PDA

View Full Version : I don't what some attacks and abilities do.

Alexander
06-12-2005, 01:03 AM
Namely:

Cherry Blossom
Thunder Slash
Dragon's Breath
No Mercy
"Mag Elem Null" ability
Shiva/Ifrit/Odin/Bahamut/Atomos (see below)

I mean...

I don't really know the point of Cherry Blossom.
Why the hell does Thunder Slash always miss? x.x
How is Dragon's Breath's damage calculated?
How is No Mercy's damage calculated?
I have no freaking clue about Mag Elem Null's function...
And I'm not crazy to confirm this, but... can you use Dagger's Summons on Disc 1/2 if you leveled up enough?

Can you guys help me? >_<

Necronopticous
06-12-2005, 02:44 AM
I don't know about the actual damage calculation but you most certainly can use Dagger's summons before the extraction if you acquire enough MP; I've done it myself.

SoftReset
06-12-2005, 03:32 AM
http://www.ffonline.com/ff9/characters.htm

^ Go there, they have lists of what abilities do what.

Alexander
06-12-2005, 05:51 PM
I don't know about the actual damage calculation but you most certainly can use Dagger's summons before the extraction if you acquire enough MP; I've done it myself.

Yay. XD
She can use even Bahamut if she has enough MP? (You must be a crazy guy if you leveled her to THIS point)
But the Summons must cause a little crappy damage. I mean, no jewels, no Boost... XD

Aaand thanks for the site, SoftReset o.o/

EDIT: Hey! What's the point of Thunder Slash then? Ite reduces ONLY 19% of oponents HP, besides it has 0% chance of hitting! That's why it always misses to me u_u

Necronopticous
06-12-2005, 08:06 PM
I managed to get her leveled up to the point where she was using the first couple summons but I'm sure it would follow that you would be able to use them all provided you pulled off the MP it requires.

boys from the dwarf
06-14-2005, 07:29 PM
FF online is one of the most informative sites of FF and also a good source of FF music(im listening to "your not alone" right now!)some of there FF9 theories are incorrect but it might be the other ones ive heard that are incorrect.

sirlaguna
07-04-2005, 04:02 PM
Yeah i use ff online though they haven't updated it for ff x-2 which is a shame as it's a really good site!

lilman2907
07-06-2005, 11:40 PM
The only ability i can really help with is dragon's breath.............kill more dragons and it does more damage!!!

Masamune·1600
07-07-2005, 12:22 AM
The only ability i can really help with is dragon's breath.............kill more dragons and it does more damage!!!

That's Dragon's Crest, which deals damage equal to (dragons defeated)^2. Dragon Breath deals all-attacking damage equal to the damage the target has previously sustained in the battle.