PDA

View Full Version : Cars...speeding...crashing.

Jewels
06-13-2005, 03:21 AM
Who drives? Have you ever got a speeding ticket or had a horrible crash? If you don't drive, are you planning to?

I drive, never got a speeding ticket and haven't had a crash yet. My brother was in a pretty bad crash the other week, and his car's been completely written off. But he's getting heaps of money for it. Gotta love insurance :)

Yamaneko
06-13-2005, 03:24 AM
I drive. No tickets, no accidents, <s>no problem</s>. I've been involved in accidents with someone else driving, though.

Mittopotahis
06-13-2005, 03:24 AM
I have drove once, and that was under strict supervision of my mother, at about 5 km/h, and in an empty car park!

SomethingBig
06-13-2005, 03:27 AM
Yep. I got my license 2 months ago. When I had my permit, I fell asleep behind the wheel on the highway doing 60 mph. How am I still alive? Hm...

I stay within 5 mph past the speed limit. I'm such a good driver. I mean not.

Kamiko
06-13-2005, 03:29 AM
The first time I ever drove, I put the car in reverse and almost killed my aunt.
But I love to drive anyway. It's just scary sometimes because I feel so inept.

Apollo
06-13-2005, 03:34 AM
I have my restricted license. I don't drive as often as I used to though. I'm taking my last segment of Drivers Education this summer, yay! :D

Shoeberto
06-13-2005, 03:36 AM
Been an independant driver since last October. No speeding tickets or crashes.

I was in a car once, though, and we got rear-ended.

Peegee
06-13-2005, 03:46 AM
I almost killed my ex gf several times. Yay!

eestlinc
06-13-2005, 03:52 AM
I've been driving for 8 years now. That sounds strange...

I have one speeding ticket that I got in 2003 in Dayton, OH for going 80mph in a 65mph zone on the highway.

When I was 18 I ran off the road and flipped my car on a wet and windy road when I skidded, swerved, and lost control. I didn't hit anyone else and I wasn't hurt, but it was very surreal.

I got rear ended by someone on my way to work last year also.

Cless
06-13-2005, 03:58 AM
I have absolutely no plans to drive, because:

1. I can just walk everywhere, and for long distances, get a bus/taxi/train
2. It's expensive.
3. I have no interest in cars, they bore me.
4. I would be scared of crashing, given all the accidents these days.
5. It's more eco-friendly.
6. I don't get out much anyway! ;)

So, there you have it folks. I do realize there are plenty of advantages to driving, though in my case, they're outweighed by the disadvantages.

Shlup
06-13-2005, 04:01 AM
I got a parking ticket once for parallel parking outside my house crooked. I was tired. ;___;

Never gotten any other tickets though. I've been rearended twice but those weren't my fault. For the second one I got more money than I paid for the car and a fancy rental car for a month for free. Woo!

I drive like... maybe once or twice a month. I prefer to walk or carpool or... not drive. To be honest, I'm the kind of driver that gives other drivers road rage. I usually only drive to my dad's house or the pet store and back.

Yamaneko
06-13-2005, 04:03 AM
I'm the road rage person.

Shlup
06-13-2005, 04:05 AM
I'm the road rage person.
BUT IF I GET OFF MY CELL PHONE I'LL GET LOST AGAIN!

Spammerman
06-13-2005, 04:10 AM
i plan on it

1] Way easier to get around
2]I have family far away and want to visit them witout my mum hain to come and get me.
3]I have the urge to go on to a one sided ramp and flip my car possibly killing me or leaving me completely uninjured or somewhere between.

fire_of_avalon
06-13-2005, 04:23 AM
I drive and I'm awesome at it but no one else is as awesome as I~

And I've never had bad things happen, except forgetting my friend can't park and bumped her van. *victory*

DMKA
06-13-2005, 05:15 AM
I drive...been driving since I was 17 (now 20) and I've never been so much as pulled over.

I did hit a sign once when I was out on some rural road because some dude in a bigass new white Dodge pickup zoomed out of his driveway infront of me and the last thing I wanted to do was hit a new pickup, so I don't regret taking crashing into a sign and breaking the portion of the casing of the right front blinker rather than the alternative.

But no one was around so nope, nothing, but it'd of been the person in the Dodge's fault anyway if anything more than that happened and police had gotten involved, and was his fault, but eh.

Meat Puppet
06-13-2005, 06:28 AM
When I was 15 or something I flipped a car I was driving. Ever since then I've been driving like an old lady. (an old lady that drives slow and retarded, not one of those killer grannies fyi)

black orb
06-13-2005, 06:32 AM
>>> Just happened playing need for speed games..:D
I dont drive in real life..

Hawkeye
06-13-2005, 06:35 AM
I just started driving so whoo hoo 2 accidents and 3 speeding tickets but I hope to do better

Behold the Void
06-13-2005, 06:46 AM
Been driving for about a year and a half now. I did get in a minor accident awhile back, I'd been really out of it and I just followed someone who took a left turn and got hit. It sucked.

And then I got a parking ticket on the last day of Sakura Con for parking a bit up the street from where I'd been parking the other two days. Of course, even with the ticket I actually SAVED $10.

theundeadhero
06-13-2005, 06:59 AM
Let's not talk about my driving record...

Calliope
06-13-2005, 07:26 AM
I drive...PEOPLE INSANE! HAHA!

excuse me, I have a train to catch.

Kamiko
06-13-2005, 08:23 AM
I'm a nice driver but that's because I vent my rage in Grand Theft Auto...
*sighs happily*

Devourment
06-13-2005, 09:50 AM
I don't drive yet. Though I don't think I will... I prefer to ride.

Though I had a go in a Suzuki Cappuccino the other day. :cool:

http://retractable.free.fr/pics/szcap8902.jpg

Zeldy
06-13-2005, 05:10 PM
I cant drive yet! But when i can, my god, I will!
I aint allowed anywhere near Motorbikes, im forbidden =O

Craig
06-13-2005, 05:14 PM
I'm learning to drive at the moment, it's taken 5 months so far. I suck.

Silmaril
06-13-2005, 05:20 PM
I will learn how to dribe this summer. (hopefully)

Jebus
06-13-2005, 05:21 PM
I'm 19, and I just got my permit for the second time. How sad is that.

I know I don't need it now, but I am a HORRIBLE driver, and I need all the instruction I can get.

Dr.K
06-13-2005, 05:26 PM
I'm hopefully gonna start taking lessons, or a week-intensive, when A-levels end shortly. Then I plan to get a pick-up truck...beautifully impractical and stupidly inappropriate for my needs. LET IT COME ON!

The Anarchy Angel
06-13-2005, 05:39 PM
Yes i am that maniac-to-be on the moped! :D I'm getting a moped soon....and i am having a motorbike no matter what anyone says! :shifty: