PDA

View Full Version : Safer Sephiroth- easy to beat?

elorian
06-13-2005, 06:41 PM
I just beat FF VII today (go me! :) ) and I was suprised at how easy to beat Safer Sephiroth was. I got a few attacks in, then once Cloud got the limit break I Omnislashed him and he went down. Didn't take more than five minutes. I was at roughly leve 75. Doesn't this seem incredibly for a final boss battle? You'd think it would be harder.

Lord Magician
06-13-2005, 06:50 PM
He is a hard boss but not impossible to beat.

Now try beating Ruby Weapon and Emerald weapon!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! :p

THEN YOU WILL SEE WHAT REAL BOSSES ARE LIKE!!!!

P.S. You will lose in the first try! So don't cry. It happens to everyone!

And if you are going to fight either, EMERALD FIRST! Ruby will just kill you. But IT'S YOUR GAME, AND YOU CHOOSE WHO TO FIGHT FIRST!!

Later.

Rengori
06-13-2005, 07:28 PM
Yes, Safer Sepiroth is a blind crippled chocobo compared to Emerald and Ruby WEAPON. Beating them is like getting a gameshark, and you get tons of rewards. Unfortunatley, I only beat Ruby. Which is still pretty good. Gold Chocobo, Master materia... And Emerald Always murders me. When you fight Ruby, DON'T I repeat, DON'T use KotR when his hands are in the ground. He will be prompted to use a quicksand thingy which gets rid of one of your allies. Instead, use Bahamut ZERO or regular attacks. Something that won't do more than 9000 damage. Now both weapons have around 600,000 HP, so expect to lose. A lot. Above 20 times in most cases.

Khimbar
06-13-2005, 08:55 PM
yes, i thouroughly agree with Rengori. I actually beat Emerald in a fair fight, but i only beat Ruby because i used a gameshark, made Cloud invincible, and let Cloud Counter-attack while i fell asleep at the controller, on accident! :D

but, i would also suggest Emerald first. For starters, he has an attack that does [1 materia = 1000 damage] so if you have everyone at 9999 hp naturally, have person 1 have a final attack + phoenix; person 2 bad ass summon, preferably master; person 3 bad ass magic, preferably master. Yuo can customize persons 2 &3 as you want, but person1 cant be changed :mad2:.

And if your at full health, and he uses his materia based attack, everyone will have 7777 HP :D enjoy

Delta
06-13-2005, 10:33 PM
KOTR-Safer Sephorith=PWND

Ultima Shadow
06-13-2005, 10:39 PM
Yes.

Cruise Control
06-13-2005, 10:39 PM
Safer Sephiroth is easy...
I just got bored fighting him because he kept foing that attack that you have to watch it go through planets and stuff... I got bored real fast.

Now the next sephiroth is much harder.

TurkSlayer
06-13-2005, 11:33 PM
Safer Sephiroth is pretty easy, but Kefka (FFVI) is easier. As for Ruby and Emerald... I HATE RUBY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Emerald, I don't mind, but Ruby slaughtered me!! I HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...So anyway, yeah, they're pretty tough.

Mo-Nercy
06-13-2005, 11:39 PM
FFVII's been out so long, I'm pretty sure someone who's never played it before knows that strategy for beating Ruby and Emerald Weapon. Ditto for Safer Sephiroth.

Besides, had you gone straight to the Northern Crater as soon as you got into Disc 3, you probably would have been level 50 tops. It would have been a little harder then.

Shoden
06-13-2005, 11:43 PM
took me 2 KOTR's to bring down Safer Sephiroth his stats depend on Cloud's make cloud uber safer sephiroth becomes uber too

Behold the Void
06-14-2005, 12:06 AM
took me 2 KOTR's to bring down Safer Sephiroth his stats depend on Cloud's make cloud uber safer sephiroth becomes uber too

You sure about that?

In any event I didn't have any trouble against Safer Sephiroth at all. I was about level 42 when I took him down, he was easy. I even finished dinner thanks to his repeated use of Super Nova.

DarkItachi
06-14-2005, 12:48 AM
Ruby Weapon and Emerald weapon are stronger then sephiroth.I beat the game but i still cant beat them :(

Masamune·1600
06-14-2005, 01:38 AM
Now both weapons have around 600,000 HP, [...]

Emerald Weapon has 1,000,000 HP. Ruby Weapon has 750,000 HP.

but, i would also suggest Emerald first. For starters, he has an attack that does [1 materia = 1000 damage]

Aire Tam Storm deals 1111 damage per materia.

I was suprised at how easy to beat Safer Sephiroth was. I got a few attacks in, then once Cloud got the limit break I Omnislashed him and he went down. Didn't take more than five minutes. I was at roughly leve 75.

Besides, had you gone straight to the Northern Crater as soon as you got into Disc 3, you probably would have been level 50 tops.

I didn't have any trouble against Safer Sephiroth at all. I was about level 42 when I took him down

Safer Sephiroth's HP increases dramatically under certain conditions. There's general agreement upon the fact that his HP goes up when Cloud's level is 99, although I've also read that his HP goes up for every character at level 99, as well as if the party uses Knights of the Round against Jenova∙SYNTHESIS or Bizarro Sephiroth. Both the EoFF main site and the FF Online Bestiary claim that Safer has 150,000 HP, while a number of sites suggest that his HP is 120,000, 80,000 base, or 73,000 base. I'll do my best to determine the exact parameters for the Safer fight sometime in the future.

Rengori
06-14-2005, 06:55 AM
Now both weapons have around 600,000 HP, [...]

Emerald Weapon has 1,000,000 HP. Ruby Weapon has 750,000 HP.

You actually kept track of that? I guessed around 600,00, I must have forgotten about one of the attacks...

Carl the Llama
06-14-2005, 12:27 PM

And if you are going to fight either, EMERALD FIRST! Ruby will just kill you. But IT'S YOUR GAME, AND YOU CHOOSE WHO TO FIGHT FIRST!!

Later.
i have never lost to emerald weapon he/she was easy witht the stratagy i mentioned in the Emerald/Ruby thread and i think youll find that if two of your characters are dead then you go into the fight you will be fine to use KotR on ruby if you follow this stratagy

oh and btw the easyest way to kill emmy is to have KotR+HP Absorb Mime+MP Absorb Final Attack+Revive = invincible Cloud have the others equiped with Mime and Final Attack+Revive that way it is imposible to loose but id recomend equiping W-Summon as well

Ravenmorghane
06-14-2005, 01:08 PM
its only difficult if you havent put the work in earlier to develop your characters, form a battle tactic (same as any FF game really) and get KOTR ..its true that sephiroth becomes stronger as your characters develop but its not exactly substantial. My little brother tried Safer Sephiroth at level 52 and couldnt, but i did it easy at level 76 because I had made LOADS of effort during the game and doing sidequests. so there.

Shoden
06-14-2005, 05:28 PM
my chars were at lv 62 with 9999 hp each and high stats

the higher your chars stats and HP the more Health Safer Sephy has

boys from the dwarf
06-14-2005, 07:07 PM
safer sephiroth was a challenge for me at first but i beat him first try my characters were at level 75 and things looked bad but i just made it but now hes easy cause all i did was and omnislash and KOTR and hes a crippled blind malnourished baby deaf sick chocobo.(sorry to sound cruel cause chocobos rule.)

Rengori
06-14-2005, 09:35 PM
I didn't have KOTR and didn't use OmniSlash when I first fought Sephiroth and he was still a pushover.

XxSephirothxX
06-14-2005, 10:53 PM
I fought Sephiroth in the 50's and thought he was pretty easy, so, yeah.

Shoeberto
06-15-2005, 12:47 AM
Yup. DeBarrier + KoRT + Mime = win get!

I keep having the urge to type "KOTOR" instead or "KoTR."

Khimbar
06-15-2005, 03:44 AM
Yup. DeBarrier + KoRT + Mime = win get!

I keep having the urge to type "KOTOR" instead or "KoTR."
That was also my strategy, and it rules. And I also have an inclination to type KOTOR....

Seifer
06-15-2005, 03:52 AM
I've beaten Safer Sephiroth with nothing except Meteorains once before.

On a side note, Ruby Weapon is one of the easiest bosses in the game.

Khimbar
06-15-2005, 03:58 AM
you sir, are a crazy crazy man, as long as you have a fool-proof tactic, i suppose you could say ANY boss is easy as crumb cake.... but i still say Ruby was a bastard

Lon611
06-15-2005, 05:54 AM
i just beat the game for the first time sometime last week, and i thot that some of his attacks were annoying, like super nova. my chars were about at level 60 each, and i didn't have KOTR or Omnislash, and it was still fairly easy. i beat him first try :)

Carl the Llama
06-15-2005, 11:20 AM
i have never seen sephiroth do the supernova move... in fact the last time i played i decided i WOULD see him do so i jus sat there waiting useing megaelixiers when i had to(which wasnt that often) and after sitting there for 20 minutes i still hadnt seen it, so i gave up and killed him, all my characters were lvl99 and i still whooped his ass i guess im not lucky enough (or to lucky as the case may be) to have it used on me :mad:

sayen
06-15-2005, 11:36 AM
one thing you shuld never have equiped on cloud when fighting safer sephiroth. and thats only if your sure your immmune to confuse. firt time i thougt safer sephiroth he used super nover i suvived cured and kept hitting. he did super nova again confused cloud and slash-all and ultima weapon while confused dosent work to well. one attack from cloud wiped out my entire party.

btw whrere is final attack mime w-summon?

Erdrick Holmes
06-15-2005, 11:58 AM
I cast KOTR on him once, he died immediatly.

Rengori
06-16-2005, 02:26 AM
I've beaten Safer Sephiroth with nothing except Meteorains once before.

On a side note, Ruby Weapon is one of the easiest bosses in the game.

He wasn't one of the easiest bosses, but I see no reason why everyone thinks he's so hard! The only thing you don't do is use KotR while his hands are in the ground or he'll get rid of one of your party members.

Lord Magician
06-16-2005, 02:31 AM
Here is a simple stratagy to beat the bosses in the crater with.

Bosses: Jenova-SYNTHESIS, Bizzaro Sephiroth, Safer Sephiroth.

Talk to your party at the point of no return and choose to move on. There will
be a short story event and then you'll pick your party. Just hop from Rock to
Rock all the way down. Every now and again you'll have to fight a battle.
When you make it to the bottom, you'll be attacked by Jenova-SNYTHESIS.

Jenova Synthesis
Level: ??
HP: 60000 [10000 and 8000 for the arms]
MP: ???
Weakness: None
Nullifies: Gravity
Steal: nothing
EXP: 5000
AP: 3500
GIL: 0
Win: nothing

Her attacks all suck. Eventually she'll start a countdown from 5. When it
reaches 0 she will cast Ultima on your whole party, should you survive and win
the battle you will not receive any experience. Otherwise about all she does
is whip you with her arms.

More story will happen, you'll be allowed to split into multiple parties if
your level is high. It's time to fight...

Bizzaro Sephiroth
HP: 40000
MP: 400 for each of the five parts

There are five sections. The head has 2000 life, the arms I believe 4000 each.
You will be unable to damage the middle section until it's defense is down.
Once the core is down it has a mere 10000 hp to wail on. Do this fast though.
This section will heal the torso section for about 6700hp every round of play.
If you can't keep up with that kind of healing use alternate methods such as
Coin and Throw. His offensive attacks are really weak so don't be concerned
with them. Oh, and unless you really need to, don't switch parties. When
he dies you'll immediately face....

Safer Sephiroth
HP: Varies with Clouds level, 35,000 to 140,000ish
MP: ???

He'll open with a Wall, Debarrier it. Regan your whole party and get a big
guard up. Just pound him with everything you have. His main attack is super
nova which will take away about 93% of your current health. He will usually
follow it up by casting Break on one party members. His other attacks include
fallen angel [hp reduced to 1] and Dain, which will do damage and give you many
unwanted status effects. When he goes airborne he's about to use supernova. Oh
also his physical attacks are just slices with the wing, they hurt, lots. When
you kill him there will be another battle which you can not possibly lose. :D

Starcrest
06-17-2005, 05:21 PM
yeah Safer isn't that hard if your people are pretty good. You don't need omnislash nore KOTR to beat him either, I did it with LV.3's with Cloud, but LV.4's with Vincent and Rex XIII though :p. but yeah Emerald and Ruby kicked the crap outta me...for I lacked KOTR :cry: :cry:

daggertrepe
06-17-2005, 07:24 PM
well, when you were at level 54 like I was, he wasn't SO easy. So, after his barrier wared off, I used Knights of the Round and he was dead. Easy cheat.

Lord Magician
06-17-2005, 08:03 PM
Dont call the game easy if you never beat ruby weapon and emerald weapon. :mad:

Rengori
06-17-2005, 11:02 PM
I can't say it's easy until I murder Emerald.

Lord Magician
06-18-2005, 12:04 AM
I may make write the stratagy to beat ruby and emerald weapon later.

I need more requests. For now....I don't feel like it. :mad:

Mo-Nercy
06-21-2005, 01:27 AM
you sir, are a crazy crazy man, as long as you have a fool-proof tactic, i suppose you could say ANY boss is easy as crumb cake.... but i still say Ruby was a bastard
That's exactly the point I'd like to make. If you follow an FAQ word for word, or just wait long enough for a game to be out long enough so that just about everyone knows how to beat everything, I suppose you would start to think that you're the undisputed god of the game.

First time I played Ruby, I actually had no idea how to beat him, so I died big time.

Khimbar2775
06-21-2005, 02:21 AM
btw whrere is final attack mime w-summon?
Theres a Final Attack thread floating around somewhere. Mime: you need a chocobo. Green, i believe, and it is on Wutai island, youll find it eventually. And W-Summon is at the Battle arena.

Peter_20
06-21-2005, 06:39 PM

You sure about that?

In any event I didn't have any trouble against Safer Sephiroth at all. I was about level 42 when I took him down, he was easy. I even finished dinner thanks to his repeated use of Super Nova.

LOL, yeah, he really is a wimp then.
I didnīt need to do anything at all,
I just summoned "Knights of Round" x 2 and then he was gone.
Honestly, thatīs pretty sad.

Vengence
06-21-2005, 07:56 PM
Safer Sephiroth was pathetic. Emerald Weapon was also easy for me. The ONLY boss in that game that actually gave me a challenge was Ruby Weapon. But I finally beat that too.

Rengori
06-21-2005, 10:20 PM
LOL, yeah, he really is a wimp then.
I didnīt need to do anything at all,
I just summoned "Knights of Round" x 2 and then he was gone.
Honestly, thatīs pretty sad.
I think you can say any boss in the game (minus Ruby and Emerald) is easy if you summon KOTR twice.

Safer Sephiroth was pathetic. Emerald Weapon was also easy for me. The ONLY boss in that game that actually gave me a challenge was Ruby Weapon. But I finally beat that too.
And if none of the bosses are challenging except Ruby WEAPON, why bother to playing it all? Games are supposed to challenge you.

Vengence
06-22-2005, 06:29 PM
You make a good point. But I mostly play the FF games for the adventure and I love all the storylines. A few easy bosses aren't enough to bore me..

crashNUMBERS
06-24-2005, 11:51 PM
A little too easy. I've beaten FF7 4 times and the first time I did it only took me 2 tries to kill him...

Rengori
06-27-2005, 12:02 AM
IT TOOK YOU TWO TRIES TO KILL HIM?!?

MAS82587
06-27-2005, 02:04 AM

Later.

actually i fought ruby first and i thought he was significantly easier than emerald

but back on topic......
i thought sephy was really easy too, even if u dont use KOTR or Omnislash. he was never a problem for me, but i guess no last boss of a final fantasy is ever really that hard. well necron was hard for me.

Rengori
06-27-2005, 05:09 AM
Necron... Necron... Ah, the secret boss in FF9. Yes, the hardest boss I've fought in a while. Unless you've played Disgaea. You need to go up like 30 freaking levels in the last three chapters just to barely beat the Seraph.

Sephitachi7
06-29-2005, 05:06 PM
Emerald and Ruby were both hard. Only because you beat them with 99 level characters does not mean they're easy. Maybe you should try beating them in a lower level like I did. Oh and try it without using lucky 7's trick because that is just cheap. Also anyone could beat ruby by just using Hade and KOTR with W-Summon and then spamming MIME. The first time I beat ff7 I had to beat it like that.

Rengori
06-30-2005, 04:17 AM
I was only level 70 when I beat Ruby and Emerald. They're not nesicarily easy, but they weren't all that hard either.

ScottNUMBERS
07-02-2005, 10:13 PM
Necron... Necron... Ah, the secret boss in FF9. Yes, the hardest boss I've fought in a while. Unless you've played Disgaea. You need to go up like 30 freaking levels in the last three chapters just to barely beat the Seraph.

Necron is the final boss not a secret one. I found found him really easy, i was very dissapointed. :cry:

Sephiroth on the other hand..

He took me about 5 tries, i was levels 60-65 i found him hard and i'm surprized that almost everyone found him easy, but then again i was only 11 or 12 years old at the time. Come to think about it I havent fought safer sephiroth in years... :eek:

Saiyan Knight
07-02-2005, 10:35 PM
I thought Safer Sephiroth was piss easy tbh.Did'nt give me any problems.

Starcrest
07-03-2005, 03:04 AM
i was 13 when i first beat him, and he was hard, but I beat him first try anyway. second time was a breeze

Rengori
07-04-2005, 08:24 AM
I highly doubt age equals to anything if it's not you in the game. It's skill that matters. I beat Safer in my first try when I was 10. I remember now that Necron was the last boss. I must of gotten him confused with Ozma.

ScottNUMBERS
07-13-2005, 10:05 PM
I highly doubt age equals to anything if it's not you in the game.

I disagree, I'm pretty sure I've gained more intelligence and knowlege of final fantasy in the space of four years. both of which I are required skills to help you play most final fanasy games.YOU may have been a genius when you were ten, but me and I'm sure a few others wern't. :p Now that I'm older and wiser i think I could put sephiroth in his place much easier than before.

Starcrest
07-13-2005, 11:22 PM
I agree with scott. Age does kinda help you play the game. When you're older your mind can think up better stragedies (sp?) for harder bosses and help you think faster when you're getting raped by a really hard boss *coughthingwithtwoarmswhenyougetthesubcough*. Besides the thinking, no, age doesn't matter