PDA

View Full Version : Worst Injury

bigbri2k5
06-13-2005, 11:53 AM
What's the worst injury you've ever had?
mines's either being stabbed just above my heart or tearing the tendons in my right knee

Rye
06-13-2005, 11:54 AM
Ow, that sounds awful. I don't think I've ever had a bad injury. Just bad illnesses.

boris no no
06-13-2005, 11:55 AM
....nothing really
i had some stitches when i was younger because i got hit on the head with a tennis racket...thats it
i've got really bad knees and ankles....but thats a genetic thing really....plus i'm notgoing to die from it

The Shoeless Hobo
06-13-2005, 12:03 PM
My genitals bleed once. :(

Devourment
06-13-2005, 12:15 PM
Owwww! Nasty!

The worst injury I've had happened just two weeks ago. I fractured my middle finger in two different places & got cellulitis on the hand that I'd fractured. That's about it really. Oh... I've stubbed my big toe once before as well, I nearly ripped the nail of it. V_V There was blood everywhere.

Other than those two things... Nothing! I've never broken a bone in my body really, just fractured my middle finger on my left hand.

gokufusionss1
06-13-2005, 12:48 PM
well no bad injuries but i did have an abcess that required a huge chunk of my arm to be removed through surgery left one big scar.

Chris
06-13-2005, 12:59 PM
I never get injured, I'm lucky like that.

Meat Puppet
06-13-2005, 01:01 PM
heartbreak (i don't play sports)

Social Moon Firesky
06-13-2005, 01:05 PM
heartbreak

That hurts like hell... :(

Also, when I was 6, I ran into my parents' bedroom, slipped on a magazine and whacked my eyebrow open on their bed. Bled for ages, and I had to be rushed to hospital and stitched up. Didn't really hurt, but I shrieked from the shock of it all. I do fencing, so injuries are part of my life. :D

ZuZu
06-13-2005, 01:11 PM
I cause injuries to myself ripping my toe nails off. I can see blood...

I can remember how my brother kicked my foot and then there was a HUGE bruise (almost my whole foots size)... it did have all the colors of rainbow :(

bigbri2k5
06-13-2005, 01:19 PM
I cause injuries to myself ripping my toe nails off. I can see blood... :confused:
why would you do that? i thought i was crazy

ZuZu
06-13-2005, 01:20 PM
I cause injuries to myself ripping my toe nails off. I can see blood... :confused:
why would you do that? i thought i was crazyMy friend is wondering that too... maybe I'm bored. :rolleyes2

Kamiko
06-13-2005, 01:23 PM
When I was around 8, I was running down a boardwalk with a wooden fence and i bumped into and got a five inch long splinter stuck in my thigh! I was such a crybaby... but it really HURT.

bigbri2k5
06-13-2005, 01:31 PM
why would you do that? i thought i was crazyMy friend is wondering that too... maybe I'm bored. :rolleyes2

maybe your sick? lol :D

edczxcvbnm
06-13-2005, 04:08 PM
I popped a disc out of place in my back. That is a constant pain. I am glad it popped back into place...eventually. The pain was constant and terrible.

Jess
06-13-2005, 04:24 PM
Once when I was little I was running around outside with my friends, and I slipped and smacked my head off the corner of a paving slab. It didn't even hurt and I carried on playing until my eyes filled with blood, and all of a sudden I could feel it. You could see my skull, I had to have stitches and I have a little scar there now. :D

Leeza
06-13-2005, 04:26 PM
Motorcycle accident a few years ago. I hit a rock wall. Broke my collarbone, pelvic, shoulder and my right side was all bruised black and swollen. I also damaged the discs in my neck which are now causing me all sorts of problems.

DarkLadyNyara
06-13-2005, 04:30 PM
I got part of a toothpick stuck in my foot once. Spent a month on crutches. Then there was the time I fell headfirst out of an olive tree. Not fun.

Zeldy
06-13-2005, 04:41 PM
hmm, ive had a few..
I was climbing over a fence and i slipped and cut my stomach open.It Scarred
Playing Netball, me and this girl both jumped for the netball and she had really long nails and cut all down one side of my face.Scarred
I was playing tag, my foot caught on the back of the persons trainer and sent me flying, i had 3 stones in my knee. Scarred
And ive been stung my a jellyfish :(

gokufusionss1
06-13-2005, 04:42 PM
Motorcycle accident a few years ago. I hit a rock wall. Broke my collarbone, pelvic, shoulder and my right side was all bruised black and swollen. I also damaged the discs in my neck which are now causing me all sorts of problems.

And i bet your dad warned you as well. :rolleyes2

Silmaril
06-13-2005, 04:48 PM
Hm, when the muscle in my hand got all swollen after a particulary spectacular catch of mine. they had to cut the muscle and now I can't play ball-catchy type sports anywamore. ( i never liked sports anyway)

Dr.K
06-13-2005, 05:24 PM
Sprained my thumb when I fell off my bike. I'm pretty lucky.

Cuchulainn
06-13-2005, 05:35 PM
On 12 December 1996 I was beaten so bad I was in intensive care for 4 days, they tried to stab me but I stopped them with my arm n now it has a 6 inch long Hard-Man scar on it, the curse of being Catholic in the wrong place at the wrong time.

In August 2000 I was attacked again, this time they used a bottle on my face and I R scared there too.

I'm not one to complain, I've managed to get £30,000 Compensation in total :D

Beat that feckers.

Cruise Control
06-13-2005, 05:41 PM
I was riding my bike with my sister the day before my birthday and we were going to go straight but she took a right. I watched her go and BAM!!! I ran into the back of a parked jeep.

I decimated my entire right cheek and I now have metal plates as reconstruction, broke my right arm in 5 places I have a metal rod in it still, I broke my left arm in 2 place, and I broke one rib.

The moral of the story kiddies is: "WATCH WHERE YOU ARE GOING!!!!!"

Jojee
06-13-2005, 05:44 PM
My genitals bleed once. :( Whoopee doo. So do mine. EVERY MONTH! *glares*

Just kidding, I'm just playing the angry PMS girl xD

I hit my head in various ways about sevently zillion times when I was little. xD Seriously, most of my childhood memories are about me hurting my head.

rubah
06-13-2005, 06:24 PM
Once Ah had ah piece uv rustay hawg wahr een mah foot.

Them thair doctairs had to a'cut it out.

Chibi Angel
06-13-2005, 06:36 PM
. xD Seriously, most of my childhood memories are about me hurting my head.

Really? Mine to! When I was three years old a cut my head open on the corner of a table and had to get stitches, when I was 13 I broke my head open again and had to get it stapled shut and once I slid head first into a concrete wall and had to stay up all night in case I had a concussion :( not fun.

Fuzakeru
06-13-2005, 06:41 PM
I was swinging upside down and backwards in a tire swing tied very closely to a huge oak tree. I pushed off and was going higher and higher, oh the fun and glee I experienced!!!! . . . then the wind blew. My heart sunk as my face collided with the enormous trunk of the large oak tree.

No blood. I was safe in my preteen mind of clueless deduction! Then I felt the huge lump caressing the top of my forehead.

I ran in to the house, desperate to see what injury purged my face when my mom stopped me. I pleaded for her not to laugh at me then I removed my hands from that shameful mound. My mother passed out then.

IT'S ALMOST OVER!!!!!

Apparently the wound was the size of a grapefruit cut in half and the doctor couldn't figure out why I didn't have brain damage.

IT'S OVER!!!!!!

Shauna
06-13-2005, 06:42 PM
Hmmm... I've never been in any serious accidents.
There was the time, when I fell onto mussels and I've got this giant scar across my leg.
And the time when I knelt down onto a metal shovel.
AND there was one time, when I pulled the brake on my bike and I fell over the handles of my bike... can't remember whether I had any serious injuries there. xD

Apollo
06-13-2005, 07:06 PM
Okay, well, there was the time I was hit by a hotdog cart at the mall. It hurt. :p

Then there was the time I was in a car accident. Head on collision. I was in the hospital for days, so was my friend, but the driver didn't make it.

Kirobaito
06-13-2005, 07:08 PM
Testicular torsion. :( If that's an injury. More of a condition, really. Second would be the time I ran into a pole and broke my nose.

Chibi Angel
06-14-2005, 12:51 AM
Oh I forgot the time I spilled boiling water on my hand and got second degree burns.

Jewels
06-14-2005, 01:05 AM
Mine is definitely spraining my ankle while I was playing netball. I still remember the pain, and I even rolled my ankle three times after the major one, and now it's fully screwed up. I ALWAYS have to tape it up whenever I play now.

Shlup
06-14-2005, 03:17 AM
Probably tearing the cartilage behind my right knee cap when I was eight. I had to drop out of gymnastics and get all fat. It didn't hurt that bad, but it's one of those injuries that never really heals so it still hurts sometimes.

nik0tine
06-14-2005, 03:20 AM
I stapled my thumb once.

omnitarian
06-14-2005, 03:53 AM
I've stapled my thumb too. :O_O:

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
06-14-2005, 06:29 AM
i wouldnt exactly call it an injury but the closest thing that i have been physically hurt by is....

the fact that my parents made me go and get circumcised late (around 12 years old)...

that was the worst 2 weeks of pain i had so far

as for injuries!? i havent hurt myself too badly, i usually have minor ones (falling over, bumping into walls, jarring my toe)...so even though i may not have a major injury, my acident prone nature makes up for the injury department so i am in pain in one form or another...daily (yay) its so good to be me! :D lol

Peegee
06-14-2005, 06:39 AM
Fractured two bones in my palm on my left hand from punching a wall before a Karate Tourney. A piece of advice: those protective gloves they make you wear also make you punch like an idiot -- knuckles lined up instead of your middle/index finger knuckles in front.

ZuZu
06-14-2005, 09:22 AM

maybe your sick? lol :DNoooooo... :p It's just one of my bad habits... don't wanna know the others ;)

44 caliber
06-14-2005, 03:35 PM
I almost broke my back once.

Ashi
06-14-2005, 04:44 PM
When I was young I had several accidents in the same year, both injured the same foot. It got better later.

Once I was trying to walk down the stairs wearing rollerblades. Yup, wasn't pretty.

Another time I was running and then just bumped into a wall. My finger touched the wall first. It got swollen. Same thing happened recently with my whole body weight being held up by one part of my body. My wrist still hurts from it. Can't do much with my left hand now.

The last silly injury I remember was my big toe nail breaking inwards. I wore bandages around it and refused to let anyone touch it for weeks. I got scared 'cause it got bloody and stuff.

ZuZu
06-14-2005, 04:49 PM
Once I was trying to walk down the stairs wearing rollerblades. Yup, wasn't pretty.
I wanna try too! Now is good time, nobody isn't at home :joey:

bigbri2k5
06-16-2005, 03:25 PM

maybe your sick? lol :DNoooooo... :p It's just one of my bad habits... don't wanna know the others ;)

sure i do bad habits are cool!!!

my arms in a sling coz i watched jackass and copied them. i took the wheels and trucks off a skateboard and went down stairs
*shakes hed*
dont know why but now i have a sling on

Rusty
06-16-2005, 03:33 PM
I'm one of those people who have never really been injured, just the usual scratches and bruises :)

bigbri2k5
06-16-2005, 03:38 PM
I'm one of those people who have never really been injured, just the usual scratches and bruises :)

i usually call thes peoplle wimps coz they're too scared to do something stupid :D

Cruise Control
06-16-2005, 04:04 PM
most of your injuries involve blood... Mine had no blood, just excruciating pain! I still kicked ass in timesplitters online, with one hand! Yay for the Sci-Fi Handgun!

fire_of_avalon
06-16-2005, 05:21 PM

Yep. I've jumped off of stuff, dived off of stuff, fallen down, been thrown down, twisted things in all different manners of that hurts-ness, but I've still never had anything bad go wrong. I'm unbreakable! *flex*

DreamingOfDreams
06-16-2005, 06:23 PM
I hit my head on a video cabnit at school, and it was bleeding for ages, but I laughed. I do that when I hurt myself. I dislocated my knee when is was in a Tae Kwon Do sparing match, and I once cut my shoulder open when I was fencing. :p I always seem to get hurt, but I have never broken a bone.

Zeldy
06-16-2005, 06:25 PM
Cutting your arm with a sharperner blades hurts very much so :(

gokufusionss1
06-16-2005, 06:30 PM
haha sharpener blades are blunt try using a compass or the table knife they hurt way more *says the voice of self abuse experience*

Zeldy
06-16-2005, 06:31 PM
haha sharpener blades are blunt try using a compass or the table knife they hurt way more *says the voice of self abuse experience*
Nah this is the last time im doing anything like this, ive got red lines over my wrist from a compass before...

The Time Assassin
06-16-2005, 06:32 PM
Wasn't an injury but still:

When I got my wisdom teeth out they had to remove 4 pieces of my jaw because they were in the way of the teeth. I couldn't eat for 3 days and had to keep a crap load of gauze in my mouth to keep from bleeding to death. I actually passed out the first time I got up to use the bathroom which was about 12 hours after the surgery.

Sucked ass, my mouth was all swolen for like 2 weeks after it too.

Ultima Shadow
06-16-2005, 07:13 PM
I problem brain with time some ago. People some think still me strange but dumb they are. Me fine now. Brain perfect is. :)

Sepho
06-16-2005, 07:33 PM
I've got a big frame, so I've never broken a bone, though I've had quite a few falls and mishaps that would broke most bones. I have had to get stitches once, so let me tell you about that.

You all know what a broadhead is? It's an arrowhead used for hunting that utilizes three razor blades in a pyramidal pattern, like so:

http://tim.digitalfault.com/hosted/broadhead.jpg

When I was 12-ish, I was at the babysitters house when her husband was, in a manner unfathomable to me, cleaning arrowheads not unlike the one in the above image. He had them resting on the arm of the chair behind which my backpack had somehow relocated. In my attempt to reclaim my bag I tripped and found support on the arm of the chair, but to my dismay, it was the arm whereupon those deadly instruments lay.

One of those three life-ending blades managed to completely sink itself into my thumb, and cut through a vein (or an artery. One of the two). It sprayed and squirted blood like in the movies, so it made the whole experience worthwhile.

Blackmageboi
06-16-2005, 08:36 PM
well so far i have had a rusty nail through my foot a broken collarbone and last term i was bent backwards too far and my back hurt for a while i couldn't even stand upright.

MushroomZOMBIE
06-16-2005, 08:39 PM
Cut lines still visible from using knives........under my left forearm (Some horizontal,some vertical.) I've had a hard life. :cry:

Odaisé Gaelach
06-16-2005, 08:41 PM
I problem brain with time some ago. People some think still me strange but dumb they are. Me fine now. Brain perfect is. :)

I'll perform any brain aneurysm/tumour operation for just under €50! Just bring me a bottle of antiseptic and some towels. Oh, and a bottle of lubricant. Won't want the drill's friction to overheat and fry your brain, would we? ;)

Old Manus
06-16-2005, 08:42 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/theoffice/images/yourgallery/headless.jpg

MushroomZOMBIE
06-16-2005, 08:46 PM
:lol:

Cless
06-16-2005, 08:58 PM
On 12 December 1996 I was beaten so bad I was in intensive care for 4 days, they tried to stab me but I stopped them with my arm n now it has a 6 inch long Hard-Man scar on it, the curse of being Catholic in the wrong place at the wrong time.

In August 2000 I was attacked again, this time they used a bottle on my face and I R scared there too.
Man, that sucks. Fortunately, I've never been the victim of a sectarian attack before, though me and a few friends were threatened with knives once for being a mostly Protestant team after playing a football match in a predominately Catholic area.

And my worst injury came from a football (soccer) match. I tore the ligaments in my left ankle a few years ago, and it's still less stable than my right one to this day. But, oh well; it's not really that big a deal. :p

Rusty
06-17-2005, 09:57 AM

Yep. I've jumped off of stuff, dived off of stuff, fallen down, been thrown down, twisted things in all different manners of that hurts-ness, but I've still never had anything bad go wrong. I'm unbreakable! *flex*

Yep, I'm the same :)

Shauna
06-17-2005, 06:24 PM
How could I forget this!?

I was really, really young! Like, 1 or 2, and I was outside in my Pram near stairs, when my sister ran away, and my parents ran after her!
Somehow, I managed to fall down the cement stairs, still in my pram.

I've still got a weird... dent would be the wrong way to describe it... OK, I've still got a mark on my forehead.

The only reason I know this, is cause my parents told me. And, no, there is nothing wrong with me... :D

Nephiliam
06-17-2005, 06:33 PM
I don't know which was my worst injury.. breaking my collar bone, or nearly chopping off my little toe with a razor. =/ Both were done when I was little.

boris no no
06-17-2005, 07:07 PM
i just cannot believe that i havn't seriously hurt myself saying how clumsy i am!! i fall into most things and fall over all the time :)
i also poke my fingers into eletrical things all the time.
liek today at work i was trying to fixc a fan....while it was still on. i was poking my fingers in and everything :)