PDA

View Full Version : Just bought the FFV OST...it sucked

ThroneofDravaris
06-12-2005, 05:25 AM
I went to EMPIRE Toys yesterday to find the FFVI OST, and in failing to find it, decided to buy the FFV one instead. It was miss priced, so I got it for $18.95 rather than $34.95, yet to be honest, I still feel kind of cheated. On the 2 disk set of about 64 tracks, I only found about 5 of them to be any good. I was surprised by this, since I have enjoyed most of the tracks from FFVI-X. So my question, why were the tunes in FF5 so bad, when FFVI was able to produce some great music on the same system? Was the score for FFV composed by a different person in the next game?

…Liked the original Moogle theme though…

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-12-2005, 01:30 PM
I'd say it's a problem on your end, really.

ThroneofDravaris
06-12-2005, 03:38 PM
No, I don't think its personal taste. I genuinely believe that less thought was put into the music in 5 than in 6. The music in 6 was great, yet the music in 5 was rather monotonous (God, I love that word). So, I was wondering if the games had different composers working on them. Not that it matters, I’ve already bought the damn thing, I was just wondering if anyone thought the same way about the FF5 OST.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-12-2005, 05:28 PM
Up until FFX, Nobuo Uematsu was the sole composer for the main series. So, no, it wasn't a different guy.

As for comparing FFV's music to that of FFVI, consider that FFVI was prettymuch a turning point for the level of importance music had in the series; it had the first instance of actual vocals (garbled and digitized as they were), and so on. Compare the soundtrack of ANY pre-FFVI game to any post-FFVI game and you'll probably notice the same difference.

Chris
06-12-2005, 05:58 PM
I loved the Soundtrack for this game.
I thought it was very nostalgic and very atmostpheric. o_______o

ShivaBlizzard8
06-12-2005, 06:13 PM
If you really want to appreciate FF5's soundtrack, listen to the FF5: Dear Friends album. It has the most memorable themes and the arrangements are great, IMHO. I think it might change your mind.

Destai
06-12-2005, 09:12 PM
I didnt like Xenogears or Xenosaga I soundtrack the first time I heard. So I sat down and listened to it again...and again...and again....and then I changed my mind. I rarely like music the first time I listen to it and I dont think Im the only one.

Necronopticous
06-12-2005, 09:28 PM
I only found about 5 of them to be any good.Have you ever played through Final Fantasy V? A lot of the time I find that people don't fully appreciate the soundtrack of a game they haven't played through because the tunes aren't at all nostalgic to them. Final Fantasy VI remains one of my favorite soundtracks in the world and I have reason to believe it's because it was a special time in my life and that enhances the music tenfold. That said, I think the Final Fantasy V OST was excellent. Final Fantasy V piano collections are on my playlist on a regular basis.

Captain Maxx Power
06-12-2005, 11:46 PM
Any track from an FF game raises a smile with me, usually because I think "O yeah, this is from suchandsuchaplace, there was this guy here, and I remember when I..." and so on.

Hinky the Pickle
06-13-2005, 01:39 AM
I actually think FFV has one of the best soundtracks of any FF game. Yes, sure, there are a few duds here and there but overall I thought it was a great OST. I almost wanked off the first time I heard 'Decisive Battle'. Such a good tune.

eestlinc
06-13-2005, 02:41 AM
If you don't like it I'm sure you could sell it on eBay or somewhere like that for at least as much as you paid for it.

Takara
06-13-2005, 08:16 AM
... or you can give it to me. That's right, GIVE it. :p

Teek
06-13-2005, 08:45 PM
I'd say it's a problem on your end, really.

Agreed. FFV is better than VI for me, music-wise.

MoonZapdos
06-13-2005, 10:49 PM
Well why didn't you just download the music from the EoFF site? -_-

ThroneofDravaris
06-14-2005, 02:46 PM
Well why didn't you just download the music from the EoFF site? -_-

Because then I wouldn't have anything to spend money on. :D

Rengori
06-14-2005, 06:17 PM
Dude, can you give it to me?

eestlinc
06-14-2005, 06:30 PM
Please don't turn this thread into a begging festival.

Magnus2501
06-20-2005, 07:29 AM
To be honest, the only track I've REALLY liked so far is the tune played on the Big Bridge when you first get to Galuf's World. (track title anyone?)

Jowy
06-20-2005, 07:38 AM
Battle on the Big Bridge.