PDA

View Full Version : In Your Honour

Lindy
06-13-2005, 09:39 PM
Best thing the Foo Fighters have released since There is Nothing Left To Lose, I mean, One by One was good, but it only had a couple of standout songs (Overdrive and Come Back) and the rest was just mediocrity.

The new album is all good, and I mean really good, every song is just ZING, and grows with every listen. Though, to be honest, I really don't like the second CD, it's too soft, all of the songs feel like they're going to just break into something more typical any moment, but just never do.

That aside, the first CD is hot like suns are hot, and Best of You is the best single since Breakout.

And yes, I know it's "In Your Honor", but I'll be buggered before I misspell the word honour when I don't have to.

Captain Maxx Power
06-14-2005, 12:10 PM
You mean the Foo Fighters are actually above average? Could've fooled me.

Az Lionheart
06-14-2005, 12:16 PM
an exelent album, i love every minute of it.....but then again i love all of their albums..... :D

Ravenmorghane
06-14-2005, 12:53 PM
You mean the Foo Fighters are actually above average? Could've fooled me.
I bloody hope that was sarcastic buddy!

Go british spelling!!! HONOUR

i much prefer old stuff of foos especially the album the colour and the shape. the new song 'best of you' sounds very much like a part 2 of one by one to be honest, still all good tho.
i like their diversity of lively rock anthems and soothing chillout rock.

GooeyToast
06-14-2005, 07:28 PM
Yeah, The Colour and The Shape was my favorite FF album to date. Actually, I remember listening to them when I was 8 or 9 and I always did like them.

Lately though, they just haven't sounded the same as they used to. But, seeing as how everybody here thinks this new album rocks, I might have to pick it up & listen.

Dreddz
06-14-2005, 07:46 PM
even though I dont like them
I heard there new song
Came 4th in da charts * claps *

The Captain
06-15-2005, 08:34 AM
Hmm, I shall investigate this album now as I was undecided about buying it or not. Thanks Lind!

Take care all.

Meat Puppet
06-15-2005, 10:43 AM
I'll have a look at it when the local music store gets it in. (10 years to wait)

Devourment
06-15-2005, 03:31 PM
I hate the song 'Best of You', but I like a lot of the Foo Fighters older songs.

GooeyToast
06-16-2005, 02:30 AM
Me too. Their new songs have been sounding.......well, not as good as they used to be really.

Jewels
06-16-2005, 04:41 AM
I still like the Foo Fighters and I always think most of their songs are pretty good. Really need to get their new album.

Ste
06-18-2005, 05:26 PM
new albumn is great, only downside i can see is the lacking of a real epic ending track, like come back was, but overall an excellent albumn.

the rocky cd is brilliant, no way back and DOA just sublime songs and will become classics.

the acoustic cd is good, a couple of standout tracks, but nothing really special.

kikimm
06-18-2005, 06:24 PM
Hmm, really? That's good, then. I'll agree that One by One...wasn't their best album. I like it, and still listen to it, but yes, I much prefer There is Nothing Left to Lose. I'm glad you think this album's great, though; I guess I'll really have to go check it out now. Excellent.

:D