PDA

View Full Version : Tifa Getting Killed?

kawaiileena
06-12-2005, 04:40 AM
Okay, if there is already a thread like this, you can delete or lock it. But I saw this rumor in some sites... is it true that Tifa can get killed instead of Aeris? If you are MEAN to Tifa, she'll jump over in front of Aeris and she'll get stabbed instead of Sephiroth.

I wonder if it's true?

DJZen
06-12-2005, 04:44 AM
This is what's called a "blatant falsehood". No, this CAN NOT HAPPEN. Aeris dies, there's NO getting around it. There is NO alternative. It's part of the storyline. You can NOT change this. If anyone insists otherwise they're either lying or naive.

kawaiileena
06-12-2005, 04:47 AM
Really? Well, that's good then... Tifa's my favorite character, I don't want her to get killed.... but then, it was just a rumor. Not all rumors are true, though... lol

timmy64
06-12-2005, 06:10 AM
This is what's called a "blatant falsehood". No, this CAN NOT HAPPEN. Aeris dies, there's NO getting around it. There is NO alternative. It's part of the storyline. You can NOT change this. If anyone insists otherwise they're either lying or naive.
the reason for this being a major part in the story, if you notice, the "Holy" materia only appears to have been glowing after Aeris died, so it must have needed her "spirit energy" to activate, as Sephiroth needed a huge amount of it to use Meteor

Squall of SeeD
06-12-2005, 01:18 PM
the reason for this being a major part in the story, if you notice, the "Holy" materia only appears to have been glowing after Aeris died, so it must have needed her "spirit energy" to activate, as Sephiroth needed a huge amount of it to use Meteor

Like any other Materia (except the Black Materia), Holy only required that someone be connected to the Planet:

Sephiroth
"...the knowledge and wisdom of the Ancients is held in the
materia."
"Anyone with this knowledge can freely use the powers of the Land and the Planet. That knowledge interacts between ourselves and the planet calling up magic..... or so they say."

Cloud
"Search for Holy... How do we do it?"

Bugenhagen
"Speak to the planet."
"Get the White Materia... This will bond the Planet to humans."

Bugenhagen
"Then speak to the planet."
"If our wish reaches the planet, the White Materia will begin to
glow a pale green."

It didn't require anyone to die.

The True seeD
06-12-2005, 01:56 PM
No...it didn't require anyone to die. BUT..I had absolutly NO problem with Aeris dying :thumb:

:chop:
he had it coming....

kawaiileena
06-12-2005, 03:14 PM
so, you mean, if it doesn't require anyone to die, there is a possibilty Tifa can get killed? The site said that there will be twists at whatever options you choose and whether you are mean or nice to the person.

TurkSlayer
06-12-2005, 03:52 PM
so, you mean, if it doesn't require anyone to die, there is a possibilty Tifa can get killed? The site said that there will be twists at whatever options you choose and whether you are mean or nice to the person.

the Golden Saucer Date and I think the Highwind scene near the end are the only things that being mean or nice changes. And believe me, I have been mean to Tifa before (I want to get Aeris at least once on the date),and Tifa DOES NOT DIE!!! Aeris dies, no matter what happens. The story would be completely different if it were the other way around. Whoever wrote this rumor of yours was just trying to fool people.

kawaiileena
06-12-2005, 04:55 PM
Ohhh..I see then. Thanks TurkSlayer. I was asking about your opinion about it, and wondering if it's true. I just found it in some sites, so yeah. I understand now, thanks. :D

Squall of SeeD
06-12-2005, 06:12 PM
Just to elaborate further, being horrendously cold to Tifa only changes the Cloud-Tifa Highwind scene near the end of the game, while it can have a potential effect on the Gold Saucer date.

Anyway, aside from the fact that Aerith and Tifa's roles being reversed would change the second half of the entire game, if it were possible, a GameShark or game code-hacking device would have found it by now.

DJZen
06-12-2005, 07:44 PM
Not to mention the fact that ever since games have been put on optical discs (CDs, GDs, and DVDs) it's been QUITE possible to simply view the contents. Every last picture, song, 3D model and FMV in FFVII has been discovered. There is NO undiscovered secret. It's just like the beatles said... there's nothing you can know that isn't known, nothing you can see that isn't shown. Aeris dies. It's not an opinion, it's a fact. With the exception of not playing the game, it simply is going to happen no matter what.

eestlinc
06-13-2005, 04:09 AM
You could just switch their names around in the beginning and pretend.

Seal Evil
06-13-2005, 12:44 PM
But I saw this rumor in some sites... is it true that Tifa can get killed instead of Aeris? If you are MEAN to Tifa, she'll jump over in front of Aeris and she'll get stabbed instead of Sephiroth.
I don't believe that.

Khaotic
06-13-2005, 03:37 PM
I cant believe people actually believe this stuff...

Fire_Emblem776
06-14-2005, 06:54 AM
Not to mention the fact that ever since games have been put on optical discs (CDs, GDs, and DVDs) it's been QUITE possible to simply view the contents. Every last picture, song, 3D model and FMV in FFVII has been discovered. There is NO undiscovered secret. It's just like the beatles said... there's nothing you can know that isn't known, nothing you can see that isn't shown. Aeris dies. It's not an opinion, it's a fact. With the exception of not playing the game, it simply is going to happen no matter what.

actually that raise more questions see

http://www.ff7citadel.com/secrets/sa_seen4.shtml

ares diolog in disk 2!!

Xaven
06-14-2005, 07:16 AM

ares diolog in disk 2!!

I don't trust that site. *doesn't even bother checking* Now, even less because Squall of SeeD said it wasn't very reliable. Since I've seen that he's right 99.9% of the time, I'll trust his statement.

Seifer
06-15-2005, 12:00 AM
Actually, it's completely possible. Infact, I made a mod for FFVII called "Tifa Jumps In Front of Aeris On the Alter and DIES!!! HAHAHAHAHA!"

With my excellent programming and artistic skills, I rescripted the whole entire scene and created models in 3D Studio Max that simulated the models they used in the pre-rendered scenes, and rendered it in real time! It is excellent, oh yes. It moves...so smooth...so...smooth. *emits semi-orgasmic noises*

By the way, don't ask for the mod, because I'm not giving it to you. I could be sued by SE if it was ever distributed!

Squall of SeeD
06-15-2005, 02:53 AM

ares diolog in disk 2!!

And Cid and Yuffie can have lines as early as the Mithril Mines, but no one's arguing that you're supposed to have them that early.

By the way, thanks for the compliment, Xaven.

Khimbar
06-15-2005, 03:56 AM
yup, Squall of SeeD is definately a cool cool guy.......

kawaiileena
06-15-2005, 10:45 AM
I cant believe people actually believe this stuff...

Actually, I don't even believe it either... I'm just asking your opinions about it...

ff-fanatix
06-15-2005, 12:17 PM
why doesnt someone just pin that thread about the aeris death conspiracy that squall fo SeeD did.....or when someone signs up send them an instant e-mail stating that it is IMPOSSIBLE for Aeris to NOT die!

getting fed up of the same ol threads now just with different names...

Squall of SeeD
06-15-2005, 10:21 PM
why doesnt someone just pin that thread about the aeris death conspiracy that squall fo SeeD did.....or when someone signs up send them an instant e-mail stating that it is IMPOSSIBLE for Aeris to NOT die!

Well, Kawaii did add my post with the proof that she can't be revived to the pinned FAQ Thread. Granted, few folks read FAQ Threads when they first join Forums.

Lord Magician
06-15-2005, 11:53 PM
The game was made for aeris to die. Everyone that says nonsence like this is liars that want to be famous by spreading rumors.

nik0tine
06-15-2005, 11:56 PM
The game was made for aeris to die. Everyone that says nonsence like this is liars that want to be famous by spreading rumors.
No, it's true.

ff-fanatix
06-16-2005, 12:03 AM

Well, Kawaii did add my post with the proof that she can't be revived to the pinned FAQ Thread. Granted, few folks read FAQ Threads when they first join Forums.

why would we want to read a boring ol FAQ???? lol

Holy_Aeris
06-16-2005, 12:07 AM
this is a load of pants!!!
I mean do you think the storyline would be just as good with Aeris still alive and Tifa gone. Everything woud change! The story, the FMVs!
no No NOOOOOO!!!!!!

now look what ya done, you got me upset!!!!! stupid people and their stupid ideas!!!!! Leave the game beeeee!

kawaiileena
06-16-2005, 01:40 PM
Well, sorry if I got you upset about it...

Armisael
06-16-2005, 02:08 PM
Just to elaborate further, being horrendously cold to Tifa only changes the Cloud-Tifa Highwind scene near the end of the game, while it can have a potential effect on the Gold Saucer date.

Really?Is it a big change on it?

And on topic,there's no way Tifa dies..Aeris dies in the end of the first disc no matter what you have done..

Holy_Aeris
06-16-2005, 02:17 PM
Some random girl just went and pm me saying she killed tifa instead of aeris, and then she goes and gives me this-

The Resurrection of Aeris:
Final Fantasy VII is a magnificently wonderful game, one which provides the user with an excellent story and very engaging combat. Even so, almost any person who has played the game can find at least one thing in it that does not please them. For many, this was the death of Aeris at the hands of Sephiroth. While there have been many rumors regarding her resurrection over the last couple of years, they have all been proved to be just that, rumors. It has now been discovered, however, that fans of the game do not have to live with her death any longer. Following is a proven method of bringing Aeris back to life:
Things you will need to complete this activity:
Four Tissues (lose battles at the arena)
One mastered Revive materia
The Buster Sword (Cloud's initial equipment, required because of the association with Aeris)
A substantial amount of playing time (Enough to level up the materia)
The PC or Playstation (PSX, Euro, Japanese, American) version of the game
Every player of the game is familiar with the revive materia, the one that contains the spells life and life2. What most do not know is the fact that this materia can gain AP even after it has been mastered, with an interesting result. Revive can be leveled up to level four, even though it only has three visible levels.

To obtain the extra level, you must first accumulate 800,000 AP after revive has been mastered (Depending on how you played the game, you may have to get up to 1,500,000 AP. The only way to do so is to use the Buster Sword, Cloud's first weapon(as far as is known, no other weapon works), and fasten the mastered revive materia to it. You should then go to a place where you can get lots of AP, such as the North Cave. Fight the Magic Pots (the ones that ask for elixirs) until you have accumulated the required AP. You should then have received another spell for revive, Resurrect.

It's obvious what you must use the new spell for. The next place that you must go is to Aeris' house in Midgar. If you have not already obtained the Sector 5 key, you must go to the Bone Village and have the diggers dig next to the airplane. Once you have the key, proceed to Midgar, and visit Aeris' house. Go to her room.

Nothing will happen at first, but you can spur on an important series of events if you use four tissues (lose or win fights in the battle arena) next to Aeris' bed. After you do this, Cloud will be overcome with grief, and will yell, "Why did you have to die?." Once he composes himself, the other people in your party will come out, and Cloud will discuss with them his desire to bring Aeris back to life. They will question you at first, but will soon be brought to agreement.

Your group will suggest that you visit the church in Midgar, where you may find some insight on how to get Aeris back.

On the way to the church, use the savepoint to access your PHS. Make sure that your party includes Cait Sith. Then enter the church (if this is your first time in it after disk one, you will see a ghost of Aeris). The two children who appear next to the flower bed will ask where the flower girl is, but will then notice the cat (Cait Sith) in your group. They will ask to play with the cat, and Cait will agree to it and leave the church with the children. The ghost of Aeris will then appear before you. She will mention the resurrect spell (which you should already have), and will tell you to go to the Ancient City, which is your next destination. Retrieve Cait Sith from the children and proceed.

At the city, go to the spot where Bugenhagen inserted the key (the waterfall with the crystal in the middle of it) and enter the waterfall. Here, Cloud will remember what Aeris told him, and will take the Revive materia out of his pocket (or wherever it was at the time). He will mutter, "I never got to tell you...," and begin to cry. Composing himself, Cloud will place the materia on the pedestal in the center of the waterfall and kneel before it in prayer. The materia glows brightly and begins to shimmer with a green light. It then turns into a ball of light and shatters. In front of Cloud, the crystal glows so brightly that he must hide his eyes from it. When the light goes down again, Cloud looks up and sees a ghostly image of Aeris, which tells him to go back to Midgar and enter the Church.

At the church, the image of Aeris will appear again, but this time it will not vanish. Your group inspects the flower bed, and Aeris gets up and walks towards you. It is then that you notice that she is not a ghost. As if to answer your unspoken question, Aeris looks at Cloud and says, "Don't worry, Cloud, it really is me... Maybe now we can do all those things that we never finished the first time around..."

You will now be able to fufill the promise you made to Aeris (That you would take her on the airship someday), a plot hole that simply would not make sense

Sefie1999AD
06-16-2005, 02:44 PM
Holy_Aeris: Yeah, I also remember that revival thing, and even the photoshopped pictures concerning the rumor. However, the guy who made that story admitted it that it was nothing but a false myth, an untrue rumor. I've even talked with him a few times in MSN. I think he liked Aeris' character and he wanted to try out his picture editing and website making skills, and so he made that site for Aeris. Despite creating such a huge rumor, he's still a pretty cool guy, and the web page with the rumor looked very professional with all those pictures and other things like that.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
06-16-2005, 06:32 PM
I'd like to add that I trust the citadel site. I should probably try a few other things they tell you to do, using the debug room. They don't say that you can revive Aeris, but I'm sure the lines do exist for Aeris in the Icicle Inn. That doesn't mean you can revive her; they theorise that they originally intended for her to still be alive at that point, but they must have changed their minds.

btw, I've been to the debug room on the PC version, and I've been to that hidden room that they mentioned, so that exists.