 3G phone but I love mine ^_^ Why upgrade your phone so much that it can go online and stuff? Phones are for calling...!

Dreddz
06-12-2005, 06:47 PM

First and second generation, from the user's point of view have very little visible difference. It's based on GSM and evolved, with gains mostly in terms of cellphone autonomy, range, and number of simultaneous users. Pre 3G phones can access basic web functionalities (wap, email), what 3G brings is an even better communication system (UMTS) that allows much higher transfer rates, thus allowing live streams of video/music on top of the previous functionalities.
My friend told me it had something to do with web functions
Guess he was right