PDA

View Full Version : Xenosaga Episode 1's battles are annyoing

Erdrick Holmes
06-13-2005, 05:01 PM
Does anybody know of a way that I can use special attacks without wasting a turn to build AP? Because the game is starting to hate me and my guys can't go three turns without dying. I seen a video of a battle where the player managed to make Shion do Spell Ray on her first turn.

Shoeberto
06-13-2005, 06:15 PM
It's been a while since I've played, but I know what you're talking about, and this is something you need to do with any skill you plan on using.

Open your Tech Attack, select a character, and go to Use T. Points. Select a skill and upgrade its wait to A0. Then you assign it using Set and from then you can just do two-button combos to pull it off.

Out of curiosity, how far have you gone in the game without doing that?

edit: fixed some stuff.

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-13-2005, 06:53 PM
Hsu is correct. It should be the middle upgrade in the tech area. You can equip one long-ranged one and one short-ranged one.

Erdrick Holmes
06-13-2005, 06:56 PM

edit: fixed some stuff.

All the way to The Song of Nephilim.

Hsu, it's not working, I set Shions shockblade to A0 and set it for Square, Square, it STILL didn't go off.

MecaKane
06-13-2005, 08:13 PM
I never did that, I always put my T points into stats and it worked out good.

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-13-2005, 09:11 PM
It should be executed by a square square combo if you set it correctly.

Erdrick Holmes
06-13-2005, 09:18 PM
I was supposed to do the SPEED leveling, not WAIT. Now I got it.

Shoeberto
06-13-2005, 09:20 PM
Yeah, my bad. It's been a long time since I played the game. The Wait is for how long it takes for your character to get their turn after using the attack.

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-13-2005, 09:23 PM
It's generally a good idea to get the wait down too, that can save your life after MANY a boss battle.